Clear All

Under Construction

Coupes weren't mean to be sleepers

H22power.com

Comment

i wanna see the bay!

Comment

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom
        unfortuneatly i have to go with mxcx and mrhonda here...oh and accordwarrior too

as much as well all love hondas and our accords here on cb7tuner.com sometimes when push(rod) comes to shove..we have nothing to really say... yea gas mileage..relaibility...[insert random domestic vs. import argument here]...

and im a bit on the tipsy side..but did the 94-97 impalas have LS1s or LT1s?...i still want one of those as a pussy mobile...thats a 4dr with a purpose...
        damn, i didnt know i would piss off so many people, haha

i was kidding. I just have had "reliability issues"with most domestics. I know they can kick ass if done up right. im really the only one whos into imports in my family. all my uncles, my dad, my grandpa all are domesticated. my unc has a nice done up vette. my other uncle had a sixty something chevelle SS. that thing hauled ass!

it just seemed like a perfect time to say that. You gotta admit, it was funny!

-I would take an old school Chevelle SS any day!!!-

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

i wouldnt say you pissed anybody off...ppl just get sensitive sometimes you know...like the thing with this being a repost i didnt know...when was it posted..i just joined and thought it was cool..

Comment

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom
            and im a bit on the tipsy side..but did the 94-97 impalas have LS1s or LT1s?
            94-96 Impalas, 92-96 Corvettes, 93-97 F-bodies - LT1

97-04 Corvettes (except ZO6), 98-02 F-bodies, 04 GTO's - LS1
            00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

why not put a honda...open wheel engine in this lose the slicks and make it one sick drift car.....?

Comment

Originally posted by IBCNYA
                why not put a honda...open wheel engine in this lose the slicks and make it one sick drift car.....?
                uuhhhh....I guess you could....but if its already RWD, why waste the time on an anemic 4cyl when there's penty of room for a V8.

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

and what is so anemic about an open wheel indy car engine?...ahhh was i misunderstood a little?

Comment

Originally posted by IBCNYA
                    and what is so anemic about an open wheel indy car engine?...ahhh was i misunderstood a little?
                    oh....ok....yeah that would be cool, probably a little too expensive though.

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

An Indy car engine would be a terrible drift motor. They have to rev super super high to make the power, and are very peaky...

Now something like a motor prepped for rally racing...that might just be another story.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
                        You obviously have never driven an LS1 powered F-body, GTO, or Corvette....therefore, you wouldn't understand. That engine is pure exstacy.... *drool* And like AccordWarrior stated, the LS1 has the potential for hosepower and torque that Honda owners can only dream of. I don't think anything short of a turbo, bottle-fed H22 could hang with one of those beasts in stock trim. I love Hondas, but you gotta bow down to the almighty American pushrod V8.
                        All that power torque & horsepower and a civic would go right by it. Anyway I would like to see a pic of the under carriage with the drive shaft.
                        Last edited by MADMAXX; 07-19-2005, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Speed is speed is speed...doesn't matter what it is in or what you have. There are so many different ways to get to the same goal of that faster quarter mile time that you can approach it any way you desire. you can take a freakin Miata and they make bolt in 302 SB kits and they run 12's right out of the gate with nothing more than headers and exhaust. or you can take a 70 Chevelle SS lead sled with a 454 with bolt ons and slicks run the same time. Hell, I've seen countless Supra's having over 700 HP that can't break past 12's or 11's, yet i've seen an AWD Eagle Talon TSI with 746 whp run 8.55 in the 1/4 (Yes, john sheperd took the new world record again). No matter until the day cars fly, you'll always have the import vs. domestic arguement and both sides will always be right no matter how hard and how long you look at it. Honda's have just as much potential as Camaros as far as availability for parts...the question is how far are you willing to go to attain that goal? You can take a 2002 SS Anniversary edition LS1 Camaro, put headers, exhaust, intake, and chip and run low 12's (high 11's if you run slicks), or you can take a 94 Civic hatch and drop a B18C5, drag turbo kit, full exhaust and fuel system with mild tuning, and run a very nice 12 time slip as well. Yea, you put more money in the hatch, but when you're comparing a 20k car with a huge motor to a 3k older car with 12-15k worth of mods, it all still adds up the same. You're still spending an assload to go fast. Going fast is not cheap no matter how you look at it. Whether you buy something off the show room floor thats ridiculously fast or take a slow ass car and make it fast, you're paying one way or another. just some people decide if they want to have a bigger car payment and spend less on mods or have very little to no car payment but dump their paychecks under the hood. If you want to be cheap and go fast, buy a motorcycle. Anyone who's been tuning for years will tell you this hobby is nowhere near cheap...anybody on here who's really into cars and modifying can tell you the same thing across the board...its all about what you are into. I've been into this hobby and worked on every manufacturer across the board from classic domestic to brand new import and seen parts costs on all of them. Ask any of the guys on this board to total up how much they have dumped into their cars who've got swaps, boosted, all motor setups, etc...and see. But the result when they mash the gas and stomp whatever it is they're racing or get that time slip at the booth, Priceless.

That is what makes this all worthwhile at the end of the day and helps to ease the pain of knowing how much we've invested.
                          "Once a CB7 Tuner, Always a CB7 Tuner"
                          Former h23 swapped accord owner...

2002 Acura 3.2CL
                          20" Rims and Brembo Brake Kit - Ridin classy and slow

1994 MKIV TT Supra
                          BPU+++ (under the knife, getting nastier)

Comment

bet that bitch moves like aint no ones buisness. is it a pro street. or track only.

Comment

Originally posted by brawl
                              Speed is speed is speed...doesn't matter what it is in or what you have. There are so many different ways to get to the same goal of that faster quarter mile time that you can approach it any way you desire. you can take a freakin Miata and they make bolt in 302 SB kits and they run 12's right out of the gate with nothing more than headers and exhaust. or you can take a 70 Chevelle SS lead sled with a 454 with bolt ons and slicks run the same time. Hell, I've seen countless Supra's having over 700 HP that can't break past 12's or 11's, yet i've seen an AWD Eagle Talon TSI with 746 whp run 8.55 in the 1/4 (Yes, john sheperd took the new world record again). No matter until the day cars fly, you'll always have the import vs. domestic arguement and both sides will always be right no matter how hard and how long you look at it. Honda's have just as much potential as Camaros as far as availability for parts...the question is how far are you willing to go to attain that goal? You can take a 2002 SS Anniversary edition LS1 Camaro, put headers, exhaust, intake, and chip and run low 12's (high 11's if you run slicks), or you can take a 94 Civic hatch and drop a B18C5, drag turbo kit, full exhaust and fuel system with mild tuning, and run a very nice 12 time slip as well. Yea, you put more money in the hatch, but when you're comparing a 20k car with a huge motor to a 3k older car with 12-15k worth of mods, it all still adds up the same. You're still spending an assload to go fast. Going fast is not cheap no matter how you look at it. Whether you buy something off the show room floor thats ridiculously fast or take a slow ass car and make it fast, you're paying one way or another. just some people decide if they want to have a bigger car payment and spend less on mods or have very little to no car payment but dump their paychecks under the hood. If you want to be cheap and go fast, buy a motorcycle. Anyone who's been tuning for years will tell you this hobby is nowhere near cheap...anybody on here who's really into cars and modifying can tell you the same thing across the board...its all about what you are into. I've been into this hobby and worked on every manufacturer across the board from classic domestic to brand new import and seen parts costs on all of them. Ask any of the guys on this board to total up how much they have dumped into their cars who've got swaps, boosted, all motor setups, etc...and see. But the result when they mash the gas and stomp whatever it is they're racing or get that time slip at the booth, Priceless.

That is what makes this all worthwhile at the end of the day and helps to ease the pain of knowing how much we've invested.
                              Very well put VERY well put!

As for the V8 machine there... The only moving that turd does is on ebay. It's always breaking and being sold. Perhaps WHEN it's running it's fast, but I've never heard of it running.

Comment

Originally posted by see bee seven
                                This Shit Is Bananas!
                                Thanks, Gwen Stefani. A few times been around that track?
                                Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                                2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                                2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                                2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Working...
                                X