Calling in sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling in sick

Ok, when you call in sick for actually being sick, do you feel guilty or bad or sheepish calling in because you're not used to doing it? I haven't missed a day of work in 3 years (excluding vacation) and I had to call in yesterday because I couldn't keep anything down.

So, anyone feel bad/guilty about calling in to work because you're not used to it or because you know it'll leave a ton of more work on everyone else there?
    Yes- I feel bad/guilty calling in
    19.23%
    No- I don't feel bad/guilty calling in
    57.69%
    No- I never call in and I'm perfect
    7.69%
    I don't know why I'm voting. I should be killed immedietely for picking this one.
    15.38%
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

i usually dont mess work either...but if i am sick they know its serious...cause ive gone into work sick before...i just trynot to make it ahabit since i work in food. but i usually just sit back and do managerial tasks when i m sick.

Comment

It depends. If you work gives you 1 sick day a month, that is just another way of saying "1 day off". But yea I am the same as Clarks.

Comment

I didnt vote cause there isnt a spot for it but i sometimes feel bad about calling in. If im actually sick screw um im sick but if i want to golfing than sometimes.

My Ride
        myspace

Comment

i dont really like calling in sick, because most likely i need the cash and such. i've gone to work with a 100 temp when im sick, and i still go, because i feel the responsibiity and i need the $$, just my 2 cents
          Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

whats with the people who arent excersicing their rights?!?!..vote dammit jeez...just responding and not voting means i have to read everything!! jp. but yea...i also work a lot of the time to cover for other people who are sick or cant make it to work..im the nice guy...

Comment

i usually dont get sick often..but when i do. im like a baby! i need my rest and medicine. so no, i dont feel bad when i call off. i usually dont like my jobs anyway. fuck em

:Back In Business...

Comment

At my old job during HS, I didn't miss a day in 3 years, and when the review time came, I got an "average" attendance rating. Once I saw that...I used to just blow off work for fun.

But I do feel bad when I have real jobs, etc if I don't go.

Comment

Depending on which job it is....when its my full time job i hate to call in...id rather try to come in and leave early if i had to..but with my part time...i could call in everyday and not feel guilty....its such a shitty job...and they dont appreciate anything so....to hell with them....although i never really called in that much at the part time job...but i did do it sometimes when i was fine and just didnt want to go in....

Comment

I've had to call in sick a few times, but that's when I fell pretty bad. but no I don't ever feel too bad about calling in sick. I hate doing it but yeah sometimes I HAVE to.
                    ~~~~~~~

Comment

I don't know why I'm voting. I should be killed immedietely for picking this one.
                      AccordAnimal, micksf22accord 2 22.22%
                      Voters: 9.

IM WAITING!! I still havent been killed so if you want you can come try but i dont die easy you may need to put a stake threw my heart

o and i dont feel guitly or anything

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                      bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Ninjas on the way!
                        Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                        2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                        2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                        2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

my jobs are treat you like shit jobs so i dont feel bad for calling in.. depends on what type of job it was i would feel bad (ie- hospital for sick kids)

Comment

shit man, i dont feel bad for calling in sick when im NOT. but then again my manager is a dick. if im faking it, i just fall right back asleep after calling in... no weight on my shoulders.

Comment

sounds just like me ^^

:Back In Business...

Comment

Working...
                              X