Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How many people use their stock car speakers wires to run the front speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many people use their stock car speakers wires to run the front speakers?

I am having trouble running new speaker cables to my front door.
    I have a 1990 Honda Accord LX, 4 doors, 4 speed automatic.

I have the Alpine components SPS600C in the front and Coaxial SPS17C2 in the rear deck. Running off the JVC head unit with 20W RMS each channel, it sounds clear and great. However, I want a little, not a lot, more bump and volume in the speakers, so I am going to hook up a used old school 4 channel JBL Model GTQ 240. It's about 45-50W RMS each channel. I would think the stock speaker cable to my front doors are 22AWG.
    How many people are using their amp connecting to the car stock speaker cables? I don't think the SQ would be noticeably different to the human ears, at least mine.

Any opinion or advice on this matter? Right now, I want to mount the amp in the back of my seat and run 14 gauge cables to the back of the head unit and tap into the stock speaker cables from there to my doors.

Thanks for any input.

You want the 2 door speakers, or the 6x9s too?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188155
    Bought from: ChampCoupe
    Sold to:Losiracer2

Comment

Originally posted by 91ExSedan View Post
      You want the 2 door speakers, or the 6x9s too?
      I am more concern about the 2 doors speakers 6.5" ones. This concern is due to the difficulty of running the cables to the doors. I am afraid to rip the boot that is already there.

Comment

I run stock wires.

People have very strong opposing opinions on this subject. I'll search up a related thread.
        Gimme a sec...

edit: here's one.
        Last edited by TheNextEpisode; 05-07-2009, 02:58 AM.

Comment

I used the stock wiring, with no problems.

Comment

i had to run them in through my fenders, and in through the loom and its all good

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

I am using the stock wiring for my front speakers in the doors. I just tap'ed into the wires where they enter into console(where your headunit goes). I'm running an old school Fosgate 125.2(610watts RMS) to them + my 6x9s in rear deck.

No problems at all.
              90 accord EX automatic F22A4 232,500
              DIY ram intake
              0gauge/4gauge BIG 3
              stock alt rewound to 120amps
              optima orange top 830cca 1030ca
              fully synthetic valvoline "Max Life" 5w30

Other rides:
              2004 Jeep Liberty v6
              2001 Honda civic ex coupe 1.7 vtec

Comment

Yes. I use the factory wires all the time. If there is nothing wrong with them then there is no reason to change them. I work at a sound shop in Chicago during the summer. We use a technique called "Tapping front to rear" that consist of taking the:

-LF speaker wire and connecting it to the -LR speaker wire,
                +LF speaker wire connecting it to the +LR speaker wire.
                -RF speaker wire and connecting it to the -RR speaker wire,
                +RF speaker wire connecting it to the +RR speaker wire.

I hope this didnt sound complicated because its really not. This operation is performed behind the head unit. Once all of this is complete, your speaker wires that is connected to the rear speakers become the front speaker wires thus the term "Tapping Front To Rear" Since you are mounting the amp on the seat it will be really easy to run a pair of wires to the rear speakers.

This has been the quickest and easiest way for me to wire up an amp with front and rear speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                  I am more concern about the 2 doors speakers 6.5" ones. This concern is due to the difficulty of running the cables to the doors. I am afraid to rip the boot that is already there.

u are on BAD DUDE
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Used the stock wiring in at least 5 different CB's, all were amp driven and never had an issue

Comment

Originally posted by plee3 View Post
                      Yes. I use the factory wires all the time. If there is nothing wrong with them then there is no reason to change them. I work at a sound shop in Chicago during the summer. We use a technique called "Tapping front to rear" that consist of taking the:

-LF speaker wire and connecting it to the -LR speaker wire,
                      +LF speaker wire connecting it to the +LR speaker wire.
                      -RF speaker wire and connecting it to the -RR speaker wire,
                      +RF speaker wire connecting it to the +RR speaker wire.

I hope this didnt sound complicated because its really not. This operation is performed behind the head unit. Once all of this is complete, your speaker wires that is connected to the rear speakers become the front speaker wires thus the term "Tapping Front To Rear" Since you are mounting the amp on the seat it will be really easy to run a pair of wires to the rear speakers.

This has been the quickest and easiest way for me to wire up an amp with front and rear speakers.
                      That's actually a really good idea. Saves ya from having to run any additional wire. Never thought about that. I'm thinking this should be a sticky, or something

Comment

I've ran thicker wire in my friend's cars before but I never have in mine. I had a Kicker650.4 running the highs in my cb and never had a problem.

Comment

unless your running a HUGE, and i mean world record system speakers, the stock wiring will do fine. im running kicker components in the doorswith stock wiring.

Comment

I've got Pioneer 6.5's in my front doors, running off a Kicker Impulse 654ix with no issues.

Comment

The stock wires it is.
                              Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X