Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet turned out fine. Even if it was "organized", the plans wouldn'tve worked out anyway. 7 bucks a car.. Coulda been worse, 7 bucks a person? I rolled out early, but didn't mean to. My buddy had an emergency with his daughter, and we had to jet out.

The only problem I'd say there were, was the "clicks". Me and my buddy rolled up at the mall and were like, the 5-6th car there, and everyone was standing around, and when we walked up, everyone just got quiet. Like we invaded or something? So...we just started taking a shit load of pictures. Would've liked to talk to a few people, but I'm not down for invading someones "group". My buddy liked it too, he brought the blue Se Cobalt. I'm down for next years meet though, it was a fun weekend overall. Only thing I would prefer different, is it bein' on a Saturday instead of Sunday. But, I really have no complaints. Glad I attended this one.

Seems like the people complaining, are the ones comparing Florida's meets, to this one. Oh well, if the Florida meets are so great, keep in the SouthEast of the Regional section, and don't attend Mid-Atlantic meets? Pretty simple.
    98' Mustang 3V Swap
    11' VW CC R36

Comment

Originally posted by Gotz Cb7 View Post
      Meet turned out fine. Even if it was "organized", the plans wouldn'tve worked out anyway. 7 bucks a car.. Coulda been worse, 7 bucks a person? I rolled out early, but didn't mean to. My buddy had an emergency with his daughter, and we had to jet out.

The only problem I'd say there were, was the "clicks". Me and my buddy rolled up at the mall and were like, the 5-6th car there, and everyone was standing around, and when we walked up, everyone just got quiet. Like we invaded or something? So...we just started taking a shit load of pictures. Would've liked to talk to a few people, but I'm not down for invading someones "group". My buddy liked it too, he brought the blue Se Cobalt. I'm down for next years meet though, it was a fun weekend overall. Only thing I would prefer different, is it bein' on a Saturday instead of Sunday. But, I really have no complaints. Glad I attended this one.

Seems like the people complaining, are the ones comparing Florida's meets, to this one. Oh well, if the Florida meets are so great, keep in the SouthEast of the Regional section, and don't attend Mid-Atlantic meets? Pretty simple.

yes the meet did turn out good. 99% of the people who went were happy. thats all that matters.

i dont much like the little "clicks" either. im going to have to do something about that. my g/f gave me an idea to help out with that next time.

as far as having them on saturday? im not sure. everyone seems to have to work saturday. most businesses are busy on friday and saturday so they're less likely to let someone off on that day. so ive been putting them on sunday for the past few years because most(if not all) people are able to come. but ill try it and see tho. my g/f said the same thing. that way people have sunday to relax and all before the work week.

and if people want to start comparing my meets to the Fl meet, fines. i dont care. if your gonna complain about how bad the meet was, dont come. just like you said Gotz. im glad you had fun man. im not sure if i got a chance to meet you tho.

if anyone has anything to say about the alcohol. bugger off. i have minors that attend these meets so i WILL NOT be held for contributing to minors. in VA, NC, and MD thats your licence. if you want to being beer, thats fine. just be sure to bring all your stuff with you so you can live with me for the next 2 years because i wont have a license to drive anywhere.

screw all you guys talking about "we had beer at our meet." so who the f*** cares? yall havent lived in VA or MD and thus you dont know how the cops are up here. irritates the crap out of me. you dont like the way i ran the meet, dont come next time. you might miss out and from what i can tell, i had more people atten my meet then the '08 Florida meet

but im going to close this before it gets out of hand tho. if you got a complaint, theres a PM box. mine is aways open for ya.
      Last edited by Shadow1; 03-24-2009, 12:51 PM.

Comment

thats like saying "i have more money than you". It doesn't mean shit if you can't enjoy it. So having that many cars doesn't mean 1 damn thing if A LOT of the members didn't enjoy it.

I talked to at least 20 members that weren't happy with the way the meet went.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
          thats like saying "i have more money than you". It doesn't mean shit if you can't enjoy it. So having that many cars doesn't mean 1 damn thing if A LOT of the members didn't enjoy it.

I talked to at least 20 members that weren't happy with the way the meet went.
          well i would like to know who these members are. mad people like being fake. ive got nothing but people saying that they enjoyed the meet.

but as i stated before. my next meet, bring beer if you want. and when the VA cops com in and disperse everyone, pay us all for gas, food, and give us a place to stay for the night. oh and bring your stuff. because being that they're are minors there and the cops see them drinking beer, ILL get in trouble being that im the organizer. so ill lose my licence for a year.

you have NO clue at all of how VA and Md cops are so dont being to talk about "oh you cant have a cars without beers." sounds like a drinking problem. all they need is that one reason to pull in and send everyone home. it would be a real shame if people got sent home 20min after they got there because some idiot wanted to bring beer to a park that has a sign posted at the entrance "NO ALCOHOL". cops arrest people for lying and being deceitful. mad you would want to be part of that crowd. but then again, doing all this talking isnt getting anywhere to you because you've never lived in VA or MD. nor will those glasses let anything but your own words get thru your head.

Comment

Well then go some where it is allowed.

Just like I don't understand how much cops may be dicks in this area, you have no idea how to organize a good meet since you haven't been to any real great meet that people across the COUNTRY came to and will always remember.

Comment

Just like I don't understand how much cops may be dicks in this area, you have no idea how to organize a good meet since you haven't been to any real great meet that people across the COUNTRY came to and will always remember.
              why should i? so someone can drink too much, wreck someones car, wreck their own car, get in a fight, or do some other harm to them self as well as others? no. i know how humans are when in a mass crowd and added alcohol to that is a bad mix. while your here on the east coast, see how many cops flock around a hang out spot or see how many cops tell you to go home if they see you drinking.

matter of fact, since your here with steve, yall go out, find a hang out spot, bring some beers, and make sure its in a an area that the police monitor on a regular basis and see what kind of trouble you get into. and be sure to sit the case of beer to where they can see it and have minors drinking too. see who gets sent to jail.

i dont have money to fly around the country to see how everyone elses meets are organized. you may have that free time. but i dont. plus i would like to drive my car. driving home with alcohol in your system isnt the best of things you should do. the cops watch the import crowd enough. why give them another reason to ticket you or send you to jail?

Comment

also. i dont care if people dont come from across the country to come to one of my meets. i dont expect them too. they have lives and not gonna come over just to hang out for a day for a car meet then go back home.

Comment

Man,

It sucks reading about what people think went wrong or what could have been better. If you think about it, where else would you find such a diverse group of people just hanging out in one area like this? I'm sure if it wasn't for this site, very few of us who didn't know each other would step up and introduce themselves to another, much less speak. Shadow1 put his thing together and it was good. I feel that I personally should have brought my own grill and charcoal or maybe even a basket ball hoop or horseshoes or something for entertainment. But that's something that I will take up on my own and make sure I do it for the next time. I take responsibility for not thinking about that but I wont let that happen next time. I am not going to spend time finding fault about this day. Cops didn't harass us, no one got arrested, it didn't rain, no one ran out of gas or broke down. I'm going to dwell on those things instead. Save the negativity for someone else.

If the shoe fit, wear it. But man lets concentrate on what's good about the meet. Look at those sick pictures! Check out those phat ideas for interior/exterior/engine bay. Look what I copped at the meet. I want to read more of that man...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116662

Comment

this thread done went to hell, it will see 150 pages before you guys agree on anything. its pointless to fight ovr something like that. some meets are small/some meets are big/some have loads of money pumped into them,some dont. IN THE END, IT IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!
                    UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                    NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex View Post
                      this thread done went to hell, it will see 150 pages before you guys agree on anything. its pointless to fight ovr something like that. some meets are small/some meets are big/some have loads of money pumped into them,some dont. IN THE END, IT IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!
                      I agree. I enjoyed my Sunday.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116662

Comment

Originally posted by Wutlis View Post
                        I agree. I enjoyed my Sunday.
                        its simple, you stand around an dont go up to people, then hey!! guess you will not get to know anyone, fuck a group if i went i would of tried to talk to everyone even if they didnt talk back
                        UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

it wasnt anything close to the florida meet, we all know that duh!!! there was a ton of money an lots of other things pumped into that meet. but everyone got to see lots of nice cars, nobody went to jail, nobody crashed, look on the bright side of things. it was a safe day for everyone
                          UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex View Post
                            it wasnt anything close to the florida meet, we all know that duh!!! there was a ton of money an lots of other things pumped into that meet. but everyone got to see lots of nice cars, nobody went to jail, nobody crashed, look on the bright side of things. it was a safe day for everyone
                            actually, someone DID crash.

Comment

actually, someone DID crash.
                              thought it was just a lil fender bender .............
                              UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

I guess if you wanna call it that. All I know is someone rear ended some other member. It was pretty fucked up if you ask me. I mean..not something that called for an ambulance or anything, but still.

Comment

Working...
                                X