• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bobbycos
    replied
    Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post

Getting ready to extract the crusty 229 V6 this weekend
    and the V8 will be a simple bolt in affair with the nose missing.

now time to clean up the firewall and clean the A/C drain out (under the box that holds the fan) and DETAIL THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Leave a comment:

• da9b16
    replied
    Making me wanna go find another malibu wagon..... I am looking at a saab wagon right now and a bmw 5 series wagon.... but dang it... my friend at work just gave me a 4bolt 350 TOTALLY rebuilt been sitting in his garage since his father passed. Told me I could have it.... a cool malibu wagon would be nice to shove it in.

I had an 84 malibu 4dr sedan as well. Mine was the doo doo brown and had the police interceptor package 350 with way too much done to it to list. BUT MAN THE WAGON- I LOVE WAGONS.... I WANNA SEE YOURS DONE... I love this kind of build. BTW- thanks for taking me down memory lane with my mailbus and my mom and grandmas wagons!

Leave a comment:

• Accrdwgnguy
    replied

Getting ready to extract the crusty 229 V6 this weekend

Leave a comment:

• Accrdwgnguy
    replied
    Got an amazing deal on OEM buckets from an 82ish Cutlass. Faded and a small tear in the vinyl on the drivers bucket, but its also a power seat. Pics to come tomorrow if I have time.

Leave a comment:

• AccordWarrior
    replied
    Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
    hmm idk...

Stolen from Gbodyforum.com, user mkiiisupra

http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=17619
    It looks like it's in primer though...a work in progress. That's just my opinion though.

Leave a comment:

• Accrdwgnguy
    replied
    hmm idk...

Stolen from Gbodyforum.com, user mkiiisupra

http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=17619

Leave a comment:

• Accrdwgnguy
    replied
    Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
    Satin silver...satin black is getting increasingly common...and you rarely see satin silver cars.
    It would be a shiny silver metallic

Leave a comment:

• AccordWarrior
    replied
    Satin silver...satin black is getting increasingly common...and you rarely see satin silver cars.

Leave a comment:

• Accrdwgnguy
    replied
    Really debating painting the car satin black or silver. Eastwood is having a sale on their 2k urethane paint, $102 shipped for a sprayable gallon

Leave a comment:

• Accrdwgnguy
    replied
    Ordered my clutch pedal, not cheap but its a nice piece and really the cheapest setup I found in my search for linkage.

Designed to work with 93-02 Camaro hydro linkage

Leave a comment:

• Accrdwgnguy
    replied
    Found a mint dashboard in the yard today. Crazy lucky find, I had no tools, just checking out whats new and I found it just sitting in the back of an El Camino already to go!! No cracks, vinyl still soft, just faded.

Best part, the guy only wanted $20 because I'm a frequent customer! These things go for $150 and up in non-cracked condition

Leave a comment:

• Accrdwgnguy
    replied
    Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
    did the poly in my Bu and it handled like a slot car for 6 months then it handled like shit because the poly bushings wore out. I had the PST kit but went back to stock rubber. She handles nice now
    Really? Well if that happens they'll be getting an angry call from me, their stuff is supposed to be the best!

Leave a comment:

• bobbycos
    replied
    did the poly in my Bu and it handled like a slot car for 6 months then it handled like shit because the poly bushings wore out. I had the PST kit but went back to stock rubber. She handles nice now

Leave a comment:

• Accrdwgnguy
    replied

Gotta redo this, got this stuff last week

Leave a comment:

• bobbycos
    replied
    got the police/taxi dog dish center caps and be sure of the bolt pattern of the steelies

most caprices used the 5x5 pattern while the bu's had 5x 4 3/4's

pre 1971 Caprice/Impala fit nicely

Leave a comment:

Working...
X