Underground.Society chat thread V. 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sideswipe View Post
    It's all good homie, I know I'll see them soon enough. On a different note..........................who's the brake guru up in this place because I've got a serious problem that needs to be fixed ASAP!
    whats the problem
    UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
    NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex View Post
      whats the problem

When I apply the brakes I'm not getting the proper pressure to slow the car right and to make matters worse, once I am stopped my foot will slowly starting heading to the floor and my car will start rolling which is now making me have to use my e-brake to keep it stopped. I checked the rubber lines running to the calipers because I figured that they were flexing because of old age but they were fine, not even warm. I can't be driving around like this because the people around drive like idiots so it's only a matter of time that someone cuts me off or something and damn............................................ no brakes.
      Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

When I apply the brakes I'm not getting the proper pressure to slow the car right and to make matters worse, once I am stopped my foot will slowly starting heading to the floor and my car will start rolling which is now making me have to use my e-brake to keep it stopped. I checked the rubber lines running to the calipers because I figured that they were flexing because of old age but they were fine, not even warm. I can't be driving around like this because the people around drive like idiots so it's only a matter of time that someone cuts me off or something and damn............................................ no brakes.
        are they sticking ??? do you have proper fluid levels ???
        UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

master cylinder might be going bad
          UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

x2 on that one, if your loosing pressure when stopped main idication of bad MC. Try the new lines anyways and if that doesn't help you know it's the MC. Fluid levels ok?

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
            "The Turtle"
            DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

are they sticking ??? do you have proper fluid levels ???
              Checked the fluid level, it's good. What are the odds that the fluid is no good anymore, or does that happen anyways?

That's what I'm thinking it is, or part of what it is.

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
              x2 on that one, if your loosing pressure when stopped main idication of bad MC. Try the new lines anyways and if that doesn't help you know it's the MC. Fluid levels ok?

Lines felt fine after driving, think I'm just going to get a new mc and new lines with completely new fluid. That should do it...................I hope.

Comment

I can garentee the new lines, MC, fluid will fix it. Practicaly a brand new brake sys. The fluid could be the prob, might want to get it completey flushed and then see if that fixes it.

"The Turtle"
                DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                  I can garentee the new lines, MC, fluid will fix it. Practicaly a brand new brake sys. The fluid could be the prob, might want to get it completey flushed and then see if that fixes it.

How would you suggest flushing it, just keep bleeding it till all the fluid is gone from the system? Never flushed brake lines before though I wouldn't think that it would be too hard, just don't want to do anything wrong and mess something else up.

Comment

How would you suggest flushing it, just keep bleeding it till all the fluid is gone from the system? Never flushed brake lines before though I wouldn't think that it would be too hard, just don't want to do anything wrong and mess something else up.
                    Basically, start at the rr and then the lr, rf, and lf. They make kit's, you might be able to borry one from auto zone or advance. All you have to do is bleed them till you get clear fluid out of the bleeder. Tip: get a small hose and push on the bleeder and then stick it in a jar, with the end of the hose smerged in brake fluid. It will take a good bit of fluid, might as well get a little extra to be safe.

"The Turtle"
                    DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

What's up guys, just a little update on the CB.............................yesterday I blackhoused my headlights and installed my fogs. I posted a new pic on my mr thread, check it out! I'm going to wash my ride today or tomorrow before I take more/better pics, it's dirty as hell because of all the rain we've been getting lately.
                      Last edited by sideswipe; 05-31-2009, 06:28 PM.

Comment

What's up guys, just a little update on the CB.............................yesterday I blackhoused my headlights and installed my fogs. I posted a new pic on my mr thread, check it out! I going to wash my ride today or tomorrow before I take more/better pics, it's dirty as hell because of all the rain we've been getting lately.
                        good shit homie i gotta blackhouse mine stiiiiiiiiiiilllll
                        UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

What's up guys, just a little update on the CB.............................yesterday I blackhoused my headlights and installed my fogs. I posted a new pic on my mr thread, check it out! I going to wash my ride today or tomorrow before I take more/better pics, it's dirty as hell because of all the rain we've been getting lately.
                          that looks so freakin hot man. really liking the headlights with the fogs. your car looks complete now. lol.

come up next weekend and you'll get them done

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                            that looks so freakin hot man. really liking the headlights with the fogs. your car looks complete now. lol.

might try an do them myself, that way i gain that lil bit of knowledge
                            UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

there you go. aww....*sniff* my boy is growing up...

Comment

Yes you do.

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post

Getting there but not quite yet.

Man, it's really not that big of a deal to do, the only thing that really took a bunch of time was the masking. Turned out pretty good though.

Comment

Working...
                                X