Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nor*Cal what did you do to your car recently?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Warudakumi View Post
    Dude ditch the vafc2! Can u run a obd2-->obd1 harness and plug in a obd1 ecu? With stage 1 cams u could be making more power but the vafc can't really fine tune.
    The problem with doing the conversion is I lose my ATTS and would still have 42lbs of dead weight. i would have to find a regular H tranny and custom fab a plate for the intermediate shaft, and get base axles too. I rather not go through that, I'll do it if the motor takes a poop though.

edit: i also endure a little more drivetrain loss as well.
    Last edited by BB6-SH; 09-21-2008, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BB6-SH View Post
      The problem with doing the conversion is I lose my ATTS and would still have 42lbs of dead weight. i would have to find a regular H tranny and custom fab a plate for the intermediate shaft, and get base axles too. I rather not go through that, I'll do it if the motor takes a poop though.
      yea i wouldnt bother with all that hassle...just make more power
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
        yea i wouldnt bother with all that hassle...just make more power
        The main problem with my tuning is i can't tune the ignition, which if i could would bounce up my torque a little more. once i graduate i need to make a decision wether or not i will keep the car or not...

Im deciding towards getting a random technology high flow cat, I keep seeing that the carsound one's trigger the CEl to come on. This is where obd-II sucks again.

Comment

whatever happened to keeping it stock and just racing the shit out of it? all this power and where's the application man?

like last night, i mobbed the shit out of the motor, the next owner is going to have a suprise when he/she buys it
          I <3 G60.

Comment

edit: i also endure a little more drivetrain loss as well.
            What about the Greddy E-manage Ultimate? Supposingly that can tune air/fuel and ignition.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
            JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
            1994 Prelude V-Tec
            1999 CL 3.0
            2000 Prelude
            2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
            1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
            1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
            1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

whatever happened to keeping it stock and just racing the shit out of it? all this power and where's the application man?
              fuck stock. What power? I don't have much. And application comes this upcoming summer like it's says in my sig, "getting ready for the track". And i punch it to 7.5k daily does that count.

What about the Greddy E-manage Ultimate? Supposingly that can tune air/fuel and ignition.
              I was looking at it, i wonder if it can advance timing as well. im going to talk to jei and ask what he recommends this upcoming week.

Comment

"getting ready for the track".
                forgot about that :o
                I <3 G60.

Comment

forgot about that :o
                  any closer to getting the motor done yet?

Comment

any closer to getting the motor done yet?
                    was going to hone the cylinder this week but got swamped with work. i still need to order bearings however at 10 bucks a piece it kinda sucks. plus...i know ill need to order more bolts, nuts and seals but i just dont know what right now.

need to order my tool box for deanza so another 800 down the drain. sigh...

what do you think?
                    h22 lsd transmission with a used act flywheel and clutch for 500 bucks? the clutch and flywheel is probably worth 200 so that kinda offsets the cost a bit.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

was going to hone the cylinder this week but got swamped with work. i still need to order bearings however at 10 bucks a piece it kinda sucks. plus...i know ill need to order more bolts, nuts and seals but i just dont know what right now.

need to order my tool box for deanza so another 800 down the drain. sigh...

what do you think?
                      h22 lsd transmission with a used act flywheel and clutch for 500 bucks? the clutch and flywheel is probably worth 200 so that kinda offsets the cost a bit.
                      Id say go for it.

Comment

Heres what i've done so far. rota d2. 17x7.5 front 17x8.5 rear. JDM headlight.

I think the silver looks better?

Comment

Had my Header installed today. Car feels so much better now, still need to rid of the stock cat though. I need to dish out the cash for those new carsound obd-II compliant ones.

Comment

Had my Header installed today. Car feels so much better now, still need to rid of the stock cat though. I need to dish out the cash for those new carsound obd-II compliant ones.

Fuck carsound, A cat is still a cat......a pussy is still a pussy right? It still will be robbing power somewhat. Nothing is better than he oem cat when you are trying to smog and if I were you I'll keep your oem since u have cams which may make it harder down the road depending what else you do with your motor. Just get a removable test pipe or better yet a exhaust cutout and you will be happier. You can get a o2 simulator so you won't throw a cel.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                            JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                            1994 Prelude V-Tec
                            1999 CL 3.0
                            2000 Prelude
                            2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                            1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                            1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
                            1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

a pussy is still a pussy right?

better yet a exhaust cutout and you will be happier.
                              Exhaust cutout for the win, hands down. I don't understand why everyone doesn't do this for street performance applications.
                              - Ghosty
                              WTB: MAP sensor (2+bar), IAT sensor, ECU & dizzy harness plugs... PM me!
                              FS: coupe window rain guards, f22a6 intake & ex mani, cams, PT6 ECU, valve cover, dizzy caps, OEM fogs... PM me!

Comment

Fuck carsound, A cat is still a cat......a pussy is still a pussy right? It still will be robbing power somewhat. Nothing is better than he oem cat when you are trying to smog and if I were you I'll keep your oem since u have cams which may make it harder down the road depending what else you do with your motor. Just get a removable test pipe or better yet a exhaust cutout and you will be happier. You can get a o2 simulator so you won't throw a cel.
                                ECS ftw, thanks for the info tommy.

Here are pics of my header installed

Comment

Working...
                                X