Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Will a sound system effect acceleration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will a sound system effect acceleration?

I have 2 rockford t1 subs and my whole trunk has dynamat, will that effect my acceleration a lot?

I don't think it'd affect it a great deal, but it will affect it, due to the weight

Comment

100lbs is roughly equal to 1/10th of a second

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
        100lbs is roughly equal to 1/10th of a second
        I was gonna say that...Sport Compact Car did an article with a Nissan Sentra SE-R several years back. They stripped it down hardcore to show the 1/4 mile time improvement seen with weight reduction. That's about what it came down to. I noticed a big difference in acceleration when I put a system in my car, it was definately slower.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Let's see...
          2 12's t1= about 40 lbs
          dynamat=about 5lbs
          amp=around 15lbs
          box= about 50lbs
          around 100lbs of audio equipment will definitely slow you down,but not a lot.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I wouldn't think that 1/10th of a second estimate could be generalized to all cars, SE-R's aren't 4th gen accords...difference in power. I would assume that the greater your engine hp is, the less it will be effected by 100 pounds.

either way in your accord yes it will effect your acceleration, but not by TOO much...buy it will yes.
            ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
              I wouldn't think that 1/10th of a second estimate could be generalized to all cars, SE-R's aren't 4th gen accords...difference in power. I would assume that the greater your engine hp is, the less it will be effected by 100 pounds.

either way in your accord yes it will effect your acceleration, but not by TOO much...buy it will yes.
              Well, of course the more power you have the less it's going to affect it. However, it's a pretty good estimate for most cars. It's pretty close for the first 500 ponies or so. I get people asking me why I don't pull all my ICE to make the car faster and I tell them the .1 second it would give me isn't worth not having my bumps when I want them.

Comment

i can feel the difference when i have my subs in my trunk or not...abt 75lbs.... not much but enough to notice a slight difference.. like driving all day with some one with you then they get out and u can feel the difference

Comment

I took all of my stuff out of the trunk in my celica before but we doing nothing but racing that weekend. I also had probably close to, if not more than, 200lbs in it though.

Comment

Just think of it as your car being stock with a small passenger. yeah somewhat slower but im sure the sound system is worth the sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
                      I don't think it'd affect it a great deal, but it will affect it, due to the weight
                      You beat me to the punch. Lol. One sure way to offset the weight is to upgrade the performance parts.
                      Bisimoto Engineering
                      1) Call 1-888-9BC-MOTO(888-922-6686 ext. 1) Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST
                      2) Email me, robert@bisimoto.com
                      3) Contact me on AIM, robert@bisimoto.com

Comment

yeah it will affect acceleration, but not to bad..

Comment

any mass will affect your accelleration, it is a simple fact of physics. how much it will affect it is the amount of mass you will be adding. if you go crazy and put an alpine-show-car level of fiberglass and product in the car, yes it will be much slower, otherwise it will be barely noticeable.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Make sure you secure everything properly too. Any objects that are free to slide around will hurt your acceleration even more from a stop. Momentum sucks.
                            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                              Make sure you secure everything properly too. Any objects that are free to slide around will hurt your acceleration even more from a stop. Momentum sucks.
                              Also from a safety standpoint if you get into a wreck everything in the back will be slung up front and guess who sits up there.....YOU! Of course if you don't have your backseat folded down it may not matter much but it's just something to think about. My dad's known a couple of people that had this happen to them. One had I think a car battery and the other was a traction bar but stereo equipment will fly forward the same way and still not be too friendly to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X