Accord, CL, TL V6 Manual Transmission Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accord, CL, TL V6 Manual Transmission Code

I have been doing research on an interesting project I would like to attempt this summer, right now it is just research. I am looking into putting a manual transmission in a 98-02 Accord V6. To help source parts, mainly the transmission, I need to know the code for the transmission options (i.e. M2S4, H2U5, etc). The usable transmissions are 03 CL-S, 03-07 Accord V6, 04+ TL. I just need to know the codes or names of these transmissions as my search for the names give me nothing useful.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

I have some non specific info from when I researched this about a year ago. My friend had an 01 tl auto givin to him. You will need the ecu from a manual 98-02 v6 accord. You did not mention using the tranny from a 98-02 accord? -----edit---- they did not come with a standard I have seen them but they were swapped. You are correct on all your trans options.You might as well give up on the 03 cl-s they made less than 4000 manuals. I found them new for nearly $5000.
    Last edited by cb7 calling; 02-09-2014, 12:02 AM.
    ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

No, there is no such thing as a manual Accord with a J30A1 V6 from 1998-2002. The first V6 Accord available with a manual transmission was the 2003 Accord with a J30A4.

And yes, there was a manual TL from 2004 and on. The Type-S TL was not available in that generation until 2007, but the manual transmission was offered with the J32A3 all the same.

I know you're trying to help, but the information you're giving is wrong and that isn't helpful to the internet community.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I know that the CL-S is ideal and the other 2 require welding of a stud for I think something to do with the shifting cables. I am just looking for other search terms to use as my results are a bit lacking.

Comment

I guess the main issue aside from tranny you need to address is ecu. The manual transmission v6 ecu's are for different motors than yours. So you would have to make your motor as much like a j30 a4 as possible and use that ecu. Or swap tranny and motor from the cl-s or any other car on your list.
          As I crippled the internet community this morning with miss information I decided to search for these tranny codes my self. I have found them at a transmission website. I can't really confirm they are correct though because having them has not turned up any information that would be useful. I mean nothing to confirm the original cars they are from, none for sale nothing. I can however provide the definite code for a 2003 cl-s 6 speed within the next few days because that's what's in my brothers car. But what do you need the tranny code for? As far as I can tell the v6 community rarely uses tranny codes when they discuss swaps and such. They spit out the whole year/make/ model every single time. Even having what I believe to be correct codes has turned up nothing. I have researched this a lot before and tonight.

Once you add up the numbers the best way to do the swap is sell your car and buy the manual. You might be able to keep your car and buy the manual for less money.
          Last edited by cb7 calling; 02-09-2014, 12:50 AM.
          ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

It couldn't hurt to try using the code as a search term. Spelling it out has provided some results but I feel like there is some stuff I am missing out on. To solve the ECU issue, if I were to go the route of only swapping the transmission there is a special harness that eliminates the issues of limp mode and other problems. Though when I set up home when I move I will do what Jarret did and buy a junked 03 CL-S.

Comment

Working...
            X