All you can carry for $30.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All you can carry for $30.

my gf and i went to heaven, or pretty close to it. we found a salvage yard that charges $30, all one person can carry. amazing deal.

we both drive Hondas, my Accord and her 90 Civic wagon. we originally went there just for a new window for my Accord, but when we got there, sitting at the top of the hill in the distance was a 1990 Civic wagon. same color as hers, inside and out. it's nearly impossible to find parts for wagons, especially body panels in good shape and the right color. so, we began stripping the poor wagon and picking from the Accords.

we made 2 trips this weekend @$30 each trip, so for $60 i carried out all of the following parts.

Civic
    driver's door (complete, minus mirror)
    steering column cover
    A/B pillar trim panel
    license plate garnish
    front seat cover (complete)
    driver's seat side trim
    cargo area light
    dash filler insert
    passenger mirror
    hood support clip
    sun visor
    rear wiper
    folding seat pull and trim ring
    rear strut caps
    corner panel (below taillight)

Accord
    map sensor
    driver's window
    power window regulator
    climate control
    cup holder
    (2) headlights
    door lock pull
    bumper light socket
    hood support clip
    arm rest cap/plug

that's 31 individual parts, not counting all the parts that make up the complete door. atleast $600 worth of parts, at regular junkyard prices. the wagon also has an unbroken windshield. now i have to find out how to pull a windshield without breaking it.

fourthgenhatch.net

WTF!!! Damn, I wish they wouldve had that going on over here when i was pirating junkyards. Good job pulling all that loot.

Comment

There's a place near me that's 50 all you can carry...I just need to figure out what I could make the most off of, and I'd probably try it

Comment

Originally posted by H22ACB7

WTF!!! Damn, I wish they wouldve had that going on over here when i was pirating junkyards. Good job pulling all that loot.
        i know man, we thought it was some false advertising scheme. too good to be true, but it is.

fourthgenhatch.net

Comment

thats sick man, wish i had some of those deals around me. I need some of those parts too, oh well, maybe ill go dumpster diving this weekend.
          Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

LUCKY! Nothing like that ever goes on around my area. I need quite a bit of parts for my new cb7 and I know I could figure out someway of carrying it all at once. $30...what a deal! I would bring some rope to tie stuff together.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
            91 accord lx (5spd)
            92 accord lx (5spd)
            93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

They must have a sh*t load of engines lying around! Not to mention tranny's. I wish I had a place like that near me, life would be SO much easier.
              Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
              D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
              ┴─┴
              ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                There's a place near me that's 50 all you can carry...I just need to figure out what I could make the most off of, and I'd probably try it
                Which yard is that mike?

Not Everretts is it? Ive actually never been there for the fear that I would've gotten lost trying to look for the place.
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                  Which yard is that mike?

Not Everretts is it? Ive actually never been there for the fear that I would've gotten lost trying to look for the place.
                  Brockton Auto Parts...right next door. Everett's is easy to get to. I think I'm going there Friday actually...

BAP is the sketch tho...and they usually don't have much, but if you get lucky its a sweet deam. Everett's hasn't been as good as they used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                    Brockton Auto Parts...right next door. Everett's is easy to get to. I think I'm going there Friday actually...

BAP is the sketch tho...and they usually don't have much, but if you get lucky its a sweet deam. Everett's hasn't been as good as they used to be.
                    You could always give Middleboro a try...and theres a place called Jacks Auto in N. Billerica whole sea of cb7s and other Hondas as well, I havent been there since last summer though.

Ah memories....Middleboro that is.
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

awesome dude!

location....phone number.....please

there is a yard like that on the southside of Atlanta, but most of the CB's are pretty much gutted of everything possible. and the interiors are all mildew infested

i saw a 91 SE in there once, i about shat my pants until i saw the worthless black leather interior

Comment

dayum, just get a hood and pile stuff on top of that hood
                        better start working out though. ive carried a transmission fromt he garage to my room, its around 100lbs.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                        X