http://www.treehugger.com/files/2006...headed_tra.php
    Just fucking click.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

f that ish
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

GPS tracking systems... fuck that. Thats the reason I will NEVER buy a vehicle with that "OnStar" or simmilar system installed. I dont need "Big Brother" to unlock my doors for me, shut my engine off if stolen, or track my stolen vehicle. I dont need "Big Brother" to notify the athorities if Im in an accident... I have a cellular phone, I will do it myself. If all new cars were by law equipped with that type of system, I would gut that system the day I brought it home. I remember seeing a commertial on TV about how that "OnStar" checks your vehicle for trouble codes, then emails you if there are any issues. For them to have that big of a reach into the vehicle remotely is amazing. I like to be 100% in control of the vehicle. That is the reason I drive a 5 speed. I love to be in control of HOW and WHEN it shifts. When I put the f22b dohc into my car, I will be running a chipped ECU. Why? Because I control how fuel or timing is administered. I guess that makes me a control freak. So what. FUCK big brother.
      Last edited by accord91lx; 03-30-2006, 12:09 AM.
      Seattle Silver crew #5
      Member of the Midwest Car Club.
      ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

thats shit sucks!!! i have it on my work truck, the company knows exactly where im at at all times if the wanted to know, also the limited the speed limit to 69mph, anything over that my truck will make a beeping tone and after if you dont slow down after 15 secs. then i get written up. out here in los angeles the speed limit on the freeway is 65 and im being pasted up by old ladies and big riggs. thats not cool

Originally posted by deevergote
        Yay. You're an asshole.

Comment

That's one reason I drive a '90 Honda and a '78 Ford.

Comment

It be impossible anyways.

Are they just gonna put one in every car? I dont think so. Im sure ppl would rip them out anwyays.

Comment

Yea too bad factory systems like that have been doing that for a while.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

great, not only tree huggers found a legal was to tax us out of money even more...what if we automatically get a ticket by the gps system? This blows...
                My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

i would be the first one to start a website devoted to disabling/tricking/removing those systems.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

ROFL!!!

<can see it now

cp[mike]'s how-to on gps removal

cha-ching

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

"Some states are mailing out tickets if you get to the next toll booth too quickly; they can calculate that you must have exceeded the speed limit in getting there that fast."

Yikes, i'd be in trouble. Thankfully if this BS ever goes through, it'd be about 10-20 years off for FL since we are the slow ones. If the world isnt in a nuclear winter by then... GPS tracking wouldnt be so bad (although I'll be moving somewhere that actually gives you "freedom")

Comment

Originally posted by aero
                        (although I'll be moving somewhere that actually gives you "freedom")
                        qft
                        Seattle Silver crew #5
                        Member of the Midwest Car Club.
                        ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

god damn it im fucking pissed fuck that! why is it that they must always find a way to get our money.

Comment

within 25 years, our lives will be severely restricted, i guarantee it........people will suscribe to the "we're all safer" shit, but when everyone's little skeletons come dancing out of their closets, what will they say......if i wanna pull over at wendy's and jerk off to that fiery, pig tailed goddess, then i'm gonna fucking do it whether i'm being watched or not.......

and just like always, those with money will do what they wanna do

Comment

I don't believe that we the people will ever allow the governement to control us to that extent. There will be a civil war before that happens.

GPS is like being in prison. They know where you are going at all times, and how fast you are going. They could give you tickets for speeding, as others have said, and could even implicate you in other crimes. Imagine you are at a store, and someone gets murdered there seconds later. GPS says you were there, so now you are a suspect. Maybe the real murderer got there on a bicycle.

They could also sell your GPS info to companies that are interested in where you eat, where you shop, and where you go for vacation.

I would like to think there would be an uprising, before we would allow this. Hopefully, it would be found unconstitutional.

My employer requires that I carry a cell phone with GPS software on it. I can tell you that it is not very accurate. The amount of miles it says I travel are much less than the miles actually traveled. Sometimes the address it says I'm at, is not where I'm at.

My swap thread
                              Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Working...
                              X