X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford plant bans competitor vehicles on employee parking lot

seems a lil drastic

http://money.cnn.com/2006/01/27/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - Employees at Ford's Dearborn Truck Plant in Dearborn, Mich., will have to drive Ford Motor Co. vehicles to work or park across the street, the plant manager announced earlier this week.

The new parking policy, which is scheduled to take effect Feb. 1, was instituted by plant manager Rob Webber just as Ford reported losses of $1.6 billion from its North American auto operations in 2005 and Monday announced plans to close 14 plants and cut 30,000 jobs as it tries to reverse losses and respond to declining U.S. market share.

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
    www.maketradefair.com

funny haha

Comment

HAHA. I have heard of other cars, especially imports obviously being vandalized.. but thats interesting. Instead of taking offence, why dont they say hey... this car is in our parking lot since it is better than our cars in these ways... lets change that. Oh well, no hope.

Comment

fckin haters..

Comment

wow that is hella funny..
          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

They can do it, it is Ford's parking lot.

Sort of similar to my $5 "ticket" I got at school for not having my parking pass hanging in th rearview, it was sitting on the dash, face up! I usually leave it there because it destacts me when I turn and it moves, I also do not want every one to know where I got to school.

Of course the ticket was not issued by the government, just the school. They could have withheld my report cards and stuff until it was paid.
            Gary A.K.A. Carter
            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Talk about a kick in the balls...we are gonna take your job, oh and by the way since our market is so declined you ppl that dont drive Ford products are now subject to (i hate my life) bs...love american business.

its like nothing in the world. definition of relaxation.

Comment

its too bad the american car and motorcycle company's cant build a better car or bike.oh wait they could but why were americans we should buy american cars just because not because its a better product,just because it's american.bullshit.when they can build a car as good as honda or lots of other manufactures ill think about buying a american car.but wait i did i bought a marysville ohio built accord and its been trouble free and a joy to drive.i will not buy anything that has a american badge on it car or bike.harley is still using 1940's technology.but you should buy one because its a harley lol. what a joke.i have recently been considering moving to a different country,possibly australia.
                im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
                93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
                90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                91 se accord 4 door SOLD
                92 lx accord coupe SOLD
                93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
                93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
                92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

Does anybody here have a cb7 with a J as the first VIN digit?
                  Gary A.K.A. Carter
                  [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
                    Does anybody here have a cb7 with a J as the first VIN digit?
                    yes, search.

Thats pretty funny, its kind of like how Bill Gates was getting mad that all of Microsoft's workers had iPods when they were working.

Comment

Originally posted by ray ray
                      its too bad the american car and motorcycle company's cant build a better car or bike.oh wait they could but why were americans we should buy american cars just because not because its a better product,just because it's american.

so true

the ban is pretty funny haha
                      1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

LOL, Thats funny.

Comment

Ford should have to supply the employees with a vehicle if they are going to require what the employees are going to drive to work.
                          It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

a few months back Chrysler did the same thing. if you didnt drive a Daimler-Chrysler vehicle you had to park in the back of the lot, and that wasnt just at one plant, it was at all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by phreakish93
                              a few months back Chrysler did the same thing. if you didnt drive a Daimler-Chrysler vehicle you had to park in the back of the lot, and that wasnt just at one plant, it was at all of them.
                              thats cuz it wore out the service people who had to fix the empoyees' cars, put all the POS' up front so you dont have to walk as far.

But now that the "big 3"(which arent so big anymore) are realizing more losses each year, maybe they will figure out that people have options, and arent forced between 3 brands of crap anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X