Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Altezza's.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was thinking of getting some red clears...but i think the white strip would clash with the white body...so i plan on smoking the white with nightshades...that'll be hot.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathFromAbove
      i'd like it if it were real, fake carbon has no purpose. carbon's only purpose is to be light and rigid when needed...not because it has a cool look. i love the look, but anything i'd get would have to be real. cause only real carbon has the depth to it under light. fake always looks fake. do they i don't see carbon motif tour de france bikes. carbon housing tails would be pretty useless, but it would at least be real. since the only reason people get carbon motif is for the look anyway.
      Im sorry, but your arguement kinda sucks. it DOES look pretty cool, and alot of people buy hoods, trunks, shift knobs, spark plug covers, fenders, body kits, etc. because of that. Honestly, for the average car user, what is 10-15 pounds off the weight of your hood going to do? what is a Carbon Fiber shift knob going to do? Im not saying it looks 100 percent authentic, but if all youre going for is the look . . . then why spend the tons of money on the real thing?
      -Mark-
      CB7
      CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
      Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
        Im sorry, but your arguement kinda sucks. it DOES look pretty cool, and alot of people buy hoods, trunks, shift knobs, spark plug covers, fenders, body kits, etc. because of that. Honestly, for the average car user, what is 10-15 pounds off the weight of your hood going to do? what is a Carbon Fiber shift knob going to do? Im not saying it looks 100 percent authentic, but if all youre going for is the look . . . then why spend the tons of money on the real thing?
        plus if your not going for the cool look, why spend 50-80 bucks a sqaured yard as oppose to 10 you spend with fiberglass(about same wieght) to make stuff like this?
        My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

really and truly, it's about what you like. If you want to put alteezas on your car, go ahead. Nobody on the forum bought your car for you so who are we to tell you what to put on your car. We all have different taste and even though it may be a fad, so is a lot of other stuff. I'm pretty sure when you first seen the alteezas, you were like I never knew they made them for our cars. Kinda like carbon fiber hoods and soon to be carbon fiber trunks. When something is so overly produced, the originality of the idea suffers but that doesn't make or break the product. It's just that something you thought you had first and paid so much for is now being sold for a fraction of the cost and the next door neighbor has is too. That's why i'm kinda against the whole mass production of the carbon fiber trunk lid. Watch, soon it's going to end up on ebay and it's originality is going to be questioned because everybody will have access to it. The group buy last year was the best example because only a number of people have it and that makes others want it more. It's original.................

I like my women like I love my cars, built for comfort and speed........

Comment

i'd spend all the money on the look because only real carbon has that look. do it right or don't do it at all. all that other garbage is just a gray and black checkerboard with swirls around the curves. i love the look of carbon, but like i said the look comes from how it's made, they didn't make carbon to look good, they made it for function and some people also like how it looks. my carbon hood is mainly for looks, and the weight reduction is merely a bonus.
            same goes for dash kits...i mean why would they make real carbon dash kits, even though minor, it still adds weight, but it just looks a million times better than ugly carbon print dash kits. fake carbon is cheesy.

Comment

i'd spend all the money on the look because only real carbon has that look. do it right or don't do it at all. all that other garbage is just a gray and black checkerboard with swirls around the curves. i love the look of carbon, but like i said the look comes from how it's made, they didn't make carbon to look good, they made it for function and some people also like how it looks. my carbon hood is mainly for looks, and the weight reduction is merely a bonus.
              same goes for dash kits...i mean why would they make real carbon dash kits, even though minor, it still adds weight, but it just looks a million times better than ugly carbon print dash kits. fake carbon is cheesy.

Then don't put them on your car.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

eh, i'm perfectly content with my stock tail lights.

maybe that might have something to do with me not being able to buy aftermarket ones. lol

the red/clears are cool, but those seem to be getting played out now. still, at least they look good. not hidious like the altezzas.
                "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Altezzas went out of style right after Nike.

Although if you drive on Buford Hwy, sometimes you can see a mix of both, altezzas and a giant Nike symbol on the rear windshield...
                  Last edited by Alex EX; 03-22-2006, 06:43 PM.
                  You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

Comment

i was thinking of getting some red clears...but i think the white strip would clash with the white body...
                    Here's mine (pre EDM plate garnish, that is) and I've had the set on since 2002. I love 'em.:
                    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

yeah i find they look good on 93-93's sedans and coupes, but i've seen em on a 90-91, and i unno, they didn't do it for me as much. i'd put em on first to see, and then smoke em if i no likee.

yours do like nice indeed. is that an accord coupe emblem? so you did a sedan swap then?

Comment

...is that an accord coupe emblem? so you did a sedan swap then?
                        Nope, its a 10th Anniversary badge...

Comment

oh how erotic.

semi related, tonight i saw vendetta again in IMAX downtown montreal here, and i saw a metallic gray SE sedan parked on a street. friggen sex i wanted to jack his leather. had clear corners and clear bumper sigs.

Comment

oh how erotic.

semi related, tonight i saw vendetta again in IMAX downtown montreal here, and i saw a metallic gray SE sedan parked on a street. friggen sex i wanted to jack his leather. had clear corners and clear bumper sigs.
                            Was the movie any good?
                            Does he wear a mask? or his face really like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex EX
                              Altezzas went out of style right after Nike.

Although if you drive on Buford Hwy, sometimes you can see a mix of both, altezzas and a giant Nike symbol on the rear windshield...

HAHAHA. Dude that brings back memories. I used to work at teh Pep Boys on Piedmont close to Buford, i'm sure you know where that is. I drove parts around a lot and most shops were up Buford Hwy. I swear if i drove for 3 miles I would encounter at LEAST: 3 corollas with Nike signs, 5 civics with it, and about a dozen older mini-trucks with it too. All like 4 foot wide stickers too. And of course the perfect complement to it are 12" gold 100 spokes sticking out a foot from the fender. ahh the good old days. sorry for the hijack.

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
                              Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #4
                              Official Ebay Whore Crew #9

Comment

I am not going to say the generic, its your ride, do what you want. I hate altezza lights. They look tacky! Who ever made the point of how they mess up the flow of the car is right! Not also is the CB7 boxy, so are the tail lights, there are no real curves to them. Altezza lights just look rediculous, red/clears look nice unlike tezza's. I wish people would stop buying them and then they would dissappear forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X