Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ebay coilovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebay coilovers?

does any one have the no name coilovers from ebay on there cb and if so how do they ride and wat not ?? FEEL FREE TO POST PICS
    For we were saved in this hope, but hope is that is seen is not hope;
    for why does one still hope for what he sees? ROMANS 8:24

Yeah I role a Honda, yup on 1 Accord with the Lord!!!

My buddy's got some on his EG hatch and they're bumpy as hell. Surprisingly they do help the car handle way better than stock, but his car is always jerking up and down going over bumps.

Comment

they are terrible

from a 0-10 scale they are a 0

save up and just get some springs

Comment

Yes please save up and do it right. ebay coilovers are Junk.
        Its just me

Comment

Save up and get some proper springs AND shocks. I assume anyone that wants ebay coilovers is expecting to put them on their stock 20 year old shocks...

If you're too cheap to modify your suspension properly, you're too cheap to modify your suspension. Buy yourself some stickers and an aluminum wing. Then at least you won't be risking your life with your idiotic mods.

Comment

Personally, I think they are OK for what they are. If you think you're going to put them on beat up stock shocks... you might want to reconsider.

If you got them, and some GOOD (Koni red/yellow or the like) struts though you would be alright. The rates might not be perfect, but you can always pick up some used GC springs later on when funds allow and just use the sleeves that came with the cheapos. Used GC sprigs can be had at a good price on some of the SCCA or GRM forums. Even Ebay from time to time.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
            dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

so what are the right springs n shocks should we get ????????

Comment

Just like AstroVannin said there ok if your going on name brand struts kyb,konis,yokicos,skunk2. But if there going on 20 year old struts dont even think about it. If your on a budget you might want to buy Dropzones full set they do come with lifetime warranty. Some people say there good others say there bad but its up to you. Also there are Skunk2 full set great set-up if you want a firm suspension feel. Its all about what you want the ride feel how much of a drop your wanting and your budget.

Comment

Originally posted by DejectedAngel View Post
                  Just like AstroVannin said there ok if your going on name brand struts kyb,konis,yokicos,skunk2. But if there going on 20 year old struts dont even think about it. If your on a budget you might want to buy Dropzones full set they do come with lifetime warranty. Some people say there good others say there bad but its up to you. Also there are Skunk2 full set great set-up if you want a firm suspension feel. Its all about what you want the ride feel how much of a drop your wanting and your budget.
                  dropzone.but op there is a guy in the classified who has a full skunk 2 set up hes lookin to get rid of.

my new turbo build

Comment

im riding on ebay coilovers with Skunk2 struts. it rides fine and smooth on the highway. doesnt have much on low speeds around the city. still bounces a tad bit but rides good. sideswipe and LeosH22 both have them on KYB GR-2s and both love the ride.

cliff notes:

-if your putting them on your old and beat up OEM struts, dont do it.

-some good aftermarket struts like Koni/Skunk2/KYBs/ect. will make the ride better and keep you from bouncing all over the road.

Comment

check this out:
                      get 30 post, and gotot the classifeds on cb72nr
                      look for used springs
                      buy gr-2s

boom your done

thats what i did, and it cost me 280bucks total

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                        check this out:
                        get 30 post, and gotot the classifeds on cb72nr
                        look for used springs
                        buy gr-2s

boom your done

thats what i did, and it cost me 280bucks total
                        GR2's are a terrible choice for any lowering spring. They're not designed to handle the higher spring rate of lowering springs.

The problem really lies in that CBs are typically a $500-1000 car, so no one wants to spend the $500-700 to buy a proper setup for the car.

Hell, I bought Neuspeed Sport springs and KYB AGX brand new and thought I'd be set because even though KYB themselves don't warranty the AGX to below a 1.5" drop, that I was only at 1.8" in the front. I blew a strut in less than 20k miles. They were $350 struts and they didn't last because I ignored their warning and ran it on a lowering spring. In hindsight I should have went with Koni Yellows.

Get a full coilover system or go with a Neuspeed/Koni setup or Tokico Illumina setup with a good set of springs or don't do it at all.

Unless you're the type that enjoys half-assing your car.

Comment

my gr2s give me no problems
                          im going tein or function forums next year

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                            my gr2s give me no problems
                            im going tein or function forums next year
                            I will bet your GR2s will be blown by the time you switch them over. They're OEM replacement struts. They'll only hold up to a lowering spring for so long before the blow.

So not worth it IMO.

Comment

I use to have neuspeed with tokiko blues and mi car ride smooth ass hell but like evrybody say save money and doit rite is worthed!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X