Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cleaning engine/engine bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just cover the distribuitor cap with a plastic bag and use engine degreaser but for some reason after engine dries have white looking residue like oxidize all over metal parts and got no idea what can it be.
    May be using the wrong or cheapest products $2 sprays?

Comment

Originally posted by JSMexUsa View Post
      I just cover the distribuitor cap with a plastic bag and use engine degreaser but for some reason after engine dries have white looking residue like oxidize all over metal parts and got no idea what can it be.
      May be using the wrong or cheapest products $2 sprays?
      I used some stuff from black magic or eagle one, I can't remember, but it said spray-n-shine or something. All I was supposed to have to do was warm up the engine a little and then spray it on there. Then it sit for 15-20 minutes and come back and spray it off and voila. No detailing or anything. It would degrease the engine and make it look detailed and everything all at the same time. It made my engine look like I had went mud riding with my cb. They will be getting a letter very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
        Hey I went to the link you posted and still have a question for you. Is it saying that after rinsing the gunk degreaser off to just spray the armor all stuff everywhere and then drive around for half an hour or do you need to drive around first to dry the engine and then aplly the armor all with a rag? Maybe a dumb question but I need to do this pretty badly. Mine isn't as bad as the teg in the pic but it's dirty.
        I spray the armor all while its still wet. You dont have to use armor all, I use a Meguiars foam tire shine. I dont trust Armor all!! lol
        Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
        CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
        Coupe MRT

Comment

Originally posted by lilb_1979 View Post
          I spray the armor all while its still wet. You dont have to use armor all, I use a Meguiars foam tire shine. I dont trust Armor all!! lol
          Yeah I like Meguires. So spray that on there after rinsing the degreaser and then just let the heat from the engine dry it? Don't wipe off the tire shine or anything?

Comment

Yeah I like Meguires. So spray that on there after rinsing the degreaser and then just let the heat from the engine dry it? Don't wipe off the tire shine or anything?
            I sometimes put on too much foam so I wipe off the excess, Or I wash the bay drive home (about 5 minutes away) spray the foam and drive around awhile till the bay stops smookin from me spraying the heat shield!! lol I'm getting better at not spraying it, but its kinda hard to not. Or instead on driving I just keep the car started wile I clean the Interior.

^click for MRT^
            CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
            Coupe MRT

Comment

Hey I went to the link you posted and still have a question for you. Is it saying that after rinsing the gunk degreaser off to just spray the armor all stuff everywhere and then drive around for half an hour or do you need to drive around first to dry the engine and then aplly the armor all with a rag? Maybe a dumb question but I need to do this pretty badly. Mine isn't as bad as the teg in the pic but it's dirty.
              Dont use armor all on tires. It's the worst thing you can do. It eats away at the tire and stains it brown.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2620526 190E Mercedes Benz
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3065882 Accord Under major Repairs

Comment

all these engines make mine look like crap!! i would clean it but like 20 degrees outside!

Comment

cold weather FTL!

^click for MRT^
                  CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
                  Coupe MRT

Comment

tell me this is not dirty... its still got the letters from when it was swapped!

Comment

Originally posted by Chirs190E16v View Post
                      Dont use armor all on tires. It's the worst thing you can do. It eats away at the tire and stains it brown.
                      Did you read the thread? None of this is about tires. It's about using tire products on your engine bay. And the foaming cleaner is different than regular Armor All.

Comment

Originally posted by PENGUIN View Post
                        tell me this is not dirty... its still got the letters from when it was swapped!

Yeah i'm right there with you man. I don't have a better picture right now but you can still see the dirtyness of it. I'll have to get some before and after shots when I go to clean it with this method. It looks a little bit better now than in this pic but it's still nasty looking.

Comment

I might go clean it today, dnt care how cold it is! Atleast my engine runs nice and smooth..!

Comment

PSN: DJ-dlatino
                            My ride
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140370

Comment

i heard armoall cracks the hoses of the engine.

Comment

those are some pretty clean engine bays you guys have for being "dirty."

My engine bay looked like it hadnt been touched in 16 years.

after

a year later

sprayed degreaser everywhere and let it sit for a few minutes and rinsed it with a hose; this got rid of all the loose dirt.

Still wasnt satisfied, so I bought a scrubber with a handle and simple green cleaner and got scrubbing.

Comment

Working...
                                X