V8 Fully Caged Cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe ill swap a ls1 in the camaro haha

nah never my next car is gonna be a LS__ whatever car. Maybe ill get a g8 or GTO.....or new camaro?

Comment

Chevette with an LS1.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Chevette with an LS1.
        that thing would FLY!

edit:
        Last edited by Bcozzi71; 05-25-2010, 12:42 PM.

Comment

blah..
          LS1 this, LS1 that...

all you need is a stock GSR swap in a hatch and goodbye stock LS1,

there is even proof of this on youtube somewhere

Don't get me wrong I'd rather drive a vette than a civic but still so much for "twice the power"

Comment

All this DSM talk makes me a little sick to my stomach. Especially dude saying they are JDM
            VIP Status.

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
              blah..
              LS1 this, LS1 that...

Don't get me wrong I'd rather drive a vette than a civic but still so much for "twice the power"
              that civic was worked and on nitrous vs stock automatic corvette....then another stock camaro

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                blah..
                LS1 this, LS1 that...

And put the same amount of work and money involved in a GSR swap into a hatch into an LS1, and the LS1 would win.

Not saying little 4 cylinders don't have a chance... I mean, look at the site I run...
                Just saying it's thoroughly idiotic to discredit proven performance engines.

Comment

ALSO, a big thing to consider is the PTW ratio of the car. A car that is 2200 pounds with 300whp will be faster than a car that is 3300 pounds with 300whp. 300whp given just as an example.

This is why street bikes make so little power but are faster than just about any street driven car. If you have a completely stripped Vette and a completely stripped hatch, both making the same power, the hatch will win....bring them to the same weight and then torque curve, wheel spin, etc. will come into play as to who is faster.
                  VIP Status.

Comment

Originally posted by 92vig View Post
                    This is why street bikes make so little power but are faster than just about any street driven car. If you have a completely stripped Vette and a completely stripped hatch, both making the same power, the hatch will win....bring them to the same weight and then torque curve, wheel spin, etc. will come into play as to who is faster.
                    I've seen dyno sheets for bikes (turboed of course) that put down 200 or 300 hp to the wheel. I would be scared out of my mind riding anything with more than 100 hp, even then that's going to be faster than most think.

I've seen a few well taken care of DSM cars that did very well. They were upgraded moderately and properly and never had an issue, so they do have some value if you get one brand new, but obviously that's not going to happen for anyone now.

For the LS1 debate. There is no replacement for displacement. A bigger engine will always have more potential for more HP. I choose to start building a Honda engine because of my personal taste in cars and engines. My ex room mate told me that "It's not fair, you can just pick up your engine block and carry it over to where your working." It's just a different set of pro's and con's. I like my Honda engine, and I'd rather spend 7K on a fully built bottom end and work my way up to who knows how much hp, than to spend 10+ K for a car that makes 285 stock and then put more money into that to make it faster. To me it comes down to personal preference.
                    Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

I know it's already been said but...

Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                      D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                      ┴─┴
                      ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71 View Post
                        this must be JDM=inspired? cousin or something
                        accord=inspire?

NOT me.

Let's not get us two mixed up.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Damn what an old thread! I cant even remember what the fact I was doing in 03.

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                            accord=inspire?

NOT me.

Let's not get us two mixed up.
                            hahah whoops my bad...... please dont get offended for being mixed up with him lol

Comment

hahah whoops my bad...... please dont get offended for being mixed up with him lol
                              Hell.. I'm offended you mixed the two up. But then we're dealing with an Italian with a Camaro. Hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
                                Hell.. I'm offended you mixed the two up.
                                No worries here.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Working...
                                X