Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My $50 Paint Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow I am not sure what to think about this but not a bad job.
    It could have ben almost pro if you just bought a cheap sprayer.
    Last edited by thepowderblue; 07-21-2011, 03:43 PM.
    Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
    93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

looks good to me

Only Hard Thing is Keeping it Clean
      my ride

Comment

i always wondered what a cb7 would look like in a almond color but now i know looks perfect bro you also did that with a spray gun right?
        I love my cb7

Comment

Pretty great job for the roller paint job.

I love the belize blue pearl 8th gen in the back there....

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
          2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

I dig it. I think its a little cheap to go this route, but from what it was jesus its a hell of an improvement on the cheap.

Its seems like the original color was fading through in a couple of the pics, is that how it turned or is it just the lighting in the pic?
            Originally posted by wed3k
            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Ok....let me preface, Im NOT here to flame or be negative but I just want to put out my opinion.

I followed the link to HT, then the link to the OP and read through that till I found the origonal thread on this. The guy that painted his bug used a specific type of paint, thinned it, sanded and repainted, buffed and waxed it. He went through a LOT of work to get what looks like a good paint job in the pics. I suspect your pics hide very visible indications that the car was painted with a roller. In the pic below you can see what Im refering to (appears as such at least).

Again, NOT at all putting ya down bro, props to the time and effort you DID put into it but if it does look rolled then personally I would have just rattle canned it primer until I could spend $250 at Macco. That though is only my opinion which means crap lol

Hope you did not take offense, simply being honest. Note though that I too have wondered how a CB7 would look in this same exact color! And it DOES look good!

Bought from Darkcloud

http://wheelflip.com/r/DrAkE

Comment

That's looking a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Noridetoolow View Post
                  Ok....let me preface, Im NOT here to flame or be negative but I just want to put out my opinion.

I followed the link to HT, then the link to the OP and read through that till I found the origonal thread on this. The guy that painted his bug used a specific type of paint, thinned it, sanded and repainted, buffed and waxed it. He went through a LOT of work to get what looks like a good paint job in the pics. I suspect your pics hide very visible indications that the car was painted with a roller. In the pic below you can see what Im refering to (appears as such at least).

Again, NOT at all putting ya down bro, props to the time and effort you DID put into it but if it does look rolled then personally I would have just rattle canned it primer until I could spend $250 at Macco. That though is only my opinion which means crap lol

Hope you did not take offense, simply being honest. Note though that I too have wondered how a CB7 would look in this same exact color! And it DOES look good!

You just need to wetsand it lightly between the coats to minimize the orange peel.

It is really not as much work as people make it seem. Turning a garage into a paint booth and masking the whole car for spray is just as much work, if not more work.

When done right, most people can't tell that it is a roller job unless they look really close. In fact, 90% of the people won't even believe you when you tell them that a car can be painted with a roller.

Comment

Really all done with a roller!?!
                    RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

I'll admit, I totally expected something like that looks like crap. But you took your time and really stretched the dollars -- great job!

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                        You just need to wetsand it lightly between the coats to minimize the orange peel.

It is really not as much work as people make it seem. Turning a garage into a paint booth and masking the whole car for spray is just as much work, if not more work.

When done right, most people can't tell that it is a roller job unless they look really close. In fact, 90% of the people won't even believe you when you tell them that a car can be painted with a roller.
                        He masked the car well enough to rattle can it and a booth is not required for that either but I would def like to see this in person, whether this CB7 or another car done with a roller, i JUST cant see it without bubbles and roller marks\trails etc etc lol. I do see that wet sanding after the fact could help in smoothing all of it out.

Bought from Darkcloud

http://wheelflip.com/r/DrAkE

Comment

How many coats did you use?

Looks really good BTW. Love It!

Comment

The guy that painted his bug used a specific type of paint, thinned it, sanded and repainted, buffed and waxed it.
                            That's exactly what I did, the picture you posted was only from directly after the 3rd coat was applied, before wetsanding. I ended up doing 5 total coats, overall I'm happy with how it turned out, but you're right, there are some spots where you can see bubbles and drips. At the same time, for $80 and some labor it came out better than I expected for my first time.

@Toycar- In the first few pics you can see the original color, by the time I finished all coats, I don't think you can see it all.

Comment

great job bro, much props

i think this look 10x better than a rattle can primer job anyday of the week

car looks great, love the color

Comment

He masked the car well enough to rattle can it and a booth is not required for that either but I would def like to see this in person, whether this CB7 or another car done with a roller, i JUST cant see it without bubbles and roller marks\trails etc etc lol. I do see that wet sanding after the fact could help in smoothing all of it out.
                                Nobody should ever rattle can a car because the paint will not be durable enough to wetsand/buff and it will NOT be durable enough to withstand harsh winters/powerwashing... plus once you rattle can a car, you can't paint it with regular automotive paint without removing the rattle can paint COMPLETELY

as for roller marks and bubbles - look at the pics of my Integra after I rolled it last month.

Comment

Working...
                                X