Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 hours of Sebring

Well, it is official.

Acura entered their first factory backed race ever.

They entered 3 cars in the ALMS (American LeMans Series) 12 hour endurance race at Sebring.

A little background about ALMS.

There are 4 classes. Two prototype classes, and two production based classes.

LMP1 - this the fastest class. This is where Audi's R8 mopped up for years, and where their diesel powered R10 is still mopping up. This is one of the full on race car looking classes.

LMP2 - this is the other full on racing looking class. These cars are similar to the LMP1 cars, but they have less power. This is the class Acura was competing in. Typically, this class has been owned by Porsche who was the odds on favorite for 2007.

Acura took first, second and fourth places in this division, and ranked second and third overall, when all cars from all classes were ranked together.

That means that even though they were in LMP2, there was only one car faster than them. The Audi R10 from LMP1. They outranked every single other car on the track, including every other LMP1 car entered.

That is quite a victory for a first race entered, and their program started a little less than 11 months ago.

Good job Acura.

Can't wait to see how they do in the 24 hours of LeMans in May.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Advance baby.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
      Advance baby.
      LOL!

I still can't figure out how they won though. It wasn't a Civic.

Comment

here here...good job Honda/Acura!

i watched some of the race...it was pretty cool....i so want an air jack system for my CB

DEVOTE

Comment

Look at those ricer mufflers

Comment

sorry probably a stupid girl question but..... Why does it look like there's a passenger seat?
            "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
            - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty
              sorry probably a stupid girl question but..... Why does it look like there's a passenger seat?
              HA! You're such a n00b! Look at that low post count!

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                HA! You're such a n00b! Look at that low post count!
                she has like twice as many as you

Comment

OoOo I remember reading about this prototype. Heard it was running good too. It is really similar to porsches design kinda and hopefully acura will be doing pretty good. Glad to see them back in action =D.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                    she has like twice as many as you
                    (types hacking into google)

I'll avenge myself eventually, oh mighty tech support guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty

LOL!

No stupid questions...it is mostly impossible.

I think it is an old rule that requires that all LeMans car be able to carry two people.

They can technically accomodate 2, but the 2nd station is empty.

Plus, the passengers helmet would block the air intake and their brains would get sucked out.

LOL.

Maybe it was back in the day when they had to have a navigator or something.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                        LOL!

No stupid questions...it is mostly impossible.

I think it is an old rule that requires that all LeMans car be able to carry two people.

They can technically accomodate 2, but the 2nd station is empty.

Plus, the passengers helmet would block the air intake and their brains would get sucked out.

LOL.

Maybe it was back in the day when they had to have a navigator or something.
                        Even though the car sits real low and i'm sure everything is figured out mathemaically you would think it would cause some weight distribution problems and it would just be easier to get rid of the old rules.

Either way thanks for the answer.

Oh and if anyone knows where i might be able to get a ride in one of these let me know lol
                        "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
                        - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

...check out this last battle between Porsche and Ferrari for the GT2 position

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL2HF-sFLnc

crazy....
                          DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha

crazy....
                            That's badass to watch.....
                            1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha

crazy....

Yes, I saw that earlier and had to add it to my favorites!

That Ferrari driver definitely earned his paycheck on that one!

I hate to use an internet cliche, but Ferrari FTMFW!

Comment

Working...
                              X