No announcement yet.

GSR = done already.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn I don't think insurance is gonna cover it so be preparred for that.

If you pull the plugs, syphon out any water in there, change the plugs, oil and filter, and then let it sit for a while you'll probably be fine. Unless the cylinders COMPLETELY filled with water you shouldn't have done any serious damage. Good luck man!

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

headgasket?
      www.myspace.com/sajunglist

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

Sucks to hear. That has got to be a sick feeling...

A bypass valve will save your butt though.

When I had a cold air, I used to keep the valve in my trunk with an 11mm socket (the odd size of the hoseclamp nuts) and a 1/4" ratchet. That way if we got a huge monsoon thunderstorm (#1 source of hydrolocking in AZ) All I had to do was grap that box.

Then I figured out that a stock airbox could easily and cheaply be modified to flow as much as the engine needs, and still be quiet...

Hopefully sitting will let it dry out, and maybe you will get lucky. Keep us posted though.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I have a CAI, and I live in the lowlands of NJ. I know the roads, and where I shouldn't be driving in the rain. If I come upon a puddle of unknown depth, the flashers go on and I roll through. Sometimes in neutral...

I also have unused vacuum bungs on my intake (not quite sure what I didn't hook up, but it works fine! ) I can always uncap one of those. I'll be sucking in engine bay air, but with a "hole in the straw" it'll be harder to suck in water.

Regardless, what can be done and what has been done are two different things. Hopefully the insurance company will be lenient! Don't give up though... it's worth the fight. You have a point about them insuring you like that. If they insured the car as-is, then they have to honor any damage brought on by the accepted modifications.

Comment

Engines don't grow back...

Sucks to hear man, hopefully it's nothing major.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
              Engines don't grow back...
              lol

But as long as nothing got bent or cracked it will be fine.

My Accord History:
              91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                I
                If they insured the car as-is, then they have to honor any damage brought on by the accepted modifications.
                check the contract; look under coverages/exclusions----if you see nothing about modifications etc there then you're basically set; they'll pay----however they may choose to non-renew so good luck

-bless
                Harm_Lane_Sound Long Island NY...

68 posts forever...we nuh rate the 69 ting

Comment

convince them you dont know anything about cars, you just thought it was a hot car, you bought it, got it inspected, figured it was all set to go, and then you were driving and bam and you dont know what happened.

you have full coverage and have been driving a used car. see if they mention modifications like badmanferg said...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                    convince them you dont know anything about cars, you just thought it was a hot car, you bought it, got it inspected, figured it was all set to go, and then you were driving and bam and you dont know what happened.

you have full coverage and have been driving a used car. see if they mention modifications like badmanferg said...

Thats what im going to do.."i dotn know anything about cars, i just bought it and drove it"

But for those wondering. i spoke with the insurence companies and they said they cover this kind of thing all the time. I was also talk to the tech at the Acura Dealer (who was REALLY nice) and he told me not to worry about it too much, since the Dealership is doing the damage inspection, they will keep their mouth closed about the intake.

im hoping for the best..

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

ok, #1 the aftermarket should make jeep style snorkles for cb's,and #2your situation sucks as if you needed to be told that,but were here for you

-sean
                      Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                      Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

change the oil 5 times, and change the plugs.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

it sucks eric, its a beautiful car... this sort of thing happens, but youre lucky you have full coverage. g/j on talking to the dealer and getting in good with them. wish you the best of luck... definately keep us updated. maybe itll work out for the best, and youll be left with a nice fresh motor!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                          Current cars:
                          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

My dad hydrolocked his bone stock (read: STOCK INTAKE. HE DROVE THROUGH A LAKE) I35 about a year ago and insurance covered that...so who knows? He had Geico BTW.

If not...I dunno man, could be a good excuse to do a mild all-motor build assuming the block is skraight. Agghhh if you were up North we could all help you out in pulling the motor and all that...oh well. Good luck with everything..."sucks" that you just got the car and you're hit with all these problems

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                              If not...I dunno man, could be a good excuse to do a mild all-motor build assuming the block is skraight. Agghhh if you were up North we could all help you out in pulling the motor and all that...oh well. Good luck with everything..."sucks" that you just got the car and you're hit with all these problems
                              Im not sure what you call up north, but he lives in Mass.

Sorry to hear it Eric. hopefully the insurance covers it, that car is beautiful.
                              -Mark-
                              CB7
                              CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                              Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Yeah, he's a good deal north of you, Yaw!

Comment

Working...
                                X