Getting new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting new car

Well, I'm getting rid of my 1995 Nissan Hardbody, and buying a brand new car.

My price range is around $15,000 and it will be bought, no leasing at all.

I'm thinking of a Toyota Corolla S (5 spd of course). That seems to be the best choice for the price range. I'm definetly not getting a Civic, they're too underpowered. There's also no way I'm going with a domestic, I'd like to keep the car for at least 5 years without problems.

Any other suggestions?

Brand new? Why not go certified pre-owned? Do you know what you could get for $15K 'slightly used'???

I'd go for a Maxima, G20, or something along those lines...you have a lot of choices if you go used.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

get a tc!
      So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

FOR 15000 you can get a wrx...

Comment

Acura RSX. Base is listed at $20,275 MSRP, and you can defiently negotiate it down for the 2005 models since the 2006 models should come out in September. If you don't want to go more than $15,000, then go for a Certified Acura Pre-Owned RSX. If your lucky you might even find an RSX Type S for that price, but I guess it would be mostly base models. I say, save up a few more thousand and go for it. If you ABSOLUTELY cannot break $15,000, the Accord sedan starts at $16,000 and you can try to negotiate it down.

Comment

Originally posted by flacopower
            FOR 15000 you can get a wrx...
            A used one, but it seems like he wants to pop the engine's cherry and a new one runs $30k.

EDIT: a wrx STI runs $30k.
            Last edited by i97supratti; 07-24-2005, 02:00 PM.

Comment

yeah man, for $15k you shouldn't sacrifice the machine just to buy new....you can get a 2-3 yr old less than 30k miles NICE vehicle for 15k....even the IS300s are starting to get down near $15k....but yeah, look for 01-03 Accord/v6, TL/CL, RSX, etc...

if you have to go new, go with the TC or corolla I guess...or if you can save a few more grand, check out the new sonata V6, it's supposed to be a good all around buy....good luck, and let us know what you decide on...
              Mike:
              92 Accord DX 4d 5sp-Odometer:212k 12/07/05
              Member's Ride Thread - SOLD 1/12/06
              02 WRX ,White, 5spd, wingless FTW! - SOLD
              05 Legacy GT Limited, Silver, 5spd - TRADED IN Legacy gallery
              93 Prelude Si, White, 5spd, stock (daily driver)
              06 WRX Wagon , White, 5spd, Cobb stg2 (daily drooler)

Comment

cb7 if u don't have one already h22a with turbo, mod the body if u don't like it (skyline rear and front) TC bar and with money left over

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

I'm tired of used cars, to many things go wrong with them, and you're never sure how they're treated.

Plus it's nice to have an odometer that starts off at 0 miles, not 30,000 or more.

Comment

Good luck getting a Corolla S for 15K. The MSRP for the one I was looking at for my mom was a shade over 18K. Silver Streak Mica, Charcoal interior, the appearance package, the cold weather package and the sunroof.

They are faster than the CB stock. I like them a lot, even tho they are rather common. I know a bunch of tricks for them already.

Check out www.9thgencorolla.com

The only problem is the throttle on the 05's are drive-by-wire, so they haven't made any form on intake that works on them. The TRD exhaust will not fit, nor will the supercharger. The TRD exhaust can be made to fit, but there has yet to be an adaptor plate made for the supercharger.

If you want a stick, check into the XRS as well. A lot more engine for probably 2-3K more.

Comment

If you insist on getting a brand new car, thats up to you, but the smarter way would be to go used. You can get a better car for cheaper, and someone already took the initial depreciation expense. You cannot own much for 15 grand these days and not have a domestic, although if you want a "new" car you could always go kia/hyundai.

Yeah, there are always risks in buying a used car, but if you do your research, know the background of the model car you are looking at, and have some mechanical knowledge, and a good eye, you will pick out the duds before you buy anything.

Comment

check out the nissan altima

Aftermath of crash.

Comment

The Altima has way to high of a base price.

I don't need to catch any flak for getting a new car, with my experience with used, it's definetly the way to go.

I'm shooting for AROUND 15k, I know the S goes for a little more. XRS is not an option, it only runs on premium, and gets less gas milage.

Keep in mind, college student = little to no $$, and I also need that Toyota reliability.

Oh, and thx for the 9thgen Corolla site.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accord2dr
                            I'm tired of used cars, to many things go wrong with them, and you're never sure how they're treated.

Plus it's nice to have an odometer that starts off at 0 miles, not 30,000 or more.
                            he has a good point here
                            but if you do go used.....the lexus is 300

Comment

lol, my dad would kill me, he hates those...especially since it's a big competitor to his 2006 3 series.

Comment

Working...
                              X