Diablosport inTune I-1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diablosport inTune I-1000

I'm curious to know if anyone here has any experience using the Diablosport inTune tuning device.
    It seems to get very good feedback on LS1tech.com (where the tech manager of Diablosport also actively posts.)

Essentially, it's a small tuning device that can reflash the stock ECU through the OBD2 port (unless I'm totally mistaken... I've only started looking into it today.)

I'm considering trying it out for my CTS-V. Since my car is bone stock, the pre-set "tunes" that come with the device should work well. Unfortunately, my Fit is not supported (no Hondas are, it seems.)

Is that a GM only affair?

Is try it on my 98 of its for all obd 2 stuff.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
    dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

I PMed the rep/manager that posts regularly on LS1tech.com yesterday with some questions. He has logged on at least once since I sent it, and I've gotten no response. I'm a little irritated by that. Is that the sort of service I could expect if I have a problem?
      Perhaps I shouldn't have told him I was looking to buy on ebay... (I lost the auction, then was given a "second chance", which I'm not taking... because it looks shady as hell. I'll save up and buy from a reputable source, if I buy at all now...)

Comment

Just watch and episode of Two Guys Garage and they got 26whp with a Diablosport tuner after adding a CAI and a cat back exhaust to a 2013 Mustang. It is basically a sensor and ECU recalibration tool for basic bolt on mods.

For $390 you would get the following;

2004-2012 Cadillac CTS-V 5.7L/6.0L/6.2L = 15-20 HP & Tq
        Last edited by GhostAccord; 11-08-2012, 08:54 PM.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Cool. I wasn't able to find that! All I could find was an overall 25hp or so.
          Now, it makes me wonder... the 2nd gen CTS-V is supercharged, and likely more responsive to such a tuner than my N/A 1st gen...

Still, if I could get even 15hp, and maybe even a little better fuel economy (my H22 gained about 5mpg over the pig-rich P13!), that would actually be well worth the cost. If I could raise the MPG by 2, I'd be incredibly happy. I just made a 370 mile trip from the Boston are to the Philly area, and my car is currently sitting in my driveway with nothing but fumes to get it to the gas station!

Comment

Yeah it allows you to upload tunes for economy or power as well as the ability to change tunes for different fuel octane levels.

Seems like a pretty useful tool for your basic bolt-ons and fuel tuning.
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Yeah. Seems to me like a bridge between a SAFC and a chipped ECU.

Comment

Interesting, they list an application for the Pontiac.
                I wonder if it would also fit my Ute . . .

The only difference is that the ute uses ALDL rather than OBD2.
                The plugs are the same but the wiring is different apparently.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Might be worth checking into. It may not make a difference if the device can interact with the ECU the same way.

Comment

I seen you got this in the "Off Topic" section, hows it working out?

02 Crv
                    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Does it do any more than just re-flash with pre-made maps?
                      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

I don't think so. From what I have read, it's just like the other Domestic OBD2 plug in tuners like Bully Dog & SCT.
                        MR Thread
                        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

You can adjust certain parameters. It's not like a standalone tuner, but it can be adjusted. I equate it with a SAFC. Not exactly like that... but similar. It provides some minor control to tune certain things, but it's limited.

I forgot I made this thread!

I ended up buying one. I have no intention on modifying anything, since my car is otherwise stock. I figure the tune provided is for the stock LS2, so that's likely the best safe results I'm going to get!
                          It pulls strong. It seems like it pulls stronger, though I don't really know if I'd truly be able to feel 15-20whp when I'm already making 330whp or so. I think the car may actually idle better with the tune, though.
                          I was hoping for better fuel economy, but so far it seems worse. Then again, that could be due to my heavy foot, trying out the new tune.

The only bad thing is that it requires 93 octane. 93 is required regardless, but the ECU is programmed to adjust if lower octane is used. My usual gas station only carries 92 octane. That means I have to go elsewhere. Not a huge deal, but I like my Wawa, dammit!

Comment

I have an LQ4 6.0L that isn't quite stock anymore. Needs a tune but the software/hardware packages are crazy priced. Just going to have it pro-tuned for 450, don't really plan on any additional changes for a year or two so its worth it.
                            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Has it been converted to FI?

Comment

Working...
                              X