Socal Whats new with your RIDE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys, i got a question.

when i install coilovers, is there anything else i need to do besides an alignment and such. i have 17 in rims. would i need camber kits or whatever? please help me out. any info is appreciated. thanks.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

it depends on how low you go, but 17's will show camber wear a lot faster then 15" tires will.

Comment

Originally posted by Davids92Accord
        hey what color did you paint them???? i was thinking of doing that to my OEM ones since there chrome and the chrome is falling apart
        Hey david, I got a bunch of wheel paint left over if you want to sample colors.

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe
          it depends on how low you go, but 17's will show camber wear a lot faster then 15" tires will.
          hmm, i plan to drop it as much as a 1 finger gap. maybe 1 1/2 finger gap. what's the best thing to do? so i should get a camber kit for front and rear?

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Originally posted by xKingDomeCB7
            hmm, i plan to drop it as much as a 1 finger gap. maybe 1 1/2 finger gap. what's the best thing to do? so i should get a camber kit for front and rear?
            1-1.5 Finger gap is like a 2.5" drop on 17s. 17" tires cost a lot more and they will probably be rubber bands anyways, so it would be in your best interest to make them last as long as possible. Unless you have a wide wheel that needs negative camber, just get the front and rear camber kit or get the front with washers in the back.

Comment

1-1.5 Finger gap is like a 2.5" drop on 17s. 17" tires cost a lot more and they will probably be rubber bands anyways, so it would be in your best interest to make them last as long as possible. Unless you have a wide wheel that needs negative camber, just get the front and rear camber kit or get the front with washers in the back.
              my tires are 215/40/17

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Those are 235/45/17, so the sidewall on yours will be even less and will die faster. You can see how much the wheels tilt on the neuspeed race drop which will be about how low you want your car. If I were you I'd spend the extra money now on the camber kit instead of spending more money on tires over time. If I didn't need negative camber to get these wheels to fit then I probably would have installed a camber kit.

Comment

Those are 235/45/17, so the sidewall on yours will be even less and will die faster. You can see how much the wheels tilt on the neuspeed race drop which will be about how low you want your car. If I were you I'd spend the extra money now on the camber kit instead of spending more money on tires over time. If I didn't need negative camber to get these wheels to fit then I probably would have installed a camber kit.

hmm, what kinda camber kits are good? any recommendations?

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Hey david, I got a bunch of wheel paint left over if you want to sample colors.

yea let me get them long since your not using them im gonna leave my rims on just so i can wear out the tires and get me some new ones after i get them fixed and repolished

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
                    "2SIIC"
                    Authentic Jerseys for sale
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

SPC and ingalls are popular choices. If your looking for the rear pm rj (the guy with the white evo) and see if he still has his, and Aaron might still have his front ball joint camber kit.

Comment

any camber kit is good i got an ebay one the brand is SRE anchor bolt camber kit it works perfect i have had no complaints about them and they only costed me 50 shipped all you need to do is just grease up where it bolts up to on the A arm so it wont squeak as for the rear i dont have a camber kit you dont really need them PRIMESNIPER has a 3+ in drop and he doesnt have a camber kit in the back and the car is perfect and straight

oh dont forget that when you do get a camber kit your going to have to grind the tip of the A arm cause if you dont it will hit your fender wall and mes up the arm

"2SIIC"

Comment

Originally posted by Davids92Accord
                          yea let me get them long since your not using them im gonna leave my rims on just so i can wear out the tires and get me some new ones after i get them fixed and repolished
                          What color did you want? I have 3 cans of silver with 1/3rd each and 3 cans of gunmetal with like 1/3rd each. If you're looking for a diff color I might have some brand new cans sitting around.

Comment

let me get the 3 cans of silver and also check if you have any bronze cause i like how that one guy up top did his they came out sick

"2SIIC"

Comment

I'll check for bronze later today.

Comment

alright dude thanks

"2SIIC"

Comment

Working...
                                X