Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Punk Rock.

Any listeners?

looking for some good music to download.

Already hit up a bunch of sublime. any thing else worth dl'ing?

Thanks!
    -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
    newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
    newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
    newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

www.myspace.com/theparkway

Other than that...

Jawbreaker, The Lawrence Arms, The Flatliners, Hot Water Music, Against Me!, Rise Against, The Loved Ones, Lifetime, Kid Dynamite, None More Black, The Descendents, The Bouncing Souls, the Get Up Kids

I could list about 2 dozen more from the CDs in my cars alone...

Comment

Kinda punk, but KottonMouth Kings.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

I like the older more hardcore ones like Social D, Bad Religion etc.

Of course, as of late, I have tempered my enjoyment of them due to the fact that they are blatantly and ridiculously biased politically. They always have been, and I have nothing against rocking against the system. But they really aren't rocking against the system. They are rocking against HALF the system.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

daddy yankee

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Not really "punk" rock, but I definitely like A perfect Circles stuff
            wat?

Comment

punk is dead.

sublime? did you mean to ask for ska? here is a bunch of geat "punk" bands. if you like sublime i would definitely check out left alone.

the riffs, river city rebels, the jags, the briefs, the briggs, the heart attacks(definition of "punk rock"), the havoc, THE UNSEEN, exploited, exploding hearts, iggy, the cramps, mdc, mc5, d generation, ny dolls, johny thunders, the joneses, left alone, lower class brats, tiger army, murder city devils, nekromatix, no trigger, suicide machines, one 21, cant forget op ivy! the street dogs, streetlight manifesto(not really punk but some good ska) tsunami bomb, 12 step rebels. us bombs, vice squad. thats all i can think of right now.

^^^^ me trying to kill myself after i saw the gas prices.

MY H22 COUPE ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=75025

Comment

x2 on the unseen lol i seen them at warped tour a while back when i was into going to concerts all the time but now my punk music days have kinda slowed down lol

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
                New people click here

Comment

Originally posted by kelton
                  x2 on the unseen lol i seen them at warped tour a while back when i was into going to concerts all the time but now my punk music days have kinda slowed down lol

ya i hear ya! i used to go to a least two shows a week. but now i got a bunch of bills to pay. if you havent heard their new cd i recommend getting it! its so amazing and its really well recorded so the quality is very good unlike some of their older stuff. thats what kinda sucks about punk music. they dont have huge labels backing them up so they have limitations to recording equip.

^^^^ me trying to kill myself after i saw the gas prices.

MY H22 COUPE ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=75025

Comment

LOL.

The Descendents, NoFx, Against All Authority, Jawbreaker, Millencolin, Gas Huffer, The Distillers, VGS, Pennywise, OP IVY, Dwarves, and on and on we go.

Comment

Originally posted by ignatsh22
                      punk is dead.

sublime? did you mean to ask for ska? here is a bunch of geat "punk" bands. if you like sublime i would definitely check out left alone.

the riffs, river city rebels, the jags, the briefs, the briggs, the heart attacks(definition of "punk rock"), the havoc, THE UNSEEN, exploited, exploding hearts, iggy, the cramps, mdc, mc5, d generation, ny dolls, johny thunders, the joneses, left alone, lower class brats, tiger army, murder city devils, nekromatix, no trigger, suicide machines, one 21, cant forget op ivy! the street dogs, streetlight manifesto(not really punk but some good ska) tsunami bomb, 12 step rebels. us bombs, vice squad. thats all i can think of right now.
                      Actually, Sublime is more reggae than anything else. Brad Nowell was one hell of a reggae musician.

I have to agree with Streetlight Manifesto. I just listened to them today 3rd wave ska is pretty much punk with horns. That being said, Less Than Jake is amazing... well, their older stuff. Even THEY are embarrassed by the newer record!

And punk is not dead. It just grew up Rather than being dirty, obnoxious, uneducated idiots, the real punks now all seem to have college degrees. Dexter from the Offspring has a Masters in Molecular Biology, and was a candidate for a PhD before he decided to pass on that and concentrate on the band (good move on his part!). Milo Aukerman from the Descendents has a PhD in biochemistry. Joe Escalante of the Vandals (and founder of Kung Fu Records) is an entertainment lawyer. Even my own band is comprised of 3 college graduates (well, my drummer will be done this spring).

Comment

Black Flag, Rancid, Gallows (post-Hardcore punk, but with an old school vibe), Dead Kennedys, old school Green Day, Misfits...ect.. i'll think of some more later
                        My Ride r.i.p.

My new ride

Comment

older bad religion and millencolin.

Mike, you know that flatliners?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                            I like the older more hardcore ones like Social D, Bad Religion etc.

Of course, as of late, I have tempered my enjoyment of them due to the fact that they are blatantly and ridiculously biased politically. They always have been, and I have nothing against rocking against the system. But they really aren't rocking against the system. They are rocking against HALF the system.
                            I guess everyones gotta grow up sometime

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                              older bad religion and millencolin.

Mike, you know that flatliners?
                              Me? Not sure... i think I've heard them, but I'm not too familiar with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X