h22sparkle and his SRT-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F22HB
    I wish they made stage "x" bolt on kits like they do for srt4's for us. Thats usualy why people flame him. We just have to do alot more work researching and stuff. When somebody can get twice the numbers for a quarter of the work but twice the cash it makes people jealous/upset.
    He paid his dues with his car though. Nitrous F22, H22 swap, turbo H22 (unbuilt, then built), turbo F22. Some will argue about his abilities, but whatever... He's spent more time wrenching on his car than many.

In a way, he's right. Even though the SRT-4 is a Neon, and they're not known to be great cars, it's still a newer car. Covered by the factory warranty. With dealer-installed upgrades that are also covered by the factory warranty. Jealous? Sure. The Honda Factory Performance parts for the newer cars aren't nearly as potent, even if you compare their effectiveness to the more "Honda oriented" goals, such as handling... Those things aren't even an option for our cars!

Still, we have the H22. A 30-95hp gain (going by the various ranges of F22s and H22s... 125-140 and 190-220) for a price that is about equal to the Mopar upgrades. We have the DSM turbo setup... perhaps a bit unreliable, but it's a good "stage 1" setup for us... for under $1000. We have VERY inexpensive cars and parts.

We're tuning cars that weren't meant for tuning. He's tuning a factory tuner car. Whatever. They're all cars.

John, I do agree about the MR thread. Sparkle, if you read this, I suggest that you do that. Those that are interested will look to that thread for updates.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
      when i get banned, i go back to the machine shop and hide in the corner and cry myself to sleep. i then wake up in the morning, walk across the street for a cup of coffee and start machining things. i machine things that represent a cb7 until my ban is up.

i run back home (3 miles) and log on to cb7tuner and see what posts i have missed.
      I masturbate and tell myself stories.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
        when i get banned, i go back to the machine shop and hide in the corner and cry myself to sleep. i then wake up in the morning, walk across the street for a cup of coffee and start machining things. i machine things that represent a cb7 until my ban is up.

i run back home (3 miles) and log on to cb7tuner and see what posts i have missed.
        I do recall a very angry "I'm never coming back" email the last time you were banned Shall I dig it up?

I also remember you saying you'd never pay to visit here... yet you were among the first to donate when that became an option.

Face it. You love us.

Comment

I haven't had many run ins with sparkle over the time I have been on this board. Any encounters I had were before the SRT4. I have owned an Accord, not a CB7 but a CD5, honestly I want another one as a DD. I don't frequent this board as much as I did when I had it because most of my time is spent on StarQuest club. I have begun posting again recently so I could keep in touch with a few guys on here, mainly Cisco(HondaFan81) and anyone else I met at the Nashville meet a few years ago. This is like my second home as far as internet forums go. Most of the people here are great guys/gals. I love my Starion and would never sell it, but I'm not against expanding my keychain to add a Honda key to it once more....
          1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
          4.0L I-6 2WD
          293k miles, still running strong.
          Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            it's best to masturbate after working on your car because your dick changes colors and the rgease off your hands provide an awesome lubricant!

Originally posted by deevergote
            I do recall a very angry "I'm never coming back" email the last time you were banned Shall I dig it up?

I also remember you saying you'd never pay to visit here... yet you were among the first to donate when that became an option.

Face it. You love us.

if you dig it up, ill never come back for good! AND i want my donation back!
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by CoPilot1
              I haven't had many run ins with sparkle over the time I have been on this board. Any encounters I had were before the SRT4. I have owned an Accord, not a CB7 but a CD5, honestly I want another one as a DD. I don't frequent this board as much as I did when I had it because most of my time is spent on StarQuest club. I have begun posting again recently so I could keep in touch with a few guys on here, mainly Cisco(HondaFan81) and anyone else I met at the Nashville meet a few years ago. This is like my second home as far as internet forums go. Most of the people here are great guys/gals. I love my Starion and would never sell it, but I'm not against expanding my keychain to add a Honda key to it once more....
              If you EVER sell that Starion... sell it to me!

But yeah, this forum is great. Mainly due to the respect people show each other. When you respect everyone, whether or not they know a lot... or even have a CB7 to work on... the community grows. This forum was founded on respect, and a desire to learn and share information. I continue to do things in that manner, and when necessary, I will put up a fight when I feel things are getting out of hand (like this thread).

Comment

Me 2 lol.
                Also I have never actually posted anything for or against the man,
                so I promise I wont!

Comment

you too?! LOL>

sorry.
                  The beginning of a new era............................
                  165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                  184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Sure are alot of meat beaters on this site lolZ

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                      If you EVER sell that Starion... sell it to me!
                      I'm sure I can find you one in your budget man, lemme know. oh and BTW it's always for sale. I'll let you have it right now for $6500..but only you!!
                      LOL!! jk, thats a ridiculous price and id never sell it....no really...never
                      4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

Originally posted by CoPilot1
                        I'm sure I can find you one in your budget man, lemme know. oh and BTW it's always for sale. I'll let you have it right now for $6500..but only you!!
                        LOL!! jk, thats a ridiculous price and id never sell it....no really...never
                        That's the only problem. They're either cheap-ish and beat to hell, or crazy expensive (and paying that much for an old car without the income to justify it is silly)

When I get myself in a good financial position, I will have 3 cars. A GT-R (R32, R33, R34... doesn't matter), a Starion, and my CB7.

I expect my wife will have a Miata or a Sky, and... I dunno... something she likes for herself, perhaps. Maybe a minivan.

Comment

there ya go deev, $2500 http://www.starquestclub.com/forums/...ic.php?t=71541

good things:
                          1) paint appears to be in good shape
                          2) already has ARP head studs and a nonJV head.
                          3) airdam is good
                          4) taillights aren't cracked(common problem)
                          5) spare parts(good with ANY car)

DO IT!! DO IT NOW! lol
                          Last edited by CoPilot1; 02-26-2008, 02:27 AM.
                          4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

I never had any issues with Sparkles, he was a diehard Honda CB guy. IIRC he made a post a long time ago saying he will never part with his CB. He later got an SRT-4 which took me off guard. Congrats to him and his car.

Its actually quite entertaining to see him gloat about it though, all the other members would get all upset about it. One of the reason I don't really show my cars since it'll seem like showing off. But I did want to run Sparkes when I had my FD before it was sold around the twisties. That'll show him

Comment

Ive never been banned, so i dunno what id do. Id probably cry AND masturbate at the same time

And no Deev, i dont wanna find out what its like to be banned

Personally, in some sick way, i love watching ppl e-fight. Ive said it before and i'll say it again, fighting on the internet is like racing in the Special Olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded.

I remember back when i joined, Sparkle still had his CB. But i do recall Justin and somebody else making fun cuz they spent like 2 or 3 or 4 hours on the phone explaining some easy install or something...

Ill respect your wishes, but IMO, the damage is sorta done. He shouldnt have came in here gloating and telling us all to fuck off and get SRT-4's. But on the flip-side, i think alot of his anger and "fuck-offs" were slef-defense. Unless i missed it, i dont thin khe ever intentially posted a "ive got an SRT-4 now, screw you CB7 guys" thread.

I dont see why ppl fight. I think owequitit is the only member on this board who should be allowed to argue. When it comes to discussions, debates and informative arguments, Scott owns YOU ALL!!!

Well, you can argue too Deev, but your Admin. That any Mod, but i digress.

Ive had no personal beef with sparkle, and ill do my best to steer clear and inform proper ppl if and when anything goes down.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                              Originally posted by Jarrett
                              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

:EDIT:

Just saw his sig.....I'll keep it zipped. But in light of recent events, he should know better.

He waits until after the safety shield goes up to post a picture of his car in his sig.

Its cool. Im civil.

If i ever get a "better" car than my accord, ill still be here and i wont want anyone flaming me, so...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                                Originally posted by Jarrett
                                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                                X