Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nor*Cal what did you do to your car recently?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FuncOvrForm
    euro in front of my house
    sweet. hey b, let me swap u c-pillar bar? remember mine is fucked up on the end it screws in.
    Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
    -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Possibly out of the game

Possibly out of the CB7 scene.... $1800 in maintenance parts/labor to attempt B.A.R and now a unexpected faulty timing belt jumped my timing so now I probably have bent valves. Car died on me on my way out of the parking lot at work as I came to a stop sign. It felt like I lost power and the car stalled. I tried starting the car several times and thought possibly my distributor or igniter/coil went out like my past CB. Replaced the whole distributor assembly with my old H22 swap but still no dice. Timing belt looked ok in intact at the time but what the dealer found was missing teeth on the belt.

Dunno if it's worth spending 600+ for timing belt job to + a fresh redone head if the valvetrain is indeed messed up. I'm praying since I was't actually going over 10mph that maybe my valves are ok since I didn't hear anything nasty knocks or chatter of the valves hitting the pistons like my friends DA when he jumped timing. My Car is at the dealer awaiting the good or bad news on the H22 head.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
      JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
      1994 Prelude V-Tec
      1999 CL 3.0
      2000 Prelude
      2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
      1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
      1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
      1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Originally posted by Warudakumi
        Possibly out of the CB7 scene.... $1800 in maintenance parts/labor to attempt B.A.R and now a unexpected faulty timing belt jumped my timing so now I probably have bent valves. Car died on me on my way out of the parking lot at work as I came to a stop sign. It felt like I lost power and the car stalled. I tried starting the car several times and thought possibly my distributor or igniter/coil went out like my past CB. Replaced the whole distributor assembly with my old H22 swap but still no dice. Timing belt looked ok in intact at the time but what the dealer found was missing teeth on the belt.

Dunno if it's worth spending 600+ for timing belt job to + a fresh redone head if the valvetrain is indeed messed up. I'm praying since I was't actually going over 10mph that maybe my valves are ok since I didn't hear anything nasty knocks or chatter of the valves hitting the pistons like my friends DA when he jumped timing. My Car is at the dealer awaiting the good or bad news on the H22 head.
        the h22 is a non-interference motor below VTEC so hopefully your valves are fine

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

Originally posted by Warudakumi

possible two out this week.... sorry to hear tommy trust me i kno how you feel.
          Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Warudakumi just go back to the F22 and make life a lil easier.Part out the H for cash.You can get an f22 for cheap now a days and that'll get you back into the cb7 game. Good luck with the dealer they always charge alot of $$$$. Let me know if you want to get it fixed. I can source out a reliable mech to do the job for a better price then the dealer.I think all us norcal cb7tner can network together we'll find ways of helping you out.Good luck!

Im also attempting BAR right now and Jei at blacktrax says my IAB aint working properly.. so gotta get that fixed soon.
            Hybridnation

Comment

setup an appointment for something minor and ordered another item hopefully it's in by next week.

Comment

got new tires on my saw blades and put them on.
                My RIDE

Comment

nothing

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

i also just picked up a set of sawblades

Bought from: 92acclude, almostJDM, cali-racer, MikeW, rexload, slick, sackingz123, so-calsfinest, lindiz, yeamans17
                    Sold to: timmy0tool, sackingz123, judonoh, jdmhondaman, jdmaccord91,Ofr
                    mycb7.com
                    Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by FuncOvrForm
                      possible two out this week.... sorry to hear tommy trust me i kno how you feel.
                      Happens to the best of us I guess... So whats up with the VW? what did you get a GTI? Jetta? Passat? Golf?

Originally posted by ZeRoCooLCB7R
                      Warudakumi just go back to the F22 and make life a lil easier.Part out the H for cash.You can get an f22 for cheap now a days and that'll get you back into the cb7 game. Good luck with the dealer they always charge alot of $$$$. Let me know if you want to get it fixed. I can source out a reliable mech to do the job for a better price then the dealer.I think all us norcal cb7tner can network together we'll find ways of helping you out.Good luck!

Im also attempting BAR right now and Jei at blacktrax says my IAB aint working properly.. so gotta get that fixed soon.
                      I don't think I can ever go back to the F22... If I did I would be power hungry and would want to boost it at least but then smog comes into mind again. There are many Civic/Integra kids in my area that I have to shut down and a F22 isn't going to cut it. There is a blue EP3 i have yet to get revenge on that messed with me 2x prior to my H22 swap. I don't believe in all bark and no bite, so a F22 won't do. I want the "other" honda crowd to fear our cars...not laugh because we put an exhaust etc. on it.

If my current setup is messed up, my car is going to be sitting for a long time. I may just part it out or get rid of it as a whole if I can't find something quick or if it gets to be a hassle as far as living space. My court i live in right now is congested with cars and sometimes we fight over parking spaces when holidays or special events happen.

Right now they are saying the H23 tensioner conversion needs to go. They are claiming that this is what caused my timing belt to shred in the first place. They attempted to put a new prelude timing belt on the car...but they said it's REALLY tight and the tensioner itself is all the way out providing no adjustment whatsoever. I'm really skeptical the H23 conversion did this as lots of people have been doing this conversion for years. I'm just stumped on what caused my belt to get eaten up like that?
                      I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                      707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                      "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                      '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei
                        Happens to the best of us I guess... So whats up with the VW? what did you get a GTI? Jetta? Passat? Golf?

I don't think I can ever go back to the F22... If I did I would be power hungry and would want to boost it at least but then smog comes into mind again. There are many Civic/Integra kids in my area that I have to shut down and a F22 isn't going to cut it. There is a blue EP3 i have yet to get revenge on that messed with me 2x prior to my H22 swap. I don't believe in all bark and no bite, so a F22 won't do. I want the "other" honda crowd to fear our cars...not laugh because we put an exhaust etc. on it.

If my current setup is messed up, my car is going to be sitting for a long time. I may just part it out or get rid of it as a whole if I can't find something quick or if it gets to be a hassle as far as living space. My court i live in right now is congested with cars and sometimes we fight over parking spaces when holidays or special events happen.

Right now they are saying the H23 tensioner conversion needs to go. They are claiming that this is what caused my timing belt to shred in the first place. They attempted to put a new prelude timing belt on the car...but they said it's REALLY tight and the tensioner itself is all the way out providing no adjustment whatsoever. I'm really skeptical the H23 conversion did this as lots of people have been doing this conversion for years. I'm just stumped on what caused my belt to get eaten up like that?
                        Don't give up so easy. We still need to make the magazine cover. I'm almost done with my prep.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

copped gti vr6... sucks to hear this problem happed to someone else again...
                          Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

are you saying that the f22 cant beat anyone? honda-tech mindset right there.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                              one word,

bisimoto....
                              93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                                i believe he means when it's stock form, which wont make the power he wants

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

Working...
                                X