This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 92cord View Post
    Michael, go to www.pullapart.com. The only one around is on W. 130th in Cleveland, but they are building one on the East side of Cleveland as well. One of the best organized junk yards that I've ever been to. I sent ya a pm as well.
    Thats amazing! they need to build something like that closer to me haha...

All the junkyards I go to are all muddy, and have grass everywhere so its hard to get parts...

They don't get new cars to often either...

Btw wheres the thread for the reformoitory? Im to lazy to find it. Spoon feed mee!

Comment

Well, so far the plan is as follows for getting the boys back up to Columbus.

Next Friday night I'll drop off the younger kids at the mother in law's, pick up a rental car (Vans are retardedly expensive to rent - four times as much as a car, not to mention fuel costs are double), drive to FL with the wife riding shotgun, throw as much of the boys stuff as possible in the trunk, throw as much of the boys as possible into the back seat, turn around and drive back. We'll swap driving and napping so we should be back Sunday morning.

We added it up, and it's about $300 bucks or so for the car and gas. It's a strain on the budget, but still cheaper than plane tickets on short notice, and this way there won't be any excuses from the ex about getting them to the airport or anything else.

Comment

Dude!

This is one of the rare times experiance from my job might be helpful to folks here.

I take phone calls for Priceline.

Do a "Name Your Own Price" (N.Y.O.P.) for a minivan and ya should be able to get it way cheaper than a full price rental.

Priceline only deals with Alamo, Avis, Budget, Hertz,and National on NYOP rentals so ya wont get some crappy 6 year old heap from someplace like "rent-a-wreck". All rental car reservations booked through Priceline are unlimted mileage as well.

* * * IMPORTANT * * *

on the last page where ya gotta put in yer credit card info and your initials .... * TRIPLE CHECK * all the reservation info before ya hit the "buy my reservation now" button at the bottom, even if yer sure ya did it right, TRIPLE CHECK IT ANYWAY! Priceline is merciless if ya screw it up.

A huge part of my job is calls from fools that put in the wrong month for their reservation, or they misspelled their own name, or they booked a flight to Rochester, New York when they wanted to go to Rochester, Minnesota and they didn't check it before they booked it.

* * ps. dont even think about booking a name your own price airfare or a hotel reservation lower than 3 stars! Bad idea all around on those. crappy crappy flight times and flea-bag hotels.
        Last edited by Rfugitt; 10-04-2008, 10:12 PM.

Mods so far:
        2.25 inch Cat Back, Cold Air Intake / Prefilter / AEM Bypass, Engine Ground Kit, 92 Vigor Rear Sway Bar, H&R Sport Springs / Tokico Struts, BMW "Bottlecap" Wheels, Integra Front Lip, 3G Prelude Seats, SE-i Armrest / Cupholders, OEM Spoiler, Sunroof and Window Visors, 87 Accord Side Moulding, Tinted Windows / Tailights / Side-markers / Turn Signals, Carbon Fiber Hood

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
          Btw wheres the thread for the reformoitory? Im to lazy to find it. Spoon feed mee!
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116102

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
          Well, so far the plan is as follows for getting the boys back up to Columbus.

Next Friday night I'll drop off the younger kids at the mother in law's, pick up a rental car (Vans are retardedly expensive to rent - four times as much as a car, not to mention fuel costs are double), drive to FL with the wife riding shotgun, throw as much of the boys stuff as possible in the trunk, throw as much of the boys as possible into the back seat, turn around and drive back. We'll swap driving and napping so we should be back Sunday morning.

We added it up, and it's about $300 bucks or so for the car and gas. It's a strain on the budget, but still cheaper than plane tickets on short notice, and this way there won't be any excuses from the ex about getting them to the airport or anything else.
          Sorry to hear about all of that Jon. I hope all goes well for ya man .
          R.I.P. Molly, you will be missed. Only 16 and your life taken away from an irresponsible driver. (10/14/08)

Sold to: Boost_Lee | Cby0 | CB710AE | CB7lx91 | Davids92Accord | Driftspec310 | F22HB | sunburn | Wed3k

Comment

Rob - I'll check that out. It's not the rental so much as the fuel that's expensive. I think the lower mileage might offset any savings through priceline, but I will look into it.

Doug, thanks for the support brother. I'm a friggin ball of anxiety and probably will be until I have everything straightened out.

Comment

cars in peices again
              WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Originally posted by sunburn View Post
                cars in peices again

I told you to stop playing with explosives around your car Jeff!!!
                R.I.P. Molly, you will be missed. Only 16 and your life taken away from an irresponsible driver. (10/14/08)

Sold to: Boost_Lee | Cby0 | CB710AE | CB7lx91 | Davids92Accord | Driftspec310 | F22HB | sunburn | Wed3k

Comment

Originally posted by sunburn View Post
                  now that we are getting toward of the end season i would like to hear ideas for meets for next year as well as the winter.

make em good , let hear em
                  This one is for next year...

I want to book a cottage for a couple nights at Buck Creek State Park in Springfield. The cottages are big enough to sleep 6-8 people easily. (no sleeping on the ground, Jake ) They have a kitchen, tv/dvd, fire ring, grill. Of course, all donations for the food and cost of cottage will gladly accepted. Let me know what you all think.
                  CB7 wife, BMW mother, Z24 owner

www.ohioaccords.com/phpbb

R.I.P. JOJO...WE MISS YOU

Comment

Originally posted by sunshine372 View Post
                    This one is for next year...

I want to book a cottage for a couple nights at Buck Creek State Park in Springfield. The cottages are big enough to sleep 6-8 people easily. (no sleeping on the ground, Jake ) They have a kitchen, tv/dvd, fire ring, grill. Of course, all donations for the food and cost of cottage will gladly accepted. Let me know what you all think.
                    u mean for a meet?

Comment

Originally posted by kc8enb07 View Post
                      u mean for a meet?
                      yep! i'll even cook.

with jeff and jake being from springfield originally, i'm sure they could find some roads for everyone to drive around on
                      Last edited by sunshine372; 10-06-2008, 12:03 PM.
                      CB7 wife, BMW mother, Z24 owner

www.ohioaccords.com/phpbb

R.I.P. JOJO...WE MISS YOU

Comment

Should make another thread and make a list of dates for meets/shows/track events (etc.) for next year?

Comment

Should make another thread and make a list of dates for meets/shows/track events (etc.) for next year?
                          We think a like I was thinking about that today ...

I 'll get to it in a min

Comment

The meet thread is up

thanks doug

Comment

I'd just like to say that at night, when I'm sleeping, deep in my dreams, I hear the tiny tiny click of a microswitch and the roar of fifty extra ponies.

I am going to be so fucking bummed out if my kit gets canceled. The sheer joy of getting a nitrous kit actually overwhelmed my rage at the ex for her negligence. I guess it's already been valuable in that regard, but damn, I can't wait to hit the button.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                                I'd just like to say that at night, when I'm sleeping, deep in my dreams, I hear the tiny tiny click of a microswitch and the roar of fifty extra ponies.

I am going to be so fucking bummed out if my kit gets canceled. The sheer joy of getting a nitrous kit actually overwhelmed my rage at the ex for her negligence. I guess it's already been valuable in that regard, but damn, I can't wait to hit the button.

i know bro I will be happy if they come , but I dont think they will .

Comment

Working...
                                X