Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

EL Reverse Glow Gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EL Reverse Glow Gauges

Does anyone know how to install EL reverse glow gauges?

What company did you buy from...it should've come with instructions.

Comment

Thanks, I haven't bought them yet, but I am considering buying them off of ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93...69239020QQrdZ1
      I was just wondering if it would be difficult to install.

Comment

no these are like the ones i bought except mine are white...

gotta remove the cluster, open it up, and maneuver these around the needles...seriously the hardest part of this is removing the cluster...to gain acess to our clusters the whole daskboard trim has to be removed....its all one peice..the trim that goes around all the air vents/ cd player/ ash tray, maybe even the center console to make it easier....

there are bolts behind the OEM switches, every air vent, the ash tray....its fucking nuts....get a haynes manual...it describes how to do this...the cluster is like 4 bolts and then pull it out after unplugging the harness conexts....just remember that if the dash trim doesnt want to budge in a particular spot its most likley because you misses some screws so keep looking because you WILL break the plastic trim...its VERY delicate....

as far as installing the faces just be very carefull not to break the needles......

thats about it.

Comment

Thanks Ralphie,
          I think I'll give it a try when it's a little warmer in Canada. I'm still trying to find them in KPH instead of MPH, but no luck yet.

Comment

Originally posted by htran187
            Thanks Ralphie,
            I think I'll give it a try when it's a little warmer in Canada. I'm still trying to find them in KPH instead of MPH, but no luck yet.

no problemo....

yea thats not too easy but check this site out!

gauges

they have diff gauges and you can custom make them....they have the mph/kph option and diff designs and logos...some of it is rice but you can create a simple design on their too....my buddy went through them and had no issues so i can vouch for them....

Comment

If you need help getting the dash trim off, get a haynes manual. I have one and when I put my new gauges in I used it to tell me exactly where each screw is that holds the trim. Not to mention great for lots of other things too.
              R.I.P. CB7; hello spec-v!

Member's Ride
              FS thread: full part-out

Help me with my spec-V fund, buy my stuff!!!
              Degree of rice and performability are inversely related.

Comment

gauges are alright, just make sure you are exremely careful putting them on over your old stock gauges so you dont break one of the needles, believe me, i bought the reverse ac auto tech gauges didnt like them pulled them off and broke my gas needle and if you buy off ebay dont expect them to be top quality parts they will be cheap, and the resistor used to control the colors, dim, brightness etc, SUCKS i would go with one off the website they just showed you above they look legit and theres a lot more selection. Just my 2 cents.
                Originally posted by jboyce
                i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

Yea I went to that website and checked it out. When I checked for my specific model (93 ex auto) and they didn't have it so I emailed them.They told me that they didn't make it for auto, so I'm out of luck and might have to settle for they ones I saw on Ebay at the risk of lower quality. Thanks everyone for all you help. This site is definitely the best for the CB7 lover!

Comment

Originally posted by 92cb7accord
                    gauges are alright, just make sure you are exremely careful putting them on over your old stock gauges so you dont break one of the needles, believe me, i bought the reverse ac auto tech gauges didnt like them pulled them off and broke my gas needle and if you buy off ebay dont expect them to be top quality parts they will be cheap, and the resistor used to control the colors, dim, brightness etc, SUCKS i would go with one off the website they just showed you above they look legit and theres a lot more selection. Just my 2 cents.
                    im with you. i also broke my gas needle its pretty annoying because i have no idea on how much gas i have.

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
                    New people click here

Comment

Working...
                    X