Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from what i understand the dohc was on its way out so they put a sohc f22 in. it wont be there for too long im sure

my ride

Comment

Originally posted by zack_odom View Post
      Alex is swapping?!?!!
      MOTOR IS DONE?!?!! WHHAAAAA?
      Yes, I swapped back to SOHC (Corban Dallas/ Kyle's old F22A1)

Originally posted by ric3rboi23 View Post
      wait.. what? details man, DETAILS!
      Originally posted by joekt View Post
      from what i understand the dohc was on its way out so they put a sohc f22 in. it wont be there for too long im sure
      Yeah, the DOHC had about a quart of oil in it and I had not checked it since the last oil change (about 5000mi.)

I drove to Southcenter and when I got off the freeway, it sounded like I was running with an intake. When I stopped at a light, the oil light flickered and the motor died

I started it back up and it just bogged and felt kind of gutless. I hit a Chevron, waited about 5-6 min and checked the oil. Had about a quart in it So I bought 3 more and added them and drove off and it was still bogging and the oil light kept flickering and every time I stepped on the brakes to stop it would basically stall out and die.

Called Joser and told him the issue (he called me a dumbass and a fucker which I am for NOT CHECKING THE OIL ENOUGH), asked if wanted to swqap the motor and he was nice enough to come over and help swap it along with Gage.

Thank you both for helping me out in need, I am now rolling a F22A1 w/F22B DOHC intake manifold. Car feels a tad slower than before but I can handle it till I have everything in line for my build.

I think this is the MOST I have ever written on this board.
      3 CB's gone....
      1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

glad to hear all worked out let me know if you need anything from jy nig

Comment

wait a minute..is Father Time = Alex?

Im confused....screen name change?
          or am I way off?
          MadLab Racing
          Southern Maryland

Comment

lol, yeah thats alex.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Weather is awesome.
              Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by DRQPQUT View Post
                glad to hear all worked out let me know if you need anything from jy nig
                Dude, thank you so much for that dizzy man. You SAVED my ass.

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                lol, yeah thats alex.
                How was the drive? Hope you were able to sleep some and had Torrets drive some of the way back.
                Last edited by Father Time; 05-28-2009, 07:01 PM.
                3 CB's gone....
                1 WK Overland....

Comment

I'm supposed to be sleeping right now, lol.f

The drive sucked. Turrets didn't drive. I dropped him off in Yakima and made him walk home because no ones supposed to know he was with me. I guess his mom called in and reported him missing to the authorities,

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I'm supposed to be sleeping right now, lol.f

The drive sucked. Turrets didn't drive. I dropped him off in Yakima and made him walk home because no ones supposed to know he was with me. I guess his mom called in and reported him missing to the authorities,
                    No shit? He is going to be in DEEP shit when he gets home. Hope he has a good story.
                    3 CB's gone....
                    1 WK Overland....

Comment

I guess his mom called in and reported him missing to the authorities,
                      HAHAHAHAHAHA pwnt
                      峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Comment

holy shit buckets you swapped back to sohc . . . so I take it youre building the f22b now?
                          F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
                          My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
                          Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

Originally posted by DA92CB7 View Post
                            holy shit buckets you swapped back to sohc . . . so I take it youre building the f22b now?
                            Slowly, like an old person on oxygen.
                            3 CB's gone....
                            1 WK Overland....

Comment

Originally posted by Father Time View Post
                              Then go buy a gasket kit and do work. It's NOT hard.
                              Replacing those is how I my step dad and I managed to break a bolt, then break a bolt extractor, and then jb weld the head on. Glad that thing is gone.

Comment

I dropped him off in Yakima and made him walk home because no ones supposed to know he was with me. I guess his mom called in and reported him missing to the authorities,
                                is he not old enough to take care of himself or mom just over protective

Comment

Working...
                                X