Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one else's Main Relay acting up? LOL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one else's Main Relay acting up? LOL.

yea, it finally got me today. lol. i left work around 3pm (mid-day heat) and patiently sat there for ~20 minutes trying to get it to fire up.

usually i can avoid daytime driving, mainly due to the lack of a/c factor. my school schedule keeps me busy til the sun goes down and for the most part the same for work.

ill get up in it and re-solder if it becomes a major issue.

anyone else getting temporarily stranded lately? share!

yup, me. it sucks. when i get off early from work, which early is around 3pm, the sun is still burning hot and even with my windows down it gets fucking hot inside my car. so sometimes i just have to wait forever or I just call someone to pick me up and then i come back for my car when it cools down.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

damn, that happened to me last year. i was in a bad area too. it just turned over and over. the bad thing about it was people were hanging around watching. i rolled down the windows and waited a half hour and then it started up. i changed the relay the next day. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

happened to me 2 days after i bought the beater, lol. If anyone needs one, i have a resoldered one for sale

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

they all fuck up

Comment

Mine has been acting up for many years, but not that bad. Only happens after I have been driving a lot, and turn the car off, then try to start it again right away. If I wait 3 to 5 min, it starts right up.

My swap thread
            Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

My car doesnt run at all right now, or do anything for that matter. Its super.

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8
                My car doesnt run at all right now, or do anything for that matter. Its super.
                LOL wow...umm mine hasnt yet...im dreading the day it does...o well i guess its not so bad!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
                  LOL wow...umm mine hasnt yet...im dreading the day it does...o well i guess its not so bad!
                  Im not dreading the day my car dies. good cause for a new engine if you ask me. (the new engine would be an f22b1, since I already have one. the only problem is, its currently installed in a car.)
                  -Mark-
                  CB7
                  CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                  Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

The bad thing is, I didnt break the car, and it didnt break itself.

Comment

yea it happened to me I was at blockbuster returning a movie and It wasnt firing up so I rolled the windows down and waited about 20 minutes and then it started

Comment

It got me last summer...then it got my parents cb last tuesday the day i came back from florida so off to work on the car i was luckily i had a spare one car turned with no problem after that

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
                        Frost White Member 13
                        My Ride
                        "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

It never happened to me, thank god

But i've heard several stories about it happening often.

Comment

in my old 92 civic it happened numerous times daily during the summer.

i would leave work and everyone would laugh and wave at me for sitting an extra 10-20 min everyday and having to be the last to leave.

Comment

Mine is acting up, although I bought a new relay and never installed it.

My tips to avoid the no start condition:
                              1. roll all windows down on a hot day in the morning
                              2. remove the plastic piece underneath the steering wheel along with the
                              metal bracket. This will allow heat to escape from the main relay area
                              3. prior to starting the car, turn on the blowers to move air around the feet
                              area to push any hot air out the main relay area.
                              4. Also, listen for the main relay to switch on before attempting to start.
                              If there is no sound, dont bother trying to start. Repeat this step until
                              the clicking is heard. This will also reduce embarrassment from neighbors
                              noticing your car doesn't start.
                              5. If all else fails, get a box fan and bring outside air direclty beneath the
                              steering wheel.

Note: For those living in hot climate areas, you will have lots of main relay problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X