X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that a 79 camaro next to it?

i like the integra btw

Comment

No sir, that is a 1972 Camaro Z28....with a 454. That's my roommate's new project.

I'm not doing any front end swaps. Why would I spend $750 on a front clip swap, when I can spend that money to get the body and paint done?

This car is a budget fixer upper. I know this will not be my last Integra. I still want a DA, but they're hard to find in decent shape. So I settled for a rough DC instead.

Comment

I don't no where where I got 5 lug from. But happy 4 u anyways my friend.
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Rough, but definite potential. I'm impressed on how nice those Civic wheels look on the car.

I've always wanted a DC...still do. The 98 CW ITR is on my lottery list.

I think I prefer the USDM front end to the JDM front end anyways. I know you don't want to do a clip, but what does a 98-01 front end run?

Comment

Not bad looking. I really liked the oem goodness of the cb though. And in the us i believe for integras its rs/ls/gs/gsr/ITR
            1993 accord lx coupe 5 speed f22a1 all stock for now.

Comment

I would like to do a 98-01 front and rear bumper swap, as I want to run front and rear lip kits, and the nicest ones I see are for 98-01s, as well as the fog lights.

Nothing really spectacular for the 94-97 cars.

I installed my new/used OEM catback exhaust today. Car is still loud...in a good way. There's no leaks, but I think it must be the intake I have on the car that gives it such a loud roar. I'm actually happy with how it sounds....it almost sounds like it has an exhaust on it, even though it's all stock. Right up my alley.

My new rad was ordered today, will arrive Tuesday.

Got a nice mint VC at the wreckers today, to replace that ugly paint peeled one I have now.

Polished the headlight lenses, and then found a pair of DDM 800k 9006 HIDs in the garage, but one of the ballasts is pooched, so I will see if I can get a new one under warranty or something, as well as some 4500k bulbs.

Tomorrow I will steam clean the interior and start on some cosmetic work.

Comment

Boom. Shampooed interior.

Before. Human slime etc.

Minty fresh.

Polished up the hazy yellow headlights too.

Now the interior is done, time to start the long process of cleaning up the exterior.

Comment

good interior cleaning! I hope people realize that this is a necessity when buying a used car. You never know what the previous owners did inside the car...

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
                  My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
                  Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

Well, I do work as a detailer, so I do agree on it being a necessity when both buying and selling a vehicle.

Vehicle needs to be clean to get top dollar when selling, and if you buy a dirty vehicle, you need to clean the crap out of it so you're not living in someone else's filth.

The interior of this car was musty smelling and the carpets and seats were grungy to the touch. The first thing I did was use an aerosol odor bomb that circulates through the ventilation system and eliminates odors that way. Now I've gone through and done the full interior clean. Feels like a new car inside.

You know how clean I kept my Accords, so this car will be no different.

Comment

That is one thing I love about the quality of Honda interiors...you can clean them up so nicely even when they've gotten to disgusting levels.

If you're musty spelling, are you concerned about a water leak into the interior? Aren't the hatches on those really prone to leaks?

Comment

The musty smell could be from the car sitting for a while. I don't see any signs of water leakage anywhere. Plus I think part of the smell was the overall grossness of the interior. It's amazing how an interior can be so well kept condition wise, but it's totally gross and grungy.

This thing cleaned up A1 in my books, I couldn't have asked for it to come out any better. My boss would be impressed lol. "Put it on the lot!" I had no floormats for it either, except this grungy grey rubber one for the driver side, so I just picked up a nice black carpet set of 4 at Canadian Tire for $20 and they just finished it off inside.

Debating what to do now with the exterior. It looks awful being all patchy like it is, so I'm thinking I may just primer the whole car, with a black primer hood and rock it that way while I work on it and straighten everything out. Then I can give it another quick shot of primer and clean up before I spray it silver again.

Keep in mind, it's winter, so I'm not really in a rush to get the bodywork sorted, since it's just going to get beat up over the winter.

Inside where I sit all the time, and the mechanicals are all sorted out now, so I've got a perfect DD at the moment. And it's not pretty enough to get unwanted attention.

I have to agree on the Honda quality for the interiors. Of all the 'affordable' newer cars I see these days working at the dealership, I really beleive Mitsubishi has one of the highest quality interiors in the Lancers and Outlanders. Fit and finish is excellent, they use nice feeling and looking materials. You get in and have the impression of it being a much more upscale vehicle. Meanwhile, you get in a comparable GM or Ford product, and it's like they just came out of the Lego factory.
                        Last edited by crazymikey; 11-18-2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                          The musty smell could be from the car sitting for a while. I don't see any signs of water leakage anywhere. Plus I think part of the smell was the overall grossness of the interior. It's amazing how an interior can be so well kept condition wise, but it's totally gross and grungy.

This thing cleaned up A1 in my books, I couldn't have asked for it to come out any better. My boss would be impressed lol. "Put it on the lot!"

Debating what to do now with the exterior. It looks awful being all patchy like it is, so I'm thinking I may just primer the whole car, with a black primer hood and rock it that way while I work on it and straighten everything out. Then I can give it another quick shot of primer and clean up before I spray it silver again.

Keep in mind, it's winter, so I'm not really in a rush to get the bodywork sorted, since it's just going to get beat up over the winter.

Inside where I sit all the time, and the mechanicals are all sorted out now, so I've got a perfect DD at the moment. And it's not pretty enough to get unwanted attention.
                          I'd leave it out of primer. To me, primer is always like "I'm too poor to afford paint, but I want my car to look tough". Plus, primer isn't waterproof. I'd just leave it as-is.

Since most import cars that are old and modified these days are in primer (or have the ubiquitous primer black hood), they all just look junky.

Plus, the body issues are going to scare away any potential thieves.

But that's just me.

Comment

Yeah, this is true. I drove one my my B2200's around in primer/black hood for a year before I painted it.

As for theft, it's not a concern around my area. Very seldomly are cars stolen. The worst that ever happens is people steal things from unlocked vehicles.

Anyways, I need to figure something out. In the end, it'll all lead to a nice Vogue Silver respray.

Comment

Cant beat a good interior detox!

I found that the rear seats were wet underneath when i took mine out for a clean, i realised that this was due to a now solved rear light seal leak, let water sit in the spare wheel well, (drain hole bunged up) then when i braked it ran up over into the rear seat area!

So solved 3 things in one, full clean, unblocked drain hole, and resealed the light.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                              UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                              NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Looking good so far! I know you'll have this looking great in a few months tops. Just make sure that awful Alberta weather doesn't slow you down.

Comment

Working...
                                X