X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
    amen.

If people start getting out of control, kick them out. It's that easy. We had PLENTY to drink at the meet( at least I did, was probably the first one drunk) and no one got out of control. Those sorts of people don't need to be hanging around us anyways.

But I'd say you have other issues to worry about before drinking, such as people revving the hell out of their engines in parking lots, accelerating like they're racing for no reason and just being obnoxious. THAT'S that kind of shit that will get you kicked out of a public place with the quickness.

Make it out to a few BIG meets elsewhere, you'll get some ideas on how to really run shit.
    ewwwww people where doing that
    UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
    NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Originally posted by 90-JDMCB7 View Post

DAMN I missed the alcohol at AFM 08!
      See, this is how careful we were about the alcohol. It's also very illegal to be drinking in FL. Probably everywhere, but the cops are not much nicer in FL just so you know. Especially to Hondas.

Tony, I was drinking everytime I talked to you at the AFM 08 dude, lol.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

amen.

If people start getting out of control, kick them out. It's that easy. We had PLENTY to drink at the meet( at least I did, was probably the first one drunk) and no one got out of control. Those sorts of people don't need to be hanging around us anyways.

But I'd say you have other issues to worry about before drinking, such as people revving the hell out of their engines in parking lots, accelerating like they're racing for no reason and just being obnoxious. THAT'S that kind of shit that will get you kicked out of a public place with the quickness.

Make it out to a few BIG meets elsewhere, you'll get some ideas on how to really run shit.

i had in the rules no revving. next time i WILL be sending those people home. i heard a few of them doing that and i told them to cut it real quick. thats another thing va cops look for. thats when they all come in and tell everyone to go home or they'll start writing tickets.

but you and JaK live in VA for a few months and do the car thing and with beer in public places and see how far you get with the cops. you'll have your car impounded and have fines out your butt. i know how the cops in VA are so i plan for them. not on ways to deceive them. thats one thing that will tick a cop off is you lying or trying to trick them. Florida cops must be lax because the stuff yall do down there wont last in VA for more than 5min before you have people going to jail, getting $500-$1k "must fix fines" and peoples cars getting impounded.

JDMchristan got pulled for his exhaust on the way home. what would have happened if he had beer on his breath? as i said. i know VA cops. i know how to plan for them.

Comment

this is something that ive always known, IF YOU DRINK, DONT DRIVE, IF YOU DRIVE DONT DRINK, if i would have drank at the meet, i would have not have taken my car PERIOD, thats just my personal opinion. i love to drink dont get me wrong but bad decisions are bound to get broken when alcohol is involved.
          Last edited by illestatus; 03-23-2009, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by h22anow View Post
            this is something that ive always known, IF YOU DRINK, DONT DRIVE, IF YOU DRIVE DONT DRINK, if i would have drank at the meet, i would have not have taken my car PERIOD, thats just my personal opinion.
            thanx you. and most wanted to bring their car. i drove my own car and by myself. and im sure most others did too. so drinking and having a friend drive is out.

Comment

werd me too lol
              I Miss My Cb7!

Comment

See, this is how careful we were about the alcohol. It's also very illegal to be drinking in FL. Probably everywhere, but the cops are not much nicer in FL just so you know. Especially to Hondas.

Tony, I was drinking everytime I talked to you at the AFM 08 dude, lol.
                shit dude....so you were drunk the whole time...dam...I thought that was your normal crazy self....lol

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
                ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by h22anow View Post
                    i guess not everyone was happy with the turnout, i believe that there is always room for improvement, this was my first meet and im expecting alot more for the next meet, im new at this site and do not know everyone, BUT im slowly getting to know people and i am making good friends, but i wasnt expecting to make friends with everyone that showed up at the meet. i overall think that the meet was great, alot of great cars showed up

Every meet I go to is different....I am not going to compare them or rate them....they are just different and that’s what I enjoy about them. One cant really compare the Florida meet to the Va me though....totally different scale, and the location in Florida was most desirable!

A 2 day meet vs. an afternoon meet...just no comparison whatsoever, as it was said, there is always room for improvement for every meet.

If I had to say was this meet a failure or success...I would say success...what was "planned" is what happened. No contest was planned....so there was no judging and no awards. No organized group shots were planned so none took place...no specific on were to set up the grills and when to start cooking so we ordered pizza.

Paying to enter the park was an unforeseen mishap...I hated getting up off my 7 bucks...but oh well shit happens...luckily the VA residents didn’t have to pay!

This was "not" a waste of my time...I drove 6 hours one way and had a blast....met new people...seen some nice azz cars....and made it home safely, so all in all I give it a

Now...yes I cant wait for the ATL meet next month...and I am already making plans for AFM '09, so the bar was set last year with AFM '08...I am expecting great things this year in Florida and hopefully will bring some fresh new ideas to the car scene!

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
                    ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

Hey thanks JaK FRoSTWhiTE, I obviously don't browse the site enough to look under 'site features' just cuz past galleries were posted under a regional sticky. it's all good tho

Damn....didn't realize there was such harsh comments for the meet. This is the 2nd 'annual' by the way --- for those who didn't make it out last time, it was basically the SAME EXACT meet as last year's except::
                      1. OK YES, the drive from the mall to the park was not organized by the 'leaders' this year (where last year, the 'leaders' didn't take off full speed -- then pull to the shoulder and WAIT take pics when people finally caught up and trickled by...TERRENCE!). It did kind of ruin the drive through the back roads.
                      1. yes, there was a charge for admission, which is not normal. probably something new from virginia state -- since the country is in the toilet and what not...and the fee almost ruined the meet even more. i'm actually surprised that more people didn't turn around. I was the first few that got in first and i was like fuck.........what's taking everyone so long??
                      1. so from there, parking and food and everything else was improvised...therefore success was limited

other than that, given the few kinks...the rest of the day was fine, given the midatlantic is known for FLAKING...and is nowhere close to ATL or FL (yet).

i remember when people barely signed up for last year's meet until some 'known' users said they were goin -- then everyone else hopped on...and shadow didnt even make it then.
                      Last edited by sin2k5; 03-23-2009, 10:44 PM.

Member's Ride Thread | DMV Summer Meet 2011
                      Q: Why is your pants around your ankles? Answer

Comment

i think the meet was good even tho yes there was alot of confusion,very unorganized,i barely met fellow member atleast we shoulda have name tag to know who is who,i wanted to meet some of the member but like jose said they had they own liltle crow and i felt like they had attitute when we arrive at the mall but hope next year would be much betta,the md crew was mad cool props for them
                        I Miss My Cb7!

Comment

Originally posted by USDM_CB7 View Post
                          i think the meet was good even tho yes there was alot of confusion,very unorganized,i barely met fellow member atleast we shoulda have name tag to know who is who,i wanted to meet some of the member but like jose said they had they own liltle crow and i felt like they had attitute when we arrive at the mall but hope next year would be much betta,the md crew was mad cool props for them
                          oh yea, someone actually did created nametag things last year (i forget who -- BIGJOE?), but it was their own initiative, which was definately cool and goin out of the way. seriously tho, most of the attendees this year weren't listed anyway....oh well. and yea, last year seemed more friendly, i guess, since this time cars were scattered at that side of the mall and the park was a hike from one side to the other! lol. we parked in the damn center last time....instead of CBs by the water and NON-CB outcasts by the forest?
                          Last edited by sin2k5; 03-24-2009, 12:24 AM.

Member's Ride Thread | DMV Summer Meet 2011
                          Q: Why is your pants around your ankles? Answer

Comment

Paying to enter the park was an unforeseen mishap...I hated getting up off my 7 bucks...but oh well shit happens...luckily the VA residents didn’t have to pay!
                            im a va resident and paid the same 7 bucks so did the car behind me

the rebuild!
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...50#post2073450

Comment

Originally posted by sin2k5 View Post
                              oh yea, someone actually did created nametag things last year (i forget who -- BIGJOE?), but it was their own initiative, which was definately cool and goin out of the way. seriously tho, most of the attendees this weren't listed anyway....oh well. and yea, last year seemed more friendly, i guess, since more cars were scattered at that side of the mall and the park was a hike from one side to the other! lol. we parked in the damn center last time....instead of CBs by the water and NON-CB outcasts by the forest?
                              if they did that last year then they soulda ketp it this year that more people went i mean thats how i got to meet alot of people when i drove 21hours to the florida meet but its cool i dont regret going to this meet cuz altought the meet was ok i still had a blast with the few people i met there!!!
                              Last edited by USDM_CB7; 03-24-2009, 12:07 AM.
                              I Miss My Cb7!

Comment

Originally posted by sin2k5 View Post
                                oh yea, someone actually did created nametag things last year (i forget who -- BIGJOE?), but it was their own initiative, which was definately cool and goin out of the way. seriously tho, most of the attendees this year weren't listed anyway....oh well. and yea, last year seemed more friendly, i guess, since this time cars were scattered at that side of the mall and the park was a hike from one side to the other! lol. we parked in the damn center last time....instead of CBs by the water and NON-CB outcasts by the forest?
                                The reason why the CB's had to park by the water was because the park authorities were bitching about the boats and whatnot having to be there, so we just told everyone to park on the sides so they wouldnt say anything.

And about having to pay the 7 bucks, I didnt even know, and I live 5 minutes from there.

And about the drive to the park, it was a little disappointing that we ALL couldnt drive together. I think I led the group you were in sin2k5. i was in the gold 6thgen.

Overall, I had fun at the meet. Me and my crew actually came back to see if anyone was still there, because we knew some of you guys were going north and we were tryna cruise down rt.1 or GW parkway.
                                Team DFTFC
                                Northern Virginia 703
                                Member rides thread

Comment

Working...
                                X