Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

lowering car...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lowering car...

cut springs, lowering springs, or coilovers...???

whats betta...???

Seriously?your not a gangstaaaaaaaaaa stop trying to type like one!
    Cut springs= Fucking reatarded.
    Lowering springs= Just right for me when i need to take it out on some twistys an aswell for everyday DD use.
    Coilovers= IMO unless you need them for track use an know how to adjust them for track/road conditions i see no point.Most get them for their Hella "JDM" stance yo!Which is pointless function wise.My car was slammed before i got my Eibachs an it handles an rides 10X better now than before.
    Dont cheap out on this get good quality springs or coliovers also invest in a good strut setup!

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by hondacb7krazy View Post

whats betta...???
      From what I read, if you get lowering springs you should also get coilovers regardless of how low you go.

Comment

What ever you do dont get cheap stuff I had cheap coilovers bounciest ride ever, eventually got lowering springs they work good for me.
        Freedom Is Not Free
        U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by benjerman112 View Post
          What ever you do dont get cheap stuff I had cheap coilovers bounciest ride ever, eventually got lowering springs they work good for me.
          looks like im gettn lowerin springs...my cut 1's don't bounce @ all though...

Comment

on stock stuts??

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
            Originally posted by keepinitclean
            I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

whats betta...???
              Well, unless you're going with a full coilover setup or a pair of Ground Control coilover sleeves matched to a strut, the only "good" piece you listed is the lowering spring.

Originally posted by JamaicaBlue View Post
              From what I read, if you get lowering springs you should also get coilovers regardless of how low you go.
              This is incorrect. Coilover sleeves replace springs with a shorter spring and a threaded collar. Lowering springs and coilover sleeves are mutually exclusive pieces.

This. Coilover sleeves have very high spring rates typically which OEM and many aftermarket struts cannot match, which leads to a bouncy ride.

looks like im gettn lowerin springs...my cut 1's don't bounce @ all though...
              You're lucky. If you replace the springs, replace the struts with an upgarded strut, it is well worth it considering you'll have everything apart.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                Seriously?your not a gangstaaaaaaaaaa stop trying to type like one!.
                Well he might be. U never know who's on the other side of cyberspace. He might be typing live and direct from the mean streets of Compton.
                Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                Coilovers= IMO unless you need them for track use an know how to adjust them for track/road conditions i see no point.
                Thats not necessarily true. Coilovers come in handy during certain times of the year when the weather is snowy. Plus people's tastes change. Sometimes you're feeling slammed out, sometimes your not. But other than that I get what you're saying.

Comment

Quality springs. Quality shocks to match the springs (not all shocks will work... many will be very unsafe). A camber kit, especially if you're going lower than 2". ALIGNMENT is necessary no matter what you do.

And please... stop typing like a 12 year old e-thug. You are asking experienced adults to help you modify your car. We are not your "boiz" or your "homiez". We will help you, but if you insist on typing like a stupid kid, you will be treated as such.

Comment

It boggles my mind that some people say coilovers are more 'for' a track car. Coilover sleeves are height adjustable by setting preload. I see that being a horrible idea where a mix between stiff then stocker, but yet still smooth is sought after. My omnipower coilovers are height and preload adjustable. In my opinion, having preload and height adjustments are fantastic for daily and 'track' hands down.
                    1991 Accord Ex - H22A - Omnipower Coilovers - Greddy SP2
                    1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Originally posted by Leung
                    Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

Comment

Originally posted by 91H22ACB7 View Post
                      It boggles my mind that some people say coilovers are more 'for' a track car. Coilover sleeves are height adjustable by setting preload. I see that being a horrible idea where a mix between stiff then stocker, but yet still smooth is sought after. My omnipower coilovers are height and preload adjustable. In my opinion, having preload and height adjustments are fantastic for daily and 'track' hands down.
                      Right, But every time you adjust your suspension you should have your vehicle realigned and for a dd having set suspension that is what you prefer is going to be a better idea. Alignments can get expensive.
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Screwing an STD-infested hooker works too... but it's not a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by leroy457 View Post
                        ... Alignments can get expensive.
                        not when you buy the lifetime alignment at firestone for 150-170ish

thats what i have done for my wagon and coupe but i was changing suspensions around figuring out what setup i wanted for which car
                        ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

I like my coil-lovers,my car sits nice and perfect. I like them because I can raise the back up a little bore than springs will. They ride really good.
                          Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                          93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

thepowderblue, I can't even tell what you are saying. Do you speak English? Seriously... Whatever you're talking about, you failed to even mention what your setup is... so whoopdeedoo... you like what you have. Good for you. Stop wasting my bandwidth with posts that don't contribute to the conversation.

Originally posted by 91H22ACB7 View Post
                            It's not so much that coilovers are better for a track car... it's just that having more things to adjust is beneficial on a track. ASSUMING the driver or someone on his team knows how to properly adjust them to benefit from it.

The same goes for a street car, only it's not quite so drastic. If you have a ton of adjustment options, but no knowledge or need for it, then it's wasted. Getting a set of properly engineered springs and matched shocks will give the best and safest performance.

Comment

Idk, I don't personally see preload settings being a hard concept to grasp, but do I understand.
                              1991 Accord Ex - H22A - Omnipower Coilovers - Greddy SP2
                              1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Originally posted by Leung
                              Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

Comment

Working...
                              X