The Ford Taurus SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ford Taurus SE

Anyone have one .. drive one .. know anything about um?
    I know the SHO well, but I can't seem to find a good forum for the Taurus SE.

I'm looking at the 02-05 models, and something's funny .. on some cars the auto stick
    is on the column .. and on others, it's on the floor .. (wish this came in a 5 speed)
    The v6 SE seems like a real affordable package. I don't like the leather package (SES?)

There's an FBI friend of mine that has the SES trim .. That thing is nasssty fast.
    It's a v8 as well, (I think) but it's that smoke gray, with low profile tires, and it even
    appears to be lowered .. has a really cool *foot-print* if you will. And the interior is loaded!

Got me to thinking ..

Anyone know anything about the differenses with the trim models?
    I believe the SE would be the version I'd like. I dont want leather, and the v8 is really not important.

Thanks
    Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post

There's an FBI friend of mine that has the SES trim .. That thing is nasssty fast.
    It's a v8 as well, (I think) but it's that smoke gray, with low profile tires, and it even
    appears to be lowered .. has a really cool *foot-print* if you will. And the interior is loaded!
    Tomi

I've never seen a V8 Taurus from the factory and it sounds like your FBI buddy has an SHO Taurus, those are nice and came manual too.
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
      I've never seen a V8 Taurus from the factory and it sounds like your FBI buddy has an SHO Taurus, those are nice and came manual too.
      Hmm, no .. wasn't a SHO .. that's for sure.
      I coulda sworn I saw a v8 SE on eBay .. My bud's SE .. or SES, SEL? I dunno what it was,
      but was for sure an SE something, had some giddy-up .. I'll have to ask um when I see um again ..

This thing is sweet and clean for an 04 ..
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...1%7C240%3A1308
      I really like that ext./int. color combo ..

Thanks for chiming in so fast too ..

A Hui Hou !!!
      Tomi

Comment

I had a funny comment about the Taurus forum being full of old ladies and soccer moms, but then I thought about the market demographic for Accords and decided to leave it alone! lol Hang in there, it took me almost a year until I found this site. I'd given up on it. All the other ones were full of asshats.

Are you aware the name in your sig is spelled differently than your SN? You're missing an "A".

Comment

No not a Taurus please.
          wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
            No not a Taurus please.
            my mom has a 03 wagon. its not bad, but the blind spots in that car are really bad.

Comment

I don't mind Taurus's, especially the newer ones.
              But, if I had to get a Ford sedan... I'd get a 98+ Crown Vic P71.

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
                Anyone have one .. drive one .. know anything about um?
                I know the SHO well, but I can't seem to find a good forum for the Taurus SE.

I'm looking at the 02-05 models, and something's funny .. on some cars the auto stick
                is on the column .. and on others, it's on the floor .. (wish this came in a 5 speed)
                The v6 SE seems like a real affordable package. I don't like the leather package (SES?)

Got me to thinking ..

Anyone know anything about the differenses with the trim models?
                I believe the SE would be the version I'd like. I dont want leather, and the v8 is really not important.

Thanks
                Tomi
                The SE had a 151HP pushrod 3.0 Vulcan V6 if I remember correctly. The SES had a 200HP Duratec V6, which while a decent engine wasn't really all that powerful, and they really weren't fast compared to the available competition.

The interiors in them were mostly alright, although they were kind of cheap in some respects too.

The Taurus is notorious for tranny issues, and personally, I wouldn't expect a lot more than 100K without issues. We had a friend that used to own the bug eyed one (almost identical car as the one you posted, just a different body) and they didn't have it for very long, but IMO it wasn't up to the standard of the Camry or the Accord of the day.

Not bad cars and they drive OK, although they are completely sterile and really take the passion out of EVERYTHING. This is a mechanical appliance through and through. They do ride pretty nice though.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post

Are you aware the name in your sig is spelled differently than your SN? You're missing an "A".
                  LMAO! Nooo .. I wasn't aware of that .. UG!
                  Hmm .. too lazy to do much of anything about it right now tho ..

But thanks for pointing that out ..

Tomi

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post

The Taurus is notorious for tranny issues,
                    Thanks One !!! Yeah, been reading about those trany issues myself ..

I signed up on some ford forum, but haven't had much response ..
                    seems it's a lil slooowww over there .. lol

I had one guy tell me that he put close to 200k on one, with hardly any issues at all.
                    I guess there are some good ones, and some bad ones ..

Hope I make the right choice with mine ..
                    But that link I have WILL be the color combo I end up with.

Thanks Again !!!
                    Tomi

Comment

Tomi what is up bro?

How have you been?

I have not heard great things with the Ford Taruses but you never know.

No cb?

I still don't have my DSLR yet, but im working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                        Tomi what is up bro?

How have you been?

I have not heard great things with the Ford Taruses but you never know.

No cb?

I still don't have my DSLR yet, but im working on it.
                        Haha Ralphie .. thanks, things are going fine ..
                        I still got the CB .. just want another car to drive the *models* around in .. you know?
                        Besides, the CB is going into Kyle's new place soon for a new front end.
                        I almost have all the parts, just gotta find the time .. then a new paint job ..

I can't believe you haven't got the new DSLR yet man .. whuddya waitin fer?
                        I'm still shooting with 2 gripped 20D's .. and am just about to purchase the 50mm 2.5 macro.
                        My best friend in Hawaii is flying me out to do his daughters wedding.

Been super busy. Just played in a PGA qualifier today. Played so so shitty!
                        I doubt I even made the cut .. we'll see tomorrow.

Back on topic tho, I did have ONE model who jumped in my CB and went,
                        "OOoo, a Honda .. my x boy-friend had one, but not as nice and fun as this one"
                        Hahaha .. yep .. she was as blonnnde as blonde can be too .. hmmph.
                        Atleast she liked it tho .. And yet another one, one time went, "Ooo, a five speed ..
                        I love stick shifts .. " Yikes!!!

Get on eBay .. the 20D is droppin in price like you cant believe!

A Hui Hou !!!
                        Tomi

Comment

all i know is that ive driven one and i do not fit. im not fat or anything like that im just to tall for it. seat dont go far enough back for me

Comment

Originally posted by 90_ACCORD View Post
                            all i know is that ive driven one and i do not fit. im not fat or anything like that im just to tall for it. seat dont go far enough back for me
                            Well then it's a good thing I'm only 4'11" ..
                            Nahh .. I'm kiddin .. I'm 5'8" .. but my x-wife is 6' .. woo hooo ..
                            And I'm gonna be stayin at a Holiday Inn someday .. soon .. maybe.

Thanks for the input there 90_ACCORD!
                            Tomi

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
                              I don't mind Taurus's, especially the newer ones.
                              But, if I had to get a Ford sedan... I'd get a 98+ Crown Vic P71.
                              Mercury Marauder for me
                              or
                              an earlys 70's Maverick coupe with a 351 V8
                              http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X