This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Tip For You!

In light of recent "Pizza Delivery" threads, i thought id hash out some of my own questions about it.

We ordered some stuff from Domino's tonight, and the total was like $10.xx. Its our last $10 cash(get paid tomorrow) and we had to dig for the $.xx. Well, the delivery guy gets there and as we pay, he says "feel free to tip me next time." Then proceeds to rev and lay one the horn all the way down the street.

Now this is the second time that same driver has done that. Regardless of the time of day or size of the order, this and the previous time we had exact change. I know its a shitty thing to do and i know school/gas/etc isnt cheap, but dont drivers get paid hourly + a per delivery amount + gas reimbursment...

We called last time to complain and not only has this guy not been fired/re-routed, evidentally he hasnt even been repremanded[sp?] about doing it.

And they dont offer us a coupon or anything. the manager just says, "he'll be spoken to about the offense when he returns."

Are we in the wrong, or is he?

i know you delivery/ex-delivery guys are probably gonna flame, but i mean, does he really need to be that big of a dick about it?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

you gotta be kidding me..........

WHy didnt you go out and pick the food up yourself?

If the manager was like mine, he wouldnt care, and would actually tell me to go there last and shit like that. Are you seriously that stupid? YOU ORDER FOOD WITHOUT MONEY. why order at all?

Yes he can do that shit. Hourly isnt minimum wage most likley, even then WTF. And it depends on that pizza place if he gets money for taking on a delivery, same thing for gas.

What are you a dipshit or something? Why are you ordering food if you dont have money?

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
      you gotta be kidding me..........

WHy didnt you go out and pick the food up yourself?

If the manager was like mine, he wouldnt care, and would actually tell me to go there last and shit like that. Are you seriously that stupid? YOU ORDER FOOD WITHOUT MONEY. why order at all?

Yes he can do that shit. Hourly isnt minimum wage most likley, even then WTF. And it depends on that pizza place if he gets money for taking on a delivery, same thing for gas.

What are you a dipshit or something? Why are you ordering food if you dont have money?
      except he wasnt ordering food without money. if that pizza delivery didnt want to deliver, he shouldnt be working as a delivery boy now should he?

people deserve and earn tip, they dont just make it.

if he dont like it, maybe he can build a bridge so he can get over it.
      duh, now apoligize to the OP for calling him a dipshit.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Well, there's one down, 1000 to go

I didnt order without money. We order almost the same thing everytime so we know how much its gonna cost.

Thats where i feel like an ass. Even if its like $10, i still feel bad not giving a tip. But i have a feeling this douche bag would act the part even if we gave him a $2 or $3 dollar tip.

Thats what im talking about. He acts like we're calling his house, interrupting his dinner and making him walk the shit to our door. Im not gonna flip the dude a 5-spot for racing me some breadsticks or whatever. He chose the job, he chose to deliver and he knows one of the hazards of the job is no tip.

Getting beyond me being a shitty, non-tipper, its a "hazard" of the job. He's getting paid either way, whether i call and order or not. Yeah, it sucks, but it IMO it doesnt justify being a dickhead.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Drivers dont see a dime of the delivery fee. Its just another way for the companies to get that little bit extra in their own pockets. I was delivering for Papa Johns when they finally started their delivery fee. It blew, because everyone thought (still thinks) its a forced tip.

Hourly usually IS minimum or just barely over it for drivers, since delivery is different than table waiting.

And yes, as a former delivery driver, on behalf of that guy, fuck you, tightass. Youre only earning yourself a bad reputation at that place, so dont expect good service anymore.

Someone called to complain about one of our drivers doing the same thing and when the manager heard "no tip" she had no sympathy for the customer. Delivery is a service. Unless the driver fucks something up, you tip, because without him or her, you wouldnt get your food delivered to your door.
          Last edited by texasvtak; 02-04-2008, 03:27 AM.
          To-Do List for Today
          Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by wafflefries
            Drivers dont see a dime of the delivery fee. Its just another way for the companies to get that little bit extra in their own pockets. I was delivering for Papa Johns when they finally started their delivery fee. It blew, because everyone thought (still thinks) its a forced tip.

Hourly usually IS minimum or just barely over it for drivers, since delivery is different than table waiting.

And yes, as a former delivery driver, on behalf of that guy, fuck you, tightass. Youre only earning yourself a bad reputation at that place, so dont expect good service anymore.
            ive started building your bridge.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Thats 2....

I didnt intentionally just stand up and say "hey! lets order some food and not tip the guy!"

Yeah, i probably shouldve ordered unless i planned on tipping him, but im sure the the company considers me to be a better asset than him.

He's replacable.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
                He's replacable.
                To a company like Dominos, so are you.
                To-Do List for Today
                Be Awesome

Comment

haha so wheres the dood with the bridge siggy?! hehe well if u buuild if high enough u can always juse end it all. JUMMP!

8 Accords so far:
                  '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                  '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                  (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

lol who care's if you dont give him a couple dollar tip, his job is to deliver pizza's, he gets paid to deliver pizza's, he gets his gas paid for, and he earns his hourly wage. not like delivering pizza's is super hard demanding job. you guys need to take it easy on thinking you deserve free money for doing your job.
                    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

I understand he doesnt make alot of money. I also understand what a shitty thing it is to do, but does him missing out on a $2 tip justify him being a dick? i can understand taking his time with the food or maybe spurting some smart remark, but revving his engine and laying on the horn all the way down the street is a little excessive.

I wonder if he realizes how immature he sounds..

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185
                        lol who care's if you dont give him a couple dollar tip, his job is to deliver pizza's, he gets paid to deliver pizza's, he gets his gas paid for, and he earns his hourly wage. not like delivering pizza's is super hard demanding job. you guys need to take it easy on thinking you deserve free money for doing your job.
                        Its not free money. Figuring for todays gas prices, which are about a dollar a gallon more than they were when I delivered, all those delivery miles dont leave much of that good ol minimum wage left for saving or spending. Without delivery drivers, youd have to drive your ass to the store to get your pizza.
                        To-Do List for Today
                        Be Awesome

Comment

Without the delivery option, he'd be out of a job.

Then he'd get all butthurt when i called back and said he screwed up my pizza

Comment

Originally posted by wafflefries
                            Its not free money. Figuring for todays gas prices, which are about a dollar a gallon more than they were when I delivered, all those delivery miles dont leave much of that good ol minimum wage left for saving or spending. Without delivery drivers, youd have to drive your ass to the store to get your pizza.
                            domino's pays there drivers gas money. therefore they dont have to dish into there hourly wage to pay for gas while they work. the pizza place hires drivers to deliver. its not like they sit around and say "oh great, another delivery.." its there job! thats like saying taxi drivers lose money if they dont get tips....
                            Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                            Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                            Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                            Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                            Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                            Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

When in actuality, the drivers almost always have nothing to with how the pizza is made.
                              To-Do List for Today
                              Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X