No announcement yet.

GSR = done already.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That really sux, hopefully the pistons didn't damage the cylinder walls.

if you think a civic intake will fit, i have a stock one at home. i'm not too sure about the fitment, and i don't know if it'll have all the connections because it's OBDI not II, but i'm sure you could try it on saturday if you wish, lemme know

Comment

damn...good luck, eric...

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

hopefully it doesnt get jacked on the side of the road where you left it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
          hopefully it doesnt get jacked on the side of the road where you left it.....
          I can see it from my house..its not going anywhere

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

oh damn then it is close, why not have someon e help push it to your house, that st is straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
              oh damn then it is close, why not have someon e help push it to your house, that st is straight.
              Im talking to the insurence company now..i dont want to touch it

Comment

this is sad

i wish you luck my friend...and as always if you need any help or support you know where to reach me
                Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

If you didnt suck up to much water you will be fine. I have a buddy that works at a dealership and they will actually take cars and dip a vaccum line in a thing of water and it cleans out all the valves.
                  Super Sonic Blue Pearl CB7 Coupe

My old frost white CB7

Comment

Originally posted by 91LXcb7
                    If you didnt suck up to much water you will be fine. I have a buddy that works at a dealership and they will actually take cars and dip a vaccum line in a thing of water and it cleans out all the valves.
                    yeah..thats what i was hoping. but i think there is other damage. it has a very loud knock. so i think i either have valve or rod damange

Comment

Man, that sucks Eric! Slap that Accord intake stuff on there and hope it works. And if you can, convince them that you have a B18C5!

Either way, even if you have to build, you'll be ready to run higher boost later on. When I thought I blew my motor last week, my first thought was "well, now I can do the work I wanted to do to the internals..."

Comment

Yeah

I dont have enough of the accords intake to put it on. and i cant get to the filter where it sits to make it a short ram (the intake is 2 peices already).

so..im basicly fucked. Its getting towed to the Acura Dealer right now, and it will need to be apraised by the insurence company. As soon as they see that CAI, they are going to laugh at me.

The only defense i have is that i bought the car like that, and they insured it like that. Also, They have to PROVE that the same thing would not have happened if everything was stock, which might be somewhat difficult

Comment

Damn that blows. This is why I went with a SR intake. The few more horse you gain with a CAI didn't seem worth the extra hassle. Plus when it rains here in the valley we get these huge deep puddles because of poor storm drainage. I would most certainly hydrolock the engine.

Hope you get a new engine with the insurance!
                          "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Dang man. I learned my lesson with my Accord when I had my cold air intake on it.

I eve had custom insurance on my car to cover all of the body work and extra parts I had on the car, and the insurance didn't cover the hydrolocked engine. Hopefully your insurance company will cover yours.

Hopefully you'll take the CAI off after you get a new motor or get this fixed.. and with the turbo the filter was in the engine bay. Intercoolers usually have many filters in them that prevent water from being sucked into the intake manifold. This is what Jose ( BustedLX ) told me when I asked about that.

Anyways, hope everything works out and get rid of that damn CAI!
                            Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                            2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                            2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                            2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
                              Hopefully your insurance company will cover yours.
                              Originally posted by rebels

Hopefully you'll take the CAI off after you get a new motor or get this fixed.. and with the turbo the filter was in the engine bay. Intercoolers usually have many filters in them that prevent water from being sucked into the intake manifold. This is what Jose ( BustedLX ) told me when I asked about that.
                              Yeah, im going to put the stock airbox on after i fix the car. I like the stock one better anyway.

Intercoolers dont suck in air...its a completely sealed unit, you could submerge it in 50 meters of water and it wouldnt do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                                Intercoolers dont suck in air...its a completely sealed unit, you could submerge it in 50 meters of water and it wouldnt do anything.
                                Yeah, thats what I thought. I questioned Jose about that 2 something years ago coz I saw his little brothers intercooler and asked why he never sucked in water (before I knew anything about motors or what not). It just cools the air.

Anyways, best of luck man.. either way something will work out for the best.
                                Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                                2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                                2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                                2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Working...
                                X