Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Body kit vs. lowering the car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body kit vs. lowering the car...

This is my 91 Honda Accord DX model with auto tranny. I have a full body kit on her with "17X7" inch wheels and kind of thin tires. The thing is that I'm going to get her painted next week and after that I'm going to want to kill that space between my tires. I don't know if I need bigger rims or if I should drop the car. I didn't want to lower her at first but, I'm hearing that bigger rims won't kill the space but raise the car instead. I'm not sure if I should drop her because the kit may bottom out. Most performance damper kits lower the car at least "1.5" inches and I have to put in consideration that the car will bounce lol on bumpy roads, speed bumps, pot holes, etc... I know it will look much better with a drop too and I do want to keep these rims and repaint them. What do you think because most lowered CB7's I see do not have kits. I think I'm going to drop her anywayz but, I want a second opinion.
    [IMG]

Last edited by Accordolictx; 03-08-2007, 01:23 PM.

IF you want to spend the money I say go Omnipower. YOu saw how low Todd/Shannons black boosted f22b accord was. Even though it sits that low the omnis compress like an 1" or so your lookin at a bouncy ride but it doesnt bottom out as often.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Tire size plays a huge roll in wheel gap. With the right tire size, you don't need an aggressive drop to kill the wheel gap.

A 215/45 tire on Neuspeed Sports with any struts other than AGX should give you very little wheel gap, but also will allow you to run the kit without bottoming out everywhere. In addition the ride won't be bouncy.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
        Tire size plays a huge roll in wheel gap. With the right tire size, you don't need an aggressive drop to kill the wheel gap.

A 215/45 tire on Neuspeed Sports with any struts other than AGX should give you very little wheel gap, but also will allow you to run the kit without bottoming out everywhere. In addition the ride won't be bouncy.
        So true, even after playing with my suspension I still have more wheel gap in front because the tire size up front is 205/40 and my rear tires are 225/45 (I know, thay are huge). I will be upgrading to 215/45 up front in a little to kill the rest of the gap
        On a next note, I had a bodykit as most know and my car is dropped 2.25 -2.5(after settling) and I hardly bottom out even tho i rock springtech springs and KYB gr2 struts. You just gotta be careful with curbs, sidewalks, etc.
        1993 Accord LX - Sold
        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Thanx guys...

I feel a little more comfortable about dropping her now. I wasn't really quite sure if it was a good investment at first but, it seems it will play out fine. I'll just make sure that the damper kit I kit is adjustable. I'm going to talk to Nelson (NiAL05) a little bit more about this at our meet this Sunday since he will be able to see how she sits currently. AccordtunerZZ's accord looks nice lowered. That is a good example of what I'm looking for. I was wondering how you got around like that without a scratch. Nice driving bro! What size are your rims?

Comment

With out a doubt drop it. Youll thank yourself in the end, itll look better plus handeling increases so much. Makes for a funner drive.
            Hellz yeah im now workin at HONDA

Comment

I think so too...

After I get my CB7 painted I will be lowering it. I just don't want it to be too low but, low enough and a enjoyable ride. I've heard a lot of horror stories about suspension and I always questioned myself if I wanted to do that or not. That's why I went for the kit first so that I would know how much room I had to play with. I'm just thankful for you guys and this site for looking out for me. I'm still a newcomer to this but, I'm very active behind the sences because I'm not a full member yet but that's cool. I'm always interested to know more. I love these cars. I wish I had the time to do more hands-on. Are CB7's higher at the front end than the rear?

Comment

lower it. atleast 1.2-1.5 inches all around. u can go with a eibach prokit or eibach sportlines. any reputable sport spring for that matter. the drop would complete the look of the exterior u want.. it just looks so much better!

94 Accord Wagon EX-R/H22A 5 speed
                91 Accord Wagon EX-R/ F22A6 5 speed
                93 Accord Wagon EX/ F22A4
                91 Accord Sedan EX/ F22A4 5 speed
                94 Accord Sedan EX-R/ F22b1 5 speed
                94 Accord Sedan EX-R/ F22b1

Comment

Ok...

I hear that if you buy lowering springs, you must by shocks that fit them because they won't fit the factory shocks. Plus, if they do fit you will have one hell of a bouncy ride. Do these springs that you recommend come with shocks? I'm looking into purchasing a damper kit. Maybe even any adjustable one.

Comment

I'm not sure the numbers, but yes I do believe that our cars are higher in front than in the back. I noticed this on my car as well. Even after I lowered the car 2.1" in fron and 1.7 in back, the front still looked higher!

SOLD!!
                    Boosted H22
                    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

If you have some money to play with, I would suggest moving to 18's or 19's, and purchasing a full coilover setup (Tein SS or better!)

Comment

2.25 drop front and back, speed bump? it doesnt scratch my kit, 17 on a accord is a good rim and good size is 215/45. a body kit on a car but without a drop dont make car look good, because it still too high up. here is my drop

it has eyes!!!

Comment

I think that a drop really makes the kit look a lot better. I don't know how low my car sits because the springs have been on for so long and settled pretty low. You will have more problems with big man-holes or pot holes for that matter, but as long as your conscientious you should be okay. I'm on 17's too.

Comment

Which setup do you trust with your kit?

1) Full damper kit- Adjustable or non- adjustable (coilovers)
                            2) Add lowering springs to factory shocks
                            3) Add coilovers to factory shocks

I have a question if anyone can answer...
                            1) I hear that lowering springs (non- adjustable), are stiffer and stronger than coilovers? Is that true because you coilovers can be adjusted?

Nicely done Accord you have there "Vis Accord." I used to have that same front before I changed it. You have a kit and you drive your car that low daily driven? Wow that's impressive and you roll 17's too? That's gives me a better picture of what I'm going for. I don't think I'll lower mine as low as "2.25" inches but somewhere between "1.5 or 2.0" inches. You have a full damper kit? That's what I'm getting. I wanted to just get lowering springs but I don't trust the factory shocks in supporting them. This is real important because I'm getting paint this week and then I'm shooting for an suspension ugrade to keep this baby sexy looking and off the ground.

Comment

befor you do anything else, if you drive the car on a regular basis, PAINT IT! seriously, rosewood doesnt look good with three different colors of fiberglass and urethane.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
                              X