Torn about new car need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torn about new car need advice

Okay i have a choice between two cars right now, 96 saturn sc2 dohc 5spd with
    89,000 miles for free, or $250 for a 93 accord ex 5spd with 280,000. I know a lot of you are gonna say get the accord but its probably gonna need about $1000 bucks of work just to get it to pass inspection. Also it has some really bad rust spots. Im not a big fan of saturns but this one is pretty fun to drive and should be able to do mid - high 15sec quarter mile stock. You can see how im having a hard time deciding. Im going back to school soon and wont be making much money. Any input is appreciated.
    R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
    My members ride page
    Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Dude, are you kidding? OBVIOUSLY get the Saturn, there is NO competition here.

Comment

yeah as much as I can say...get the Saturn.

versus a 13 year old car with rust spots that are like liver warts on an old womans ass.

Get the saturn.
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Free car = t3h win.

But if you don't want to do the Saturn, save your money for another cb7.
        '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
        -'93 BRP LX 4AT
        -'92 AGP LX 5MT
        -'93 AGP EX 4AT
        10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Saturn.

Use it as equity towards a newer/better car if you don't want to keep it.

I personally don't like the transmissions on the Saturns, but you can't argue with a free car.

Comment

Wow i thought for sure everyone was gonna say the accord. I was leaning more towards the saturn myself mainly from a financial standpoint. GM products just worry me.
            R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
            My members ride page
            Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Comment

saturn = teh ultimate choice bro

the accord; from your description just sounds like it will be a bucket and will be hard to deal with , and will most likely have a lot of problems. 89k is a lot less then 280k and will also have a lot less problems and will most likely be very reliable.
              Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

saturn man
                To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

I third that, get the saturn since you have no money, and it will be a better car for you.

X

Comment

WTF ever! NOOOOOO......get the Accord!

Saturn
                    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

after driving the small gearbox of the 5 speed accord, and then spending all weekend driving a saturn sc2 5 speed, it felt like going from fucking a lil cutie with a tight pussy to driving a fat bitch with a loose cooter... the gearbox on a saturn is HUGE and i have no idea why its called a sports car... but you can't beat a car for free nighty nine...

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
                        WTF ever! NOOOOOO......get the Accord!

Saturn
                        Saturn is free and has 100K+ less miles then the accord. The accord would just end up being a money pit.
                        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

word! Get the saturn....sell it for what its worth then get a CB!
                          1991 Honda Accord Ex
                          Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
                          Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Originally posted by williamsvt
                            Saturn is free and has 100K+ less miles then the accord. The accord would just end up being a money pit.
                            Saturn is also a GM product. We all know how well those hold up with high miles. Plus, lets think about this. Its free. Theres got to be a reason as to why the saturn is free.

Comment

Maybe his parents are giving it to him, jackass.

Comment

Working...
                              X