Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accrdwgnguy
    replied
    Finally dyed my replacement dashboard yesterday. I am extremely pleased with the results.

I used SEM dye and the quality is impressive, feels and looks like a factory dye job. Much better than the Duplicolor and rustoleum dyes I've used in the past.

Leave a comment:

• Accrdwgnguy
    replied
    I am sad at the lack of progress. At the end of 2011 the frame has sandblasted, painted and done. Suspension components blasted, cleaned, installed new bushings, shocks, springs, and done. Rolling chassis. Body just needs to be finished and mounted.

2012 I didn't touch the car at all, due to work schedule and other distractions. However it did produce progress in another way, altho on my C10. My frustrating experience with setting up and tuning a stock TPI computer system. Hardware issues with the original computer, software issues with the tuning program, drove me to find an alternative. The alternative is an OBDII swap.

Honestly, I wouldn't pursue this avenue if I didn't already have a fresh rebuilt SBC, I'd just go for the LSx swap and be done with it. No sense in buying another engine when I have a new one ready to go. The OBD2 swap just makes it better. Sequential injection instead of the old batch fire, larger/cheaper MAF sensor, more resolution in timing/fueling tables, etc. Not to mention the availability of parts and top quality software for tuning. Gone are the swapping of chips and the hardware issues associated, we are now an using LS-based flash PCM for engine control. Welcome to the 21st century!

For anyone considering this swap, please read more here - TPI OBDII - it breaks down the swap in great detail. Basically the 01-02 Express van was equipped with the L31 Vortec 350 controlled by the LS 12200411 PCM. Which means you can use all the sensors for a 96 to 02 Vortec truck, with an LS PCM using the Express van Calibration. I have already picked up all the parts needed, and stripped down a vortec harness to prep for building a custom harness. Quite excited, looking to get the car running by the end of 2013!

Leave a comment:

• Accrdwgnguy
    replied
    Thank you for your input. I am aware of the limitations of the T5, TPI intake manifold, and small bore 305. The 305 has been re-done, over 10:1 compression and a good cam. TPI has been ported for additional flow. The T5 is staying stock however, besides the shorter tailshaft from a Chevette T5. As long as I'm not abusing the transmission it should hold up ok. A T5z Super Alloy gearset would increase durability, but I'll cross that bridge if I get there.

Leave a comment:

• Crankshaft
    replied
    Sup

[how is the build comming along? I just saw this and i wish i had looked earlier and gave you some pointers on the whole lb9 with the t5 combo as it tends to fall flt on itsface before 5k and the t5 tends to not hold up too well to upgraded engines. I know since i have a 91 z28 with same setup and although very fun on the street the limitations are within a grasp. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.QUOTE=Accrdwgnguy;2563396]Ordered my clutch pedal, not cheap but its a nice piece and really the cheapest setup I found in my search for linkage.

Designed to work with 93-02 Camaro hydro linkage[/QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• i-07
    replied
    nice man keep up the good work yo!!

Leave a comment:

• Accrdwgnguy
    replied
    Whats missing in this picture?

Wait think I found it

Leave a comment:

• 92accordkidd
    replied
    my father has the same car and i will never forget this car but i always hated when i had to get in the car i always wanted to ride in the blazer with the 454

Leave a comment:

• i-07
    replied
    lol nice man

Leave a comment:

• Accrdwgnguy
    replied
    Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
    i use the truck filter too on my V8 because it holds more oil
    Yup, more filtering area too.

Stole it from my Dads stash of filters for his 93 4x4 haha.

Leave a comment:

• bobbycos
    replied
    i use the truck filter too on my V8 because it holds more oil

Leave a comment:

• Accrdwgnguy
    replied
    Started on detailing the new engine.

Wiped down engine with thinner, masked off internals and hit with 20 year old can of Duplicolor engine paint.

Flipped over, installed high volume oil pump, steel sleeved driveshaft, JB welded oil pickup on (they fall off frequently due to being a poor press fit) and installed the crank seals and my refreshed original oil pan.

And an oversize truck oil filter.

More to come.

Leave a comment:

• bobbycos
    replied
    Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
    So while you lazy guys were at NYMM I was doing this -

lining it up, damn wheres that chain?

found it! Now whats in the way?

My partner in crime, and yes she got just as greasy as me.

Almost out

anddd ready for cleaning

boobs AND greasy hands, she is WIFE MATERIAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• i-07
    replied
    bump lol eric put the car together lol

Leave a comment:

• Accrdwgnguy
    replied
    So while you lazy guys were at NYMM I was doing this -

lining it up, damn wheres that chain?

found it! Now whats in the way?

My partner in crime, and yes she got just as greasy as me.

Almost out

anddd ready for cleaning

Leave a comment:

• Accrdwgnguy
    replied
    Originally posted by da9b16 View Post
    Making me wanna go find another malibu wagon..... I am looking at a saab wagon right now and a bmw 5 series wagon.... but dang it... my friend at work just gave me a 4bolt 350 TOTALLY rebuilt been sitting in his garage since his father passed. Told me I could have it.... a cool malibu wagon would be nice to shove it in.

I had an 84 malibu 4dr sedan as well. Mine was the doo doo brown and had the police interceptor package 350 with way too much done to it to list. BUT MAN THE WAGON- I LOVE WAGONS.... I WANNA SEE YOURS DONE... I love this kind of build. BTW- thanks for taking me down memory lane with my mailbus and my mom and grandmas wagons!
    Do it! these cars are out there and you got no rust too, these cars just rotted like crazy around here, I got lucky finding this one. With overdrive and a properly tuned engine you can get 20 mpg

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
    and the V8 will be a simple bolt in affair with the nose missing.

now time to clean up the firewall and clean the A/C drain out (under the box that holds the fan) and DETAIL THE SHIT OUT OF IT
    Yup, still waiting on the machine shop to finish mine. I got powerwasher, wirewheels and sandblaster on standby! Gonna take everything off the firewall, blow the whole suspension off the car and scrap and clean the underside as well.

BTW Bobby you end up finding any of the those caps?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X