240sx vs Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

240sx vs Accord

This is not a racing thread or anything, and I didn't think it should be in Other Automotive, but for the past 2 weeks, I've been debating, should I:

A) Keep the '92 Accord AND
    -have a jdm f22b
    -Delta 272s
    -t3/t4 turbo
    -OBX LSD
    -Do suspension(cup kit)
    -Do 3in exhaust

OR

B)Buy a s13 240sx
    -Rebuild ka24(DOHC) motor (Forged pistons/Rods), new seals/gaskets
    -t3/t4 turbo
    -Crower Turbo Cams
    -Suspension
    -KAAZ LSD
    -Exhaust
    -Oil pumps/fuel pumps/injectors
    -Maybe some more head/intake manifold work

I'm leaning toward the 240sx, and have been researching them on the Nico forum, I kinda have a rwd itch, along with needing a bit of a change. The 240sx would remain "sleeper style". If I got the 240sx, I'd keep the honda, leave it as is, maybe build a custom front torque strap, do some maintenence, and leave it as the families back up car.

Just curious on the input. If I do go the 240sx route, there will be a lot of parts up for sale. lol
    Build Accord up
    15.38%
    Buy 240sx/Build up(keep accord)
    53.85%
    you need a better car than those
    30.77%
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

It'd be cheaper to swap an SR20 into the S13.....that's what I'd do. Or, keep the accord and get a project silvia for cheap, eventually swapping in an RB26. That'd be crazy.
    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Why not take on something new? If you're not planning on getting rid of the Accord, some diversity is never a bad thing, ya know?

Comment

240sx FTW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
          It'd be cheaper to swap an SR20 into the S13.....that's what I'd do. Or, keep the accord and get a project silvia for cheap, eventually swapping in an RB26. That'd be crazy.
          sr20s are like h22s. Forget that. ka24-2.4L, mad torque. and it would cost about the same and I'd have a hell alot more power outta the ka24. rb26-awd no thanks too much work. rb20, kinda common. rb25-that would be sick but not what im looking for
          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

the 240 would be sweet

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Get a newer car.

Id go with a 6th gen Accord. IMO roomy plus it can double as a sleeper.

I've been won over by the 6th gen, ALOT which is the reasoning behind my thread on the pic request of Luis' friends' car : Pic Request

Sedan body with coupe sheetmetal up front? Can't go wrong with that.

I'd go the CB7 route again but I since I sat in Wayne's brothers car

(Which can be found here: 90 Accord DX ) it's doesn't feel the same anymore, just a bit more cramped (being tall has it advantages but then again it sucks...).

Which is why I'm opting for a 6th Gen sedan, for the next Accord I'd pick up.

The 4th gen Accord I had was blast to drive and I learned all my stuff on that car, first motor swap, lots of rare JDM parts and best of all a great community, which is why even though I own a Ford (Im sure Deev will make some sort form of insult ) I still lurk these boards.

But in reality a 14 year car will loose its value over time, now if it was a rare peice like many late model muscle cars, it would be a different story.

And as for the S13 Silvia, it's becoming a sore sight for eyes. Everyone wants to drift, everyone just wants to be just like him or her.

Hell I've already seen a RHD S13 here in Nashua already, don't know it was an actual car imported over here but if I had to guess, it was just a front clip welded on there.

Besides that Im not much of a two seater type of guy, but in nutshell thats just me

Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

240sx, do it!

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

^^^ i like that 6th gen.

rob, by a 6th gen!!!
                  1993 Honda Accord LX
                  2006 Yamaha R6
                  2004 Acura TSX

Comment

If you have that rwd itch get the 240 as long as you keep the cb. The ka24 turbo is nice as long as its tuned well and such. I got me a rwd car just because of that and still got the accord =D. You wont regret it. RWD can have a lot more fun especially with a turbo =P.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I'm a boost addict, so the 6th gen wouldn't work out. To afford it I'd have to sell my accord, where as the 240sx would be a gradual project. Granted they are very nice cars, if I was to get a newer accord it would be a 96 accord coupe. It's gonna take me a couple months to source the funds to buy the 240sx, then over summer work my ass off and I should be near completing it.

Nail05-out of curiousity, what rwd car do you have?

I skipped class today and just sat on teh nico forums, those dang ka24 are built pretty strong, forged rods/pistons stock apparently.
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Working...
                      X