No announcement yet.

crazymikey: 1995 Acura Integra RS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We went from +12c this morning to currently -6c in a matter of 3 hours.

I do have a garage to work in, but it's just as cold as outside. The plus side is I'm sheltered from the wind and elements.

Probably won't do much if any bodywork over the winter months, probably something to start on around March/April.

Picked up my new radiator today, just need to install that and then everything has been taken care of mechanically.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
      We went from +12c this morning to currently -6c in a matter of 3 hours.

I do have a garage to work in, but it's just as cold as outside. The plus side is I'm sheltered from the wind and elements.

Probably won't do much if any bodywork over the winter months, probably something to start on around March/April.

Picked up my new radiator today, just need to install that and then everything has been taken care of mechanically.
      Nice! Looking forward to seeing the progress. I'm jelli you have somewhere to work, my GF's ex's shit is taking up all the space in my garage, so my poor car sits outside all winter. Planning on JDM'ing that front end anytime soon?

Comment

No JDM front end. Ever. If I wanted it to look like a CD5 Accord, I'd buy one of those instead. I prefer the round headlights. They're unique and don't look like anything else out there.

Right now, there is a money shortage, so there is no progress on anything. I'm leaving the bodywork til warmer weather, so I'll just drive it looking like a shitbox for the winter. I don't care.

I plan to sell this car eventually, so the less money I put into it, the better. All the maintenance is done, it just needs the body taken care of. I've been contemplating going vinyl wrap, for something quick and easy.

I know the mileage is getting up there, but if the car looks and shows clean, with all the recent records of maintenance, I don't see why I couldn't get atleast $1800-2000 for it. At that point I break even on it, and can go buy something much cleaner.
        Last edited by crazymikey; 11-23-2012, 08:36 PM.

Comment

sooooooper seeeeek brhooooo

So when are you getting BBS rs rims? e30s have the same lug pattern
          Last edited by keepinitclean; 11-23-2012, 09:04 PM.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Im not spending lots of money on this car to mod it. The JDM front end does nothing for me. To me, it's not what an Integra looks like. Plus I think it looks like a CD5 Accord.

This is a long term winter beater/spring flip.

I just want a reliable car right now that isn't a pain in the ass. This car does that.
            Last edited by crazymikey; 11-23-2012, 10:03 PM.

Comment

I was kidding about the front end :P

I don't see many Integras out my way anymore. I know a number of people who used to have them but not anymore. I see one every few days, but driven by their original owners who are in their 40s-50s now. Not sure why no one does them justice in Ontario. Everyone's too busy with Jettas/Golfs now.

Comment

Not a fan of the front clip swap's either they do look like a cd front end. If i had said car and had enough money to do the swap right i would definitely spend the money elsewhere as i'm a function over form guy period.

02 Crv
                02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

This is a good car to use as a learning stepping stone into the DC platform.

I'm as hooked on the DC platform as I was with the CB. I have always loved the DC's, but could never come up with the cash to buy a decent one. So, when opportunity came, I took it with this car.

I'd like to sell off this car and get into another DC, considering this is an Ontario car and is quite rusty underneath. Not to mention I have almost 270 000km on it. I've already undercoated half of the underside, I just ran out of undercoating. I'm saving up finished cans of undercoat from work to put together and get enough to finish the rest of the car.

We'll see what happens though. From what I can tell, this car was quite well looked after. I'm the 5th owner, and to consider this car has not been modified or hacked up and screwed with, means it was owned by people who took care of it. When you look at the rust on the body, and figure this car is from salty Ontario, I'd say for the age and mileage, this car is in pretty damn respectable shape.

With some cosmetic work, this car can be a gem. I just need to figure out if I fix it and sell it, or if I just build it, since I've pretty much replaced all the major mechanicals of this car.

Already had a new clutch in it when I got it. I did brakes all around, tires, CV shaft, exhaust, fluids, battery etc. This car runs like a champ. I'm so happy with it. I don't care how shitty it looks right now, this thing is a joy to drive. Of all my 30+ cars I have ever owned, this car is probably in my top 3 favourites.
                  Last edited by crazymikey; 11-24-2012, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Not much to update here. Car is filthy.

Another custom licence plate frame, using a DA Integra trunk emblem.

New OEM muffler, with chrome tip

Just some better overall daytime pics. Sanded down the bondo on the front fender.

Had these DDM 9006 HIDs laying around from those 1pc JDM headlights I had. Plug N Play HIDs for free.

So that's where I'm at right now.

Comment

I like teh rims
                      Last edited by keepinitclean; 11-24-2012, 07:42 PM.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

teh rimz are from a Canadian-only Acura 1.7EL. That's one very pretty Civic, I think.

Comment

Those rims also came on "Special Edition" Civics here in the states
                          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Ah ok. I think I've only seen them on the EL's here.

Anyways, I tried out the 8000k's in the dark. Yeah. Looked ricey as hell and couldn't see shit. Put the 6000's in, which are much lighter and less harsh with better visibility and significantly less ricer look.

Comment

So....I bought a pair of totally ricer tail lights.

BUT, they're going to work with the colour scheme I'm doing with the car, as everything is going to be silver/black/gunmetal. The Integra is one of the very few, if not the only car that I've ever seen that can actually rock Euro style tails and look good doing it.

I got them used, for cheap on one of the Integra forums. Basically, they have an LED ring for the running light, but I'm going to rewire it to come on as the brake light, and rewire the halogen brake light to come on as the running light. Going to run all LED bulbs (white LED reverse, red LED for running, the LED ring for the brake, and standard amber halogen 1156 for the signal.)

Will either leave them as they are, or tint them. I've decided to go with all dark lights around the car, as I plan to buy the blackhoused white halo headlights. (Pictured blue, but they have white ones too) Probably go with the black signals as well, use amber bulbs in them, and I want those same fog lights, except with amber lenses.

Wanting to do black Acura emblems and black "Integra" vinyl inlays for the bumpers.

I think vinyl wrap may be a viable option for my car. Considering I can do the bodywork and straighten everything out and take care of the rust, a guy on Honda Tech vinyl wrapped his Integra and cost him around $600. That's about what my budget is to do bodywork with, so I think it may be a good option.
                              Last edited by crazymikey; 11-25-2012, 08:36 PM.

Comment

I just saw your plans with the pics, I like them hope you do them the black on the bumper look good!

Comment

Working...
                                X