Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Brightest bulbs for stock lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brightest bulbs for stock lights

What is the brightest bulbs that can be stuck into our stock headlights. without blinding people and without being blueish colored?. It just seems like my low beam bulbs are very dull. and not a very high output
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

IMHO.....but im also biased...

HIDs. 35w. 5000k. Look good, function well above halogen bulbs and, if aimed properly, wont blind people nor look stupid.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I thought hids required some mods to be used in a our headlights? I am kinda just looking for something that I can pop right in. And yes I agree hids done right and not super blue do look good
      You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
      Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

You have to get the right bulb size thats all.stock bulb size is 9006.the bulb slides right in and the wires are plug and play.its simple my 12 year old cousin put in mine on my cb7.

Comment

4300k is OEM.
          COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by stence2028 View Post
            You have to get the right bulb size thats all.stock bulb size is 9006.the bulb slides right in and the wires are plug and play.its simple my 12 year old cousin put in mine on my cb7.
            I know how to change a bulb..and I also know the correct size bulb for our car. I was just asking what is the brightest bulb possible to get for our stock headlights that are not blue tinted like posted above 4300k is stock. Can we get brighter bulbs that fit the oem harness/assembly without modifications? i have just the basic sylvania bulbs right now.
            Last edited by buckysaccord93; 02-20-2011, 08:38 PM.

Comment

I have been seeing people on other forums recommending PIAA intense white bulbs. And others saying the Sylvania SilverStars are brighter than stocks anyone have some experience with these?

Comment

I have the silverstars in my cb7 and they are a very good clear white color, not to bright so they dont blind people. they are a little spendy though

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                  IMHO.....but im also biased...

HIDs. 35w. 5000k. Look good, function well above halogen bulbs and, if aimed properly, wont blind people nor look stupid.
                  This.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Ap...Raptor-HID-Kit

I have that exact setup. Here's a picture:

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                  I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

ddm tuning 9006 35wat 5k hid kit is the brightest lights u can put in with out blinding other drivers. but u gotta re aim after u get them. you can do 55 wat if u dare but those r uber bright

Comment

Had the PIAA Xtreme White before, nice and bright, but exspensive. Last month went with the Regular Sylvania Silver Stars (Blue Pkg), bought them from Advance Auto with an online coupon for 40% off (look in Fatwallet for coupon codes), they also come with a 1 year warranty, so you can return them to the store for a replacement if they burn out.

Not as bright as I would have liked. Seems to be only about 15-20% brighter than stock, but with more of a white light.

If and when they burn out, will go with HIDs, just like you I didn't want to do any mods, just plug and play. HID kits are now less exspensive than PIAA's.

Cheers
                      Last edited by 92 OEM; 02-21-2011, 03:40 PM.

Comment

FYI, there are 2 versions of Silverstars.

There are the regular Silverstars, and then there are the Silverstar Ultras, in a brown package, and they cost like $60, which is twice the price of many HID kits.

Comment

Originally posted by onelivinlarge View Post
                          ddm tuning 9006 35wat 5k hid kit is the brightest lights u can put in with out blinding other drivers. but u gotta re aim after u get them. you can do 55 wat if u dare but those r uber bright
                          I had DDM 6000k in my Accord. Awesome light output, but got lots of complaints about glare from them, especially in the rain.

Comment

I have 30,000k Hid bulbs in my stock headlight assemblies and they're honestly among the brightest I've seen. 12,000k, are also very bright but by far the most light you'll get from any are supposed to be 6 or 8,000k. (btw 30,000k is pink or green and both colors can and will get you pulled over)
                            Being normal is probably the lamest thing you can try to be

Comment

Originally posted by Kboers View Post
                              I have 30,000k Hid bulbs in my stock headlight assemblies and they're honestly among the brightest I've seen. 12,000k, are also very bright but by far the most light you'll get from any are supposed to be 6 or 8,000k. (btw 30,000k is pink or green and both colors can and will get you pulled over)
                              30,000k HID is going to give you less light than an OEM bulb. You're losing output for color.

Honestly, if you want solid light output and want to get away from running HID in a housing that isn't designed for HID, go with the OSRAM Silverstar (not Sylvania), or go with the HIR bulbs. Lumen output is what you want to strive for.

Personally, I would NEVER run HID in a car not designed for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X