Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NJ/Philly meet - *postponed until November* In honor of MRX - planning thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah definetly shooting for 2nd week of december or so right after college is done as far as i know. damn all these people wanna tune, antoine might have to stay for a while lol we will be using the Philly Dyno Works DynoJet research dyno for tuning. if any of u want to dyno it it 65$ for 4 pulls but since we prolly will have a at least 2 cars it might be a little cheaper, not much because its already cheap for dyno time.
    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

$65 for 4 pulls?

I've never tuned on a dyno before, so I really have no idea what can be accomplished with 4 pulls. Antoine, what can a good tuner do with 4 pulls?

I certainly won't be ready by December, but I'm down if we can ever get that same deal in the future! Once I get my cams in, I'll be dying to tune! Of course, I'll probably want to tune cams, ignition timing, AF, and whatever else I can adjust! I just may have nitrous at that time too! Antoine, you might be getting a call from me!

Comment

Originally posted by H22AccordCPT
        lol.. i was referring to 61st... Hess is like home to fast cars in philly...lol
        so true. lmao
        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
          Antoine, what can a good tuner do with 4 pulls?
          depends on the setup and how many things need to be adjusted. If a person is boosted, has a cam gear, maybe even a different cam, adj. FPR and other mods like that it can take some time. But for the most part The timing on my f22 maps are decently set and don't need too much modification. I can usually completely flat line the a/f ratio in about 3 runs, and we can do that on the street and save the ignition tuning for the dyno. By the way i just ordered the ostrich .
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Dammit... I'm too tired to think of a clever response to that mysterious ostrich... What the hell are you talking about?

For the H22, I'm planning on installing some Rocket Motorsports cams, AEM cam gears (had em for over a year now... sitting in the basement), probably some MSD ignition junk, and my chipped P28 (whenever I see mikey again...) I suppose that would most likely take a decent amount of pulls to tune properly, huh?

Comment

i have a general idea about which direction the cam gears wanna go (and so do you) so i'd say the cam gears would take about 4-6 pulls by themselves just to make sure theres no additional power gained at other settings ya know? The ignition tuning would make up for about a full hour of tuning so i'd say an hour of tuning for your setup deev...seeing as the a/f is really easy for me now.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

oh and the ostrich is the realtime emulator remember...the one where i don't even have to turn the car off to burn a new map!

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                  oh and the ostrich is the realtime emulator remember...the one where i don't even have to turn the car off to burn a new map!
                  they should have ccalled it the emu . . . that would have been ironic/funny
                  -Mark-
                  CB7
                  CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                  Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Reviving this thread too. Plane tickets have been booked for 03-10-06 through 03-12-06
                    Dyno is still 4 pulls for $65 or so. If anybody wants to join in that'd be great.

Comment

Working...
                    X