No announcement yet.

Offical: June 20th Meet Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it doesn't look like I'm going to have the new headgasket installed and ready by the time for a meet, my springs haven't arrived yet, waiting on them so I can send the a head out for "refurbishing" . Either way, it won't stop me from making the meet, car still drives/pulls fine, after extended driving, or pushing it hard, I just do what I call "burping" (I relieve the pressure buildup in my cooling system, top off the radiator from the resevoir), and i'm ready to go again.

I only really seem to lose coolant when my overflow bottle well overflows, if I fill the resevoir to just below the min line, and the radiator to full, after I "burp" the cooling system, it ends up back at the same spot, just below the min line. lol
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

so i got to thinking tonite, ive never really met anybody from the forum, in person that is, except for a few in north dallas. so should i get a name tag with my forum name on it? hahahahahaha its late im tired and going to bed, just thought was funny. maybe we should all wear one
      I LOVE My CB7

Comment

Ill wear one that says forum asshole.
        To-Do List for Today
        Be Awesome

Comment

We usually figure out who is who by the sig. Most people havent seen my newer car so this should be fun =D. And it seems a lot of newer members will be attending so that will be eventful. I would suggest round rock raceway also but its kinda late right now.

Cloudasc. Just be careful with the HG issue and with texas heat. I drove with a blown HG from Waco to Dallas not a fun time...Coolant kept on running dry so just keep an eye on that. I had like 3 gallons of extra fluid with me lol. You sure it wasnt your radiator cap giving out also right?

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by 460sx View Post
            Ill wear one that says forum asshole.
            Ill take coinslot.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
              Cloudasc. Just be careful with the HG issue and with texas heat. I drove with a blown HG from Waco to Dallas not a fun time...Coolant kept on running dry so just keep an eye on that. I had like 3 gallons of extra fluid with me lol. You sure it wasnt your radiator cap giving out also right?
              I've been monitoring my HG issue, I have it down to a science, i think i might have bought the car with the issue. (First thing to be replaced on the cooling system was radiator, then I had 4 hoses develop leaks, a thermostat that got stuck open, and i've never pegged my thermo either. I watch my gauges ) Running the A/C in the texas heat, cruising around 80mph on the highway, it takes about 2 hours before I should "burp" it. It only displaces fluid with the hot exhaust gas bubble to the top of the radiator fins, my motor isn't overheating at all, my dash gauge will start reading the "hot air" after sitting at an idle, and all the little bubbles form back together to create a large air pocket.

I have 3 radiator caps, 1 standard cheap one from o'riellys, another pressure relieving safety one, and right now I'm using my mugen. I also have an autometer electric temp sender mounted in the coolant drain plug on the back of the block that actually has numbers, when the temp reads about 190 while cruising on that gauge, its time to "burp". I also have an oil temp sender mounted to the oil block drain plug, I run royal purple and my oil temps never exceed 240 even when pushing it hard in this weather, normal city driving it sits at 212 after fully warmed up. I also don't romp on my motor till the oil temp reaches 185.

I also have a Mugen Thermostat & Fan Switch, so I know my thermostat opens at 170*F, and the radiator fan comes on at 180*F. Stock Thermostat and Fan Switch is 180*F & 190*F.

I also carry a bottle of premixed anti-freeze with me at all times, and before I leave anywhere I top it off, and I usually "burp" it when I reach my destination.

Anyone have one of those laser temperature guns? I wouldn't mind seeing what it says my temps are.

After I get my HG fixed can someone tell me the secret to cleaning cooling stains out of an engine compartment?

I've been fighting this demon on and off for the last 60k miles & 3 summers (it only was a problem in washington when temps got in the 80+), like I said in a post in my MRT my car likes colder climates.
              Last edited by cloudasc; 06-18-2009, 02:59 AM.

Comment

I hope this meet is as big as everyone says its going to be. Should be fun

ESP stuff arrived today, so i'll be there

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq
                Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Usually i use brake clean to wipe it off lol. Not recommended but gets the job done then i go over it with water.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

cloudasc, have you tried Blue Devil in your cooling system? I did this to a customers car and he didn't have the problem afterwards. This was like 2 1/2 years ago!!! Car is still running fine. He came to me after being told what a headgasket job was going to cost. I showed him the bottle and the next day put it in his car. End of story.

***It's almost here guys. I have a few people calling me wanting to go. Non-members, but Accord drivers. This should be one huge meet!!!

No flakers!!!!!

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Still try to see if I can go havent finished the car up yet but if not ill just take the cd5.

Comment

Everything in my cooling system is new, and I don't want to fuck it up with some stop-leak. I did that before with my old radiator, not doing it again. Probably the reason why me old thermostat got stuck open. Not going to do that to my Mugen.

Comment

Id just wait but after the meet that would be one of my first priorities. Head gasket swap in the parking lot anyone? lmao haha.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
                            Id just wait but after the meet that would be one of my first priorities. Head gasket swap in the parking lot anyone? lmao haha.
                            its doable but not in this hot ass weather

Comment

Originally posted by gdout90accord View Post
                              its doable but not in this hot ass weather
                              Lack of commitment.
                              To-Do List for Today
                              Be Awesome

Comment

Tru that LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X