odd encounter with my father

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

odd encounter with my father

so i've been going out a lot this week and coming home in the middle of the night. i figure my dad would be aggrivated that i haven't been having dinner with the family lately.

he come's home from work tonight and see's me on the computer just doing random crap. he comes in and tell's me to check out this site... www.k2motor.com. being bored, i went to it right then and the first thing he asks is if i like the tail lights on the front page (altezza style). so i'm like, "nah, dad that style is played out and rice." then i go on for like 15 minutes trying to explain to him my definition of 'rice'. eventually he was cool with it and before he left, he told me if i wanted something on the site, to let him know. damn i love my dad even after me going out so much, he still manages to be there and try to help me out. make's me regret going out so much now... i'll think twice about just going out randomly from now on. it's good to know i have a good place to come home to

just a random incident i thought i'd write about

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

yeah im glad i live in a good home too, but why the intrest in that site only? does he like own it or somthing?

Comment

looks like abunch of ebay stuff, but its good your dad offered..
      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by 501accord
        yeah im glad i live in a good home too, but why the intrest in that site only? does he like own it or somthing?
        he was randomly searching the internet at work. i guess this is what he came across and he thought i'd like the tail's or some other stuff on the site

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Comment

fizzbob, your life sounds intense man. 'Keep your head up'...

And yea my father and I are always kind of at odds with each other, esp. right now since I'm not working, but he's stuck around and tries to give me guidance when he can. I dunno where I'd be without him.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

It's reading threads like this I realize how much I miss my dad. We got along so well. Everything my mom didn't let me do, he did. Being towed behind the car on a skateboard, building a bike ramp, staying up late to watch Beavis and Butthead when I was 10, buying me off when I crashed on my bike because of something he let me do.

He'd be the one handing me wrenches now. I just hope I've accomplished enough in my life to make him proud.

Comment

my father and i get a long really well, and we've always been to relate through the hard times and good times. He always supported me with my cb and even helped pay for alot of the OEM and aftermarket parts that i needed.

Its kind of sad now, cause im heading off to college and my father has just moved away from where my mother lives and where i work *VT*. hopefully ill still be able to see him and talk to him.
              Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Pops

Its hard to understand my pops sometimes, I really don't talk to him during the week due to the fact he's always on the road (watch out for "OverNite" big rigs) company he works for. But when I need something, or money....he's right there. He helped me with the 5 lug conversion and the tie rods. I thank god everyday for my parents. Sorry for anyone who lost their parents, I can never relate, atleast not now.

Comment

That's coo man, brought a manly tear to my eye. My pops is pretty coo too, he only gets mad when I get oil on the driveway. Funniest thing he ever said: "So when you add the cam, where does the other one go?"
                  My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
                    That's coo man, brought a manly tear to my eye. My pops is pretty coo too, he only gets mad when I get oil on the driveway. Funniest thing he ever said: "So when you add the cam, where does the other one go?"
                    My dad hates OIL and TIRE SHINE on his driveway. He has a fit when it comes to his driveway. I can def. relate to that.

Comment

I never liked my dad hes an asshole. I never did or will connect with him maybe being that his childhood was deprived he thought maybe he can try that shit with me and he fails so now hes hatin. YOu can ask the plenty of people who ive had over for company to see him act like a total jackass around people . He also suffers from attention defict disorder I think his mother and father never gave him any attention. BEcasue everytime i turn around hes always bragin about shit he has and its nothing to whoo,whoo over

Comment

my pops had a real hard life and grew up poor, and now hes a real short fuse, hot headded guy still pretty cool once we set him straight

a while back, he was going through a hard time, he was going to cort over something at his job, it was a mess and my whole family was at each other. obviously he wasnt workin so we were strapped. still kinda are, but not like completely like then. Once we set him straight and he started a new GOOD job, i swear to god, hes a changed man. Like the old days when he had his 78 'rolla with the 3-kc. good times...

its slowly comming back, so i just gotta be patient.

BUT I REALIZED NOT MANY PEOPLE HERE CARE

haha j/p

im happy for you and you pops bro!!

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by jeesare
                          My dad hates OIL and TIRE SHINE on his driveway. He has a fit when it comes to his driveway. I can def. relate to that.
                          haha im glad someone else feels me...

Btw another funny little story, I couldn't help but laugh at this one. I was 18, just got my cb7 and about 2 weeks later I changed the corners to clear (it was cool back than) and my pop comes home from work, and he's like WTF DID U DO!>!>>!>!>>!>! Yellin like someone took a shit on my hood or somethin! So, im like oh dad this is cool, people do this...he's like, does it turn on? I go to turn it on, and the right corner lamp is out...So he starts freakin out!! ahah,..."why did u touch this, see what happens!!! OMGGGGG!1!!1oneone!! So, minus the lights and 25 mods later, here we are...him coming to me for car help on the volvo. lol cracks me up.
                          My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

yea...my dad doesnt really like me spending all the money on my car and shit...so he justs helps me in calculus and chemistry, lol.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

thats cool dude.. it's good to keep a good relationship like that with your parents.

mine did the same kind of thing.. they bought the cb7 for me when i was 16 and i came home from school one day and there was a set of tenzo r shu-4s in the garage that my parents bought from one of my friends for my car.

same when i graduated, i got my graduation money and all.. and i came home one day and there was an invader c/f hood in the living room.

now that i live so far away from my parents, it really tears me down sometimes.

Mike (accordwarrior).. i have the same relationship you did with your dad. he would tow me behind his car in the snow when i was on a sled, he would build bike ramps with me, help me tune up the cars, take me anywhere.. i just can't wait until they retire (1.5 more year for my mom) and move to florida during the winters. i love living on my own and such, but i miss my parents more than anything.
                              Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                              2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                              2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Working...
                              X