Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much time will these weight reductions reduce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much time will these weight reductions reduce?

Going to be doing some 1/4 mile soon.
    Probably going to take out:
    Spare tire
    Jack
    Associated emergency bits
    Floor mats

Will those make a difference?
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

it will but it will be so small you will not notice

i'd just leave it all because you won't see anything major enough to justify the possbility of a flat tire on the way there

Comment

Sounds like a plan
      MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I would probably save you at least a car length or two. Timewise thats not much, but at the strip it could be the difference between first and second.

As a great philosopher once wrote "Ask any racer, any real racer. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winnings winning."

Plus, if you have an accord, you need all the help you can get on the track.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobermann View Post
          I would probably save you at least a car length or two. Timewise thats not much, but at the strip it could be the difference between first and second.

As a great philosopher once wrote "Ask any racer, any real racer. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winnings winning."

It will not save you a car length, let alone two in the quarter mile. You're looking at a gain of maybe, maybe .10 - .25 seconds for those items and that's being VERY optimistic.

Comment

I read somewhere on here that it was like .1 second every -100lbs or something. Look in the weight reduction thread, I think it might be a sticky.

Comment

Any weight reduction over ~30lbs is noticeable IMO. Your spare, jack, tools, and all floor mats should add up to over 40lbs.
              On the track the difference will me minimal and almost not worth the effort if you will be putting those items back in the car when you get home.
              Be careful though, weight reduction is addictive just think about it : your spare, jack, and mats are 40+lbs... your back seat and seat belts is another 40lbs... your front passengers seat is another 44lbs if I am not mistaken... your AC system is another 35lbs... all four door panels are close to 30lbs... etc, etc

Comment

take out the rear seats.
                COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                  take out the rear seats.
                  yup just take out the rear seat and you will feel the difference

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

take a dump before you go.

because i know you are full of shit. just kidding.
                    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by Dobermann View Post

a car length? a car lenght is seconds and he aint going to make 16.1 just by removing jack and spare
                      leave the jack and mats, take out the spare
                      if its was seats or ac or big things, then yeah
                      when is a race car fine, but when its your daily just remove the big shit, a jack and mats aint going to to do shit

also the last time i checked VIN DIESEL was not a great philosopher
                      Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by geoffmisiak
                        Probably going to take out:
                        Spare tire - 20lbs
                        Jack - 10lbs
                        Associated emergency bits - 10lbs
                        Floor mats - 10lbs

50lbs... and that's being generous on my estimations.
                        That plus a massive dump the morning of the race may shave .1 second off your 1/4 mile.

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                        also the last time i checked VIN DIESEL was not a great philosopher
                        Blasphemy.

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Way more responses then I thought!
                          Unfortunately the race won't be happening. Or if it does I don't expect to win. I thought my opponent had a stock truck. Today he sent me this:
                          24 valve cummins. 66mm turbo. 110lb valve springs head studs quadzilla adrenaline programer. Almost wide open waste gate oringd head portd polishd. And some others. Last time on the dyno was 680 hp
                          Maybe in a year or two when I start racing, but I don't stand a chance stock.
                          MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by Bongo View Post
                            I read somewhere on here that it was like .1 second every -100lbs or something. Look in the weight reduction thread, I think it might be a sticky.
                            This is absurd. It depends on the engine's power band, weight of the vehicle, gearing, tire size, etc. how much it will reduce your time.

The more rearward weight you can pull out of a fwd, the better. If you want to save weight and have it be beneficial, start by gutting the entire trunk.
                            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                              This is absurd. It depends on the engine's power band, weight of the vehicle, gearing, tire size, etc. how much it will reduce your time.

The more rearward weight you can pull out of a fwd, the better. If you want to save weight and have it be beneficial, start by gutting the entire trunk.
                              This is true. My friends 92 will always loose to mine. He has a trunk full of speakers
                              MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Working...
                              X