Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio

I was thinking about buying a visonik system are they any good?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...+Package+.html

They are what they are, cheap and go thump. They sound decent at best.

If you are looking at keeping the system for a while I'd look into buying something a bit better then Visonik.

If you want suggestions, just ask.
    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Audio

What do you suggest?

Comment

Good for a beginner or your first system if you didn't know any better...luckily you found cb7tuner.com lol

What are you looking for in a system?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by Biggz92 View Post
          What do you suggest?
          Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
          What are you looking for in a system?
          ^What he said.

Depending on what you want out of your system depends on what brands you should take a gander at.

Also budget is a factor as well. If you want to stay around the $200 mark, you might just be looking at some high quality used equipment.

Do you have an/any amp(s) or sub(s)?
          Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Audio

Something good that would last me for awhile and that makes a good enough thump.

Comment

Audio

The most i would spend is $300.

Comment

How much trunk space do you want to keep?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

it really doesn't matter

Comment

Alpine type-r 12" in a custom built ported box...are you good with wood working?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

yea

Comment

if your're in a $300 budget and want a decent sound system go with the sony Xplod Systems, they are decent and great for beginners.

Sony 600watt Amp - 110
                        Sony Xplod 500w 12" Sub - $60 (the rockford ps2 kicks ass though)
                        box enclosure is like $30
                        Sony Headunit (theres a bundle that includes the sony speakers too) - $100

thats a total of - $300 +tax

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

Ok I suggest you build your own box and get a nice 500wrms amp. 3 cubic feet @ 35hz is good for a starting point.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jmolina View Post
                              if your're in a $300 budget and want a decent sound system go with the sony Xplod Systems, they are decent and great for beginners.

Sony 600watt Amp - 110
                              Sony Xplod 500w 12" Sub - $60 (the rockford ps2 kicks ass though)
                              box enclosure is like $30
                              Sony Headunit (theres a bundle that includes the sony speakers too) - $100

thats a total of - $300 +tax
                              Sorry, I can't agree with you here. The Xplod systems suck donkey anus. They're not much better than the VR3 crap at WalMart IMO. I've owned several different pieces of Sony car audio, and I'll never own another one. And a $30 box will be shit. The MDF alone should run you that much.

If you're trying to build an entire system for $300 your best bet is to take your time and shop around. You can get damn nice equipment on clearance for the cheap (Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine) or you can get last year's model or a floor model cheap (I once bought a pair of competition 10s that originally were $299 each for $30 each because they were two years old NIB) or you can shop craigslist and pick up nice used equipment. If you go the CL route, make sure you get to hear it working before you buy it. I cannot stress that enough. There are legit sellers on CL, but it's up to you to be sure you're buying decent equipment.
                              If you're buying new, then you get what you pay for 99% of the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X