favorite Gen Accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

favorite Gen Accord?

whats everyones fav generation accord? and why?

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
    www.maketradefair.com

third gen: 86-89
    fourth gen:90-93
    fifth gen:94-97
    sixth gen:98-02
    seventh gen:03-

www.maketradefair.com

Comment

Yeah, I'd have to say 4th. For all the reasons Fizzbob said, plus the fact that they're so old and common that a nicely kept (or nicely modded) one is really impressive in comparison to most of the CB7s on the road. They're also the lightest model that can easily accept an H22.

I do kinda like the 5th, but not as much. The newer Civics look very much like 5th gen Accords, I think.

I like the way the 6Gs look, but they seem way too big and heavy to be worth modding (for speed, anyway... looks are ok)

I'm not a big fan of the small, boxy 3Gs... They can't take an H22 easily, and a B18 is better suited to a Civic or Integra. Plus, I hate flippy headlights! :-)

The newest model Accord is too round for me. Looks like someone forgot to put an ass-end on it...

Which generation was it that had a few major body style changes? Was it 5th or 6th? I'm thinking 6th...

Comment

hmmm im mixed all around lol
        4th gen for it being the first accord you could actually mod nicely, and the swap possibility is nice

5th gen for the outside slickness when lowered and black housed headlights

6th gen interior is great, leather is nice, like the V6 option and black housed lights

7th gen interior is top notch, looks i don't like at all.

www.maketradefair.com

Comment

4th gen....h22a goes in easily, plenty of aftermarket support, less "trendy" than is the 5th gen, and plenty of room.....i like how it's more square too.....

4th gen, hands down. i love the look, its boxier than the 5th gen but not as boxy as the 3rd. the interior has plenty of features for an older car. i like the body style way more than any other car, including any accord. also the interior is laid out perfectly. swap options are good, tons of aftermarket stuff.

next, 5th gen. similar enough to the 4th gen, but the body is too bubbly and thick.

then the 6th- very slick, its more of a classy car, one that is like luxourious w/ leather and crap, something the 4th gen isnt (might have been in its time tho)

then 3rd- they are cool, but too boxy, plain, old, stinky flip headlights, not many luxury features.

7th gen needs to stop being produced.... its nasty. hope the 8th gens turn out better... cuz these suck.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Like everyone said... The Gen4 Accord for the very same reasons stated in the previous posts... I might add that the way it looks dropped from some angles (especially from the rear), it really turn heads... Not bad for a 13 year-old vehicle....

L8z-
            Jay
            "Don't meddle with things you don't understand..."

1990 Accord LX- Maroon w/Raspberry pearl. Daily driven: NOT a stay-at-home-bitch RIP 8/9/2006

Another Gen4 CB7 ryde in the works...

Ryde Syndicate... "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense..."

Comment

i think it's pretty obvious what the majority of answers will be considering this is a cb7 site. lol

Comment

i'm gonna go with the 1st gen on this one... 1977, in particular...

there's just something about that shoebox hatchback look... it sorta has that vintage 70's thing going on...

lol, no... of course... 4th gen for me as well. it's got that family car look, but yet retains some sort of sleek/sportiness... it's almost a perfect balance of the two (especially the coupe ).

the 5th gen accord is basically an overweight cb7.

Comment

Oh yeah, that reminds me... I really like the 3rd gen hatchback. I wish they continued the hatch in the later models. I wonder what a 4th gen hatch would've looked like... or a 7th (Anyone wanna photochop one?) Did they continue to make the hatch in any other countries after the 3rd gen?

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx
                    the 5th gen accord is basically an overweight cb7.
                    couldnt have made a better comment myself. good call.

Current cars:

Comment

Oh yeah, that's right... They didn't have a 3G wagon, did they? Still, it's a shame. I think the Civic hatch is the best looking Civic when it comes to exterior mods. I'm sure a later model Accord hatch would've looked pretty nice as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lithium92
                        i think it's pretty obvious what the majority of answers will be considering this is a cb7 site. lol
                        haha yeah thats what i was thinking when i read the thread title...i like 4th gen's the best just cause of the wide aftermarket product range and how cheap the car is to buy, but i think you can make a 6th gen look the best...

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

i would also say 4th gen's......but all in all i really do like the newer accords, def. the fastest accord off the assembly line, i've driven the new 2-door, def. felt faster then any other accords i've ever driven. way faster! .....what motors do the new accords have anyway?..
                          Happiness is CR-X shaped

Comment

Originally posted by Deevergote
                            (Anyone wanna photochop one?)

mmhmm

Current cars:

Comment

cpmike, something is wrong w/ your image hosting or something... that picture didn't show up, and niether does your sig.

Comment

Working...
                              X