Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

has anyone painted there own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has anyone painted there own?

hey has anyone painted there own Cb? i wanted to do mine and was wondering if its worth the time or not. and how much does it cost for the DIY?

Me n my brother in-law painted his 90 coupe. Flat black, rattle can! LMAO. His car's a POS, and hes got around $500 in it, counting the 20 or so cans that it took.

To do it right it takes time, and no spray paint. Its more for the DIY people. If your asking about it, then its probley not a job for you. No offense, just that to do it right, takes proper tools, and experience.

And cost wise all depends on how much you want to do, could just spend hundred bucks on cheap paint, and spray it. Would most likely look like ass though.

Comment

well i am a big DIY person and it used to be my DD but now its my project so i can mess up haha. but yea no rattle cans for me. i just want to know how long the process actually is. i have my motor out and so on so i want to try and get some paint done while its dry(less humid) here in southeast texas ha.

Comment

i will be doing mine soon

Comment

sweet man. please post pics since it will be the same car. i just need mainly info on priming and distant from car to spray. i will post pics of mine soon. im also about to get a spray kit so i can have it ready.

Comment

just google the fuck out of it
            i also got to weld new patch panels

Comment

yea its a mixture of googling and info on here. i really want to go with a dark metallic gray kinda like the mazda rx8. i currently have my motor out switching my head and block on it so meanwhile why not paint? haha

Comment

to do it right, it is not cheap. i had this talk with my old shop teacher back when i thought it was as easy as getting the paint and throwing a few coats on with the paint gun.

you may be more interested in the $50 roller paint job method. it's been done quite a few times with GREAT success. this was done with rustoleum smoke gray that comes in bucket paint form

one thing pretty cool thing about that kid's color choice was that rustoleum's smoke gray also comes in spray paint so if there was a spot he just absolutely could not reach, he could use the spray can gracefully. there's a lot of pictures and info on the process he used here: http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1877459&page=44 so you can get an idea if you choose to do so. i also found that he said he used this procedure http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2132553

good luck with whatever way you choose.
                90 ACCORD EX..<-- MR thread

Comment

oh and here's an overview video of that EF sedan so you can see it shines pretty nicely if done right http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceiwy9cDEdA

Comment

wow thanks xaaronx that seems a better route!i want to go more i guess you would say gunmetal(darker) than that but that is still an excellent example

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                      just google the fuck out of it
                      i also got to weld new patch panels
                      No help, no links, telling to search, and nothing useful to add to the thread - See you in a week.

OP - I painted my CB. Do you have any experience painting with a gun? Do you know about the different paint types? Do you know what color type you want (Metallic, pearl, pure etc?) preparation is the main key point in painting cars.

This was my CB after final wetsand and buff of top half of door.

And whole car -
                      Last edited by evil_demon_01; 12-17-2009, 05:21 AM.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by ztaccord View Post
                        wow thanks xaaronx that seems a better route!i want to go more i guess you would say gunmetal(darker) than that but that is still an excellent example
                        well here's the pretty much the entire list of paints you can get from rustoleum. there's also a charcoal gray but it probably wouldn't give an actual gunmetal look. just a darker gray than the smoke....
                        http://rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=150&sid=7784504

Comment

well pretty much whatever you have i want that color and i have alot of artistic skill and i have watched my cousin do it and he can help but he has to do it out of shop otherwise his boss would charge me out the ass for a paint job.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                            No help, no links, telling to search, and nothing useful to add to the thread - See you in a week.

OP - I painted my CB. Do you have any experience painting with a gun? Do you know about the different paint types? Do you know what color type you want (Metallic, pearl, pure etc?) preparation is the main key point in painting cars.

This was my CB after final wetsand and buff of top half of door.

And whole car -
                            that looks good Evil....what did you use to paint with?

Originally posted by xaaronx View Post
                            to do it right, it is not cheap. i had this talk with my old shop teacher back when i thought it was as easy as getting the paint and throwing a few coats on with the paint gun.

you may be more interested in the $50 roller paint job method. it's been done quite a few times with GREAT success. this was done with rustoleum smoke gray that comes in bucket paint form

one thing pretty cool thing about that kid's color choice was that rustoleum's smoke gray also comes in spray paint so if there was a spot he just absolutely could not reach, he could use the spray can gracefully. there's a lot of pictures and info on the process he used here: http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1877459&page=44 so you can get an idea if you choose to do so. i also found that he said he used this procedure http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2132553

good luck with whatever way you choose.

ive been following that guy on H-T for a few months now. that civic he used the gun to paint it. theres another he used the paint roller but with the same results. but all of his projects look good tho. like a professional paint job too.

Comment

its easy man take your time do all your body work try to get every dent and wave out it'll look great. if you got a garage or shop to paint your car at i suggest that that means less trash in the paint which means no wet sand & buff
                              WHITEONWHITE

Comment

Working...
                              X