No announcement yet.

HondaB18: Rotary Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rotary on these isn't inherently unreliable.

It is several of the systems attached to it that cause 90+% of the problems.

With a little work, it will be plenty reliable.

The problem isn't the engine, it is that the vast majority of people have no concept of what these cars need.

2nd gen RX-7's with the same exact engine (without all the garbage systems) have been known to run for 200,000+ miles in turbo form.

Nice find, and that is my favorite color on those. I LOVE the 3rd gen chassis. So pure, and so capable.

P.S. I hope you don't listen to all these jokers, the WHOLE essence of the RX-7 is the engine.

I would recommend buying a Camarochicken if you want to swap an LS1. Or for about the same price as a good FD, you could buy one with an LS1 already in it.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Theres a black one just two houses over from me covered up. A real beaut though
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Theres a few FC's in town that are pushing upwards of 400,000 kms, still run strong. They arent driven lightly either. Its just a different engine with different needs!

Comment

pshh 2jz screw your v8 hahahah. A 20B wouldnt be bad either.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

niicee gata love the rx7, i was concidering one of those when buying a new car but i couldn't find one in good condition around me. and i also no jack sh*t about rotary engines so I'd be lost if something went wrong

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
              someone smack this guy.
              Smack yourself, import fanboy. There is absolutely nothing wrong with an aluminum block 330hp v8 weighing only slightly more than the stock 2 rotor + turbo with a power potential higher than the sky.
              To-Do List for Today
              Be Awesome

Comment

very nice find. good luck with it.
                1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

Car is good, its in very very good condition (100% stock for now). I've tried checking everywhere for dirt but couldn't find anywhere. Car haven't been pushed by me (couldn't say about its previous owner) since its fairly new to me. Its dark outside so couldn't take any nice clear pics. Any pic request?

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18
                    Car is good, its in very very good condition (100% stock for now). I've tried checking everywhere for dirt but couldn't find anywhere. Car haven't been pushed by me (couldn't say about its previous owner) since its fairly new to me. Its dark outside so couldn't take any nice clear pics. Any pic request?
                    Pictures of... Umm. EVERYTHING!!!

Comment

x2
                      To-Do List for Today
                      Be Awesome

Comment

Here are just some, let me know if you guys want to see any particular angle or shot.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                          The Rotary on these isn't inherently unreliable.

It is several of the systems attached to it that cause 90+% of the problems.

With a little work, it will be plenty reliable.

The problem isn't the engine, it is that the vast majority of people have no concept of what these cars need.

2nd gen RX-7's with the same exact engine (without all the garbage systems) have been known to run for 200,000+ miles in turbo form.

Nice find, and that is my favorite color on those. I LOVE the 3rd gen chassis. So pure, and so capable.

P.S. I hope you don't listen to all these jokers, the WHOLE essence of the RX-7 is the engine.

I would recommend buying a Camarochicken if you want to swap an LS1. Or for about the same price as a good FD, you could buy one with an LS1 already in it.
                          I like this guy ^. I have always liked these cars, potential of an all-around sports car which is what appeals to me. It has it all... power, braking, styling handling. Maybe someday I'd do these to 500-600 hp and be content.
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

That interior looks amazing.

FD's are nuts, simply for the fact they are one of the few FR cars that can keep up with, and beat AWD monsters on the track.

What plans aside from driving it do you have? Modification wise, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8
                              That interior looks amazing.

FD's are nuts, simply for the fact they are one of the few FR cars that can keep up with, and beat AWD monsters on the track.

What plans aside from driving it do you have? Modification wise, of course.
                              I'm still thinking, everything is original and taken really good care of that I dunno if I want to change anything. Maybe HIDs, you can see from the pics they aren't bright at all lol. But the basic maintenance like upgrading the radiator, fuel filter change, oil/filter, air filters, spark plugs, upgrading hoses etc are priorities. It makes a good weekend car but not a good daily driver. And I have my other rides to take care of

Comment

Originally posted by mxcx
                                Smack yourself, import fanboy. There is absolutely nothing wrong with an aluminum block 330hp v8 weighing only slightly more than the stock 2 rotor + turbo with a power potential higher than the sky.

I wonder what wouuld happen if you sent your LS1 powered FD to Lingenfelter Performance Engineering. The horrors.

If they can make a Escalade run 5.0 seconds to 60 and get a Sonoma to 60 in 1.9 seconds...what would they do with this.

Beautiful car btw.

Comment

Working...
                                X