Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would ASSUME a delivery fee would be to cover the costs of gas and everything for the driver. If the company takes the fee and gives none to the driver, that's bullshit. He/she should get most of it if the store feels they need to have some. If you're getting charged a $2.50 fee, then I can see giving no tip IF the money is going to the driver. Call the store and ask to talk with the manager, ask where the money is going to.

Also, the min. wage in food is a lot lower than everywhere else. Plus, people say to tip waiters/waitresses 15% of the total. Yet when people drive and bring you your food to your door, people don't want to pay anything? :S

And another thing (all this is to people in general) don't remind me how happy you are not having to drive tonight because of the snow storm and icy roads, then give me $2 on a $45 order. If I'm late, it's not because the store is slow or I'm slow, it's because it's insanely busy, shitty roads, and/or I had 5 other orders to do before you, across town, and busted my ass and my car to get it here.

The only reason I do it is because it's a job I can keep while in college. School during the week and work on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.
    Last edited by Dinner_Time; 02-04-2008, 06:51 PM.

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

The delivery fee is mostly for the company. The driver only sees like 50 cents of that delivery fee.
      btw: Why does this thread get like three pages of posts in a day and someone trying to figure out why their car wont start gets like one page in a month...

Comment

Boy....

I usually, always give a tip. These last 2 times, it was late and we just happened to have exact change.

And not that anyone knew, but my car hasnt beeing running for almost a month. Ive been relying on family for rides..

I recognized him this time and even if i had a tip, i wouldnt have given it to him. One time i dont tip and he acts like a fucking crybaby.

We called the pizza place again and asked what his deal was and the manager said that the drivers dont get gas reimbursment, but they get paid $8.75/hr + $.45/delivery. Thats enough that he can get over me not tipping him a few bucks.

Even if i had enough to tip him, whats to say my tip wouldnt be enough? I couldve given him $14 for a $10.xx order and he still wouldve acted like a dick.

He chose the employer. he chose to be a delivery guy. His loss. Thats like a Fireman taking his time getting to calls cuz ppl arent thanking him for putting out their fires. You chose the job. You know the ups and downs. Deal with it.

And as i said before i wasnt scrounging couch cushions for a few extra pennies. We ordered the same thing last time and knew it was gonna be $10.xx. We had the 10, and only change. I really doubt he wouldve been happy with the extra 11cents i found behind my couch....

And when i do tip, im not gonna give someone a 25% tip cuz they saved me the hassle of having to go get it myself. Even at 15%, he wouldnt have gotten $2. So he saved me from using gas in my car, sucks to him. Thats why its called the "Service" industry. He should be so lucky. He gets to sit on his ass until an order is called in, then he gets to drive his own car and listen to this music, meanwhile, getting paid $9+/hr. He could be working at McDonalds....

I dont want everyone to think i intentionally skipped out on the tip or that im a cheap ass. It just happened to be a bad circumstance, and i though he handled it rather childish. The only problem is, the next time we order, he's either gonna take his time, spit in our food, or find some way to make my experience unenjoyable.

He's only making it worse. By acting like a douche, now everytime he delivers our shit, im not gonna tip him. Its a vicious cycle that he's only made worse. To be honest, had he not acted like a dickhead the first 2 time, the next he delivered i probably wouldve thrown him a 5spot for his troubles.

:EDIT: One of our neighbors said they had the same guy do the same thing. They had like a $22 order and gave him $3 and he still acted like a jerk off.

I agree he deserves a tip. id be pissed too if someone didnt tip me. But you cant say "Well, maybe alot of ppl in your neighborhood/route dont tip.." Well, if thats the case then he either needs to ask for a different route or find another job. Im not gonna ask him, "How're the tips tonight?" "Shitty.." "Oh ok, here, i'll make up for it by giving you a 100% tip" .....I dont think so.

Im sorry i didnt tip him. 2 out of the 50 times ive ordered i didnt tip. What a crybaby.
        Last edited by MikeW; 02-04-2008, 07:05 PM.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Half of you guys arnt reading or forgetting his first post. He gave EXACT change. not once, but TWICE, in a row. Are you fucking serious. Do you go into a restaurant with a $10 and order a $9.99 or $8.99 item? if you do, you a shit bag. If you cant afford to tip then you should be in the grocery store buying your food. Seriously, like what in the world are you thinking.

You complain about gas prices, imagine him. Yeah like you think they actually pay the exact price he wastes. . Plus all the wear n tear on his car. The risk he takes to get it to your house. Tickets, accidents, etc... Most of the time the pizza gets there late isn't even because of the drivers fault.

If you dont feel like paying Domino's delivery charge that does not go to the driver, then pay for it in gas to go pick it up, seriously. Its a scam domino runs, dont just pass it on to someone else just bc u feel like eating pizza without even leaving your house. You wanna have the luxury of that you pay for it.

I could go on and on.......I seriously hope he shits in ur food next time.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

looks like your losing in this "vicious cycle" YOU created. Your the one that gonna be eating cold and/or spitted, shitted fucked with food, not him.

Ohh gezz, im gonna suck your cock for a $5 spot on 3 orders. seriously, if you handed me 11 cents in change, i would throw it back at you.

On time a delivered to a pretty nice house with 2 new benz's in the driveway. He game me a 75 cent tip. You wanna know what i did? I handed back his fucking change and said" you know what, its obvious you need this 75 cents more then me, so go ahead and keep it". scumbag.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

Comment

The driver did handle it like a douche bag, he's lucky to be making that much. I wouldn't tip him next time, even though I should know better hahaha.

On my end though, been driving almost 4 years, getting $7/hour (same as when I started) and I sure as hell don't sit on my ass, when I'm not delivering I'm doing what everyone else is doing... answering phones, taking orders, making orders, cleaning, doing the dishes, food prep, sweeping and mopping the floor at the end of the night. I really need to ask for a raise lol.

Oh, and the only break I get during the night is when I'm in my car, but that's not really a break since I'm still driving, having to pay attention to the roads and where people live, and keep a look out for the police (aka watch my speed and driving).

Then again, from stories I've heard from other people it seems I'm the only driver who actually does all the other work when not driving, and get way too underpaid haha. This is just my experience though *shrug*

I told my manager we should set-up a TV and have "Waiting" playing on it all night lol. She just saw it the other night and loved it. We don't mess with people's food, as much as we want to, since most jackasses are the regulars. Lots of older people come in thinking they're hot shit for yelling at the 17 year old girl behind the counter because THEY showed up 10 minutes early and their shit wasn't ready.
              Last edited by Dinner_Time; 02-04-2008, 07:26 PM.

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner_Time
                The driver did handle it like a douche bag, he's lucky to be making that much. I wouldn't tip him next time, even though I should know better hahaha.

On my end though, been driving almost 4 years, getting $7/hour (same as when I started)and I sure as hell don't sit on my ass, when I'm not delivering I'm doing what everyone else is doing... answering phones, taking orders, making orders, cleaning, doing the dishes, food prep, sweeping and mopping the floor at the end of the night. I really need to ask for a raise lol.

Oh, and the only break I get during the night is when I'm in my car, but that's not really a break since I'm still driving, having to pay attention to the roads and where people live, and keep a look out for the police (aka watch my speed and driving).

Then again, from stories I've heard from other people it seems I'm the only driver who actually does all the other work when not driving, and get way too underpaid haha. This is just my experience though *shrug*
                i was like that too. I almost never sat on my ass, unless everything else was done.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                  On time a delivered to a pretty nice house with 2 new benz's in the driveway. He game me a 75 cent tip. You wanna know what i did? I handed back his fucking change and said" you know what, its obvious you need this 75 cents more then me, so go ahead and keep it". scumbag.
                  That's the way!

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                  1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                  2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                  2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                  2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                  2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

i was like that too. I almost never sat on my ass, unless everything else was done.
                    That's good to here. I was trained in store first, then started driving after I knew everything.

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

only people i tip is waiters or waitresses, because i keep them on there toes, and i drink a lot of water
                      Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                      Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                      Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                      Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                      Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                      Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185
                        only people i tip is waiters or waitresses, because i keep them on there toes, and i drink a lot of water

So if you get your food delivered to your door you won't tip?

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

depends, but i have never ordered food to my door in my life, so i cant say
                          Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                          Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                          Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                          Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                          Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                          Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185
                            depends, but i have never ordered food to my door in my life, so i cant say
                            Well, you didn't say that :P lol.

(unless you did and I just missed it haha)

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

you shoulda tipped him..but he sounds like a dick..screw him...

Comment

looks like your losing in this "vicious cycle" YOU created. Your the one that gonna be eating cold and/or spitted, shitted fucked with food, not him.

Ohh gezz, im gonna suck your cock for a $5 spot on 3 orders. seriously, if you handed me 11 cents in change, i would throw it back at you.

You're an awful delivery driver....and if I were your manager, I'd fire you in a heartbeat.

If you threw change at me, I'd take the pizza box and strike you across your forehead.
                                14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Working...
                                X